BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I was blown away of how good it was. I thought Cloak and Dagger would be the only ones, but The Innocents took it even further. I put it up there with another favorite IR love Story of mine A United Kingdom.

But that ending left fans wanting a season 2 which the creators pointed out is likely and it does appear to be what they call a summer sleeper hit as it was trending in the top ten on Netflix for about 4 days.

2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I was shocked at how visceral their relationship was. That was about as Romeo and Juliet as a show can get.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Been watching the short-lived The CW medical dramedy series "Emily Owens, M.D." that aired back in 2012-2013, for the last week & half.

They got D.B. Woodside on this show playing the Husband of the veteran female surgeon character (Played by Necar Zadegan) that the young 1st-year surgical intern characters all look-up to:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cult follower Minnow (Elena Kampouris) risks danger when she falls for outsider Jude (Shane Paul McGhie) on Facebook Watch's new melodrama, Sacred Lies. I rate this 10-part series binge-worthy. A new 30 min episode airs each Friday.

5. darkcurry

It does look interesting judging by the trailer. (I would check this out even if the lead didn't have a black love interest.)

But once again it will fly under the radar because it's on facebook. With their troubles and having not done a good job of promoting their new web programs these will be hard to find. Hopefully Facebook watch will begin to pick up steam.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  6. SilverSmith

Given proper marketing support, Sacred Lies could grow its viewership exponentially. FB Watch has, thus far, under promoted all of its web series. That's unfortunate because Sacred Lies is top-notch.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Has the current Bachelor in Paradise been covered here? I was at the gym and caught it on the TV monitor on Monday night.

The hot black guy on there scored the cutest girl on there. They were really into each other.
    I missed the second hr but saw the "coming up" scenes when they introduced a new ( also White) woman to the paradise and he was licking his lips and chatting to her while getting dagger eyes from the current chick he had hooked up with, lol. I wanted to see it but had to leave and missed it by the time l got home.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I didn't even know Facebook was putting out its own series til I saw it here.

9. SilverSmith

And therein lies the problem with the Facebook Watch product team--- most FB users have never heard of the free video platform, despite launching in the United States 12 months ago.

10. darkcurry

I notice more Interracial go down on that show than their main shows. I don't know that seems suspicious to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

Yeah, well hopefully with Elizabeth Olsen now having a show (a show I'm still skeptical on with the IR storyline.) maybe when she starts promoting it her star power will bring in more viewers to that platform.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol! I definitely feel you. But I'm trying to be optimistic.

13. darkcurry

I'm not. lol. I mean how is it that these girls are more friendly with the brothas on Bachelor In Paradise than on The Bachelorette. Out of ALL those white women that had become The Bachelorette not ONE of them chose a brotha or had brothas reach at least the top 3. But as soon as this show come out oh these girls are all over black men now. lol. I wouldn't put it behind me if they are TOLD not to choose black men or they purposely some how find white women that aren't into black men.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

What exactly is suspicious about it? I don't watch any of those The Bachelor franchise shows, but since ABC is my default channel I often have them on in the background. Being The Bachelorette (& The Bachelor) comes with a lot of media attention, scrutiny, & pressure.

"Bachelor in Paradise" looks like a fun, less serious, less-pressure filled spinoff which can end with multiple couples together & a lot more opportunities for hook-ups.

No shit the females on "Bachelor in Paradise" are more open to BM than on The Bachelorette.

15. darkcurry

^^ Ummm, I just said it... at the end there. lol.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Remember the difference is marriage. Black men have always been the fun hook up story but as far as a life long partner to build a life with black men are dead last in terms of marriage material. Shit even black women when given the choice will choose almost anyone else the bachelorette(don't think a black guy made it into her top 3) showed us that. The popular narrative is still black men don't commit and won't take care of their kids. White men are the fairytale ending because they magically never cheat never abandon their families and always have the money to make dreams come true.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

Not really. You said The Bachelorettes don't pick BM because they're specifically told not to pick BM or are not into BM period.

I'm saying because "Bachelor in Paradise" is a different format from "The Bachelor"/"The Bachelorette" & is more laid back compared to those 2 shows, women feel more comfortable choosing BM on BIP. Not to mention, the women on BIP are former contestants on "The Bachelor". None of them were actually "The Bachelorette".

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You're right in the overall general sense. In particular as well, it would invariably uptick the image of BM if ABC regularly designated BM as the debonair, suave, well-educated, rich etc husband prize to women. And that benefits who. Not WM.

At the end of the day, they cater to their audience. If BW were it, guess who'd be the Bachelor. Unfortunately, there arent enough BW (and some WW) to satisfy ABC's demographics quota to sell space to advertisers. From it's wildly successful start ,The Bachelor/ette is now a franchise. I don't see the formula changing, likely why they introduced the lighter format shows, so every demo is represented. They even have a half Asian guy on.

Now...if they ever have a full Asian or Hispanic guy as the Bachrlor, oh boy...

19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a guy named Juan Pablo as The Bachelor?

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well damn..indeed there was..

"Juan Pablo Galavis Guinand is an American-born Venezuelan former professional soccer midfielder/forward, who retired in 2008. In 2013, he was chosen as the first Latino star of the ABC-TV reality show The Bachelor after 17 editions.

(So.. we don't have enough American Black male athletes to choose from? IJS)

Also, this guy was born in NY but left to Venezuela at 2 yrs old and didn't return to America until college age to play ball.
    Clearly, ABC loved his blonde blue eyes look along with his Hispanic name... it seems their safe way to "exoticize" the brand and draw in the Hispanic demo while keeping their base interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018