Living in Stuttgart, Germany: My experiences (Pt. 1)

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by marcolorenzo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

alright, i just had a quick overreading marco lorenzo s experiences. i ll make a long story short.

he is right in some points. he is not in others. there is a lot of generalizing german woman in stuttgart over one comb. i m not going to get myself into this discussion.

i will not say more here, apart from, what is good for some is bad for others and the other way round.

make yourself your own opinion- you might end up having a different impression then he does, or the same.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That guy who first started this thread is no where to be contacted. Wished he would return soon.

3. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I also didn`t fully agree with the poster but since my experiences in Stuttgart was in the early to late 80's I felt that things may have changed since then. Plus I was associated with the US Army quite unlike the poster who apparently was working in the German economy. In his case, he was competing with Germans for jobs, housing, etc. whereas I was not.

I found the folks in Stuttgart very friendly. For example, once they learnt I didn't "sprechen Deutche" they were quite willing to speak English (actually British English). As for cuisine, it varied within Germany but it was usually pork. I once ate dinner at one of my neighbour's home (this was in Boeblingen) and it was a variety of cold cuts and cheese with wine, of course. Cold cuts and cheese were fresh from the butcher shop(bucherei). Is this type of dinner normal? I don't know but I enjoyed it.

Rude. Germans are very orderly so imagine my surprise at the pushing and shoving particularly by kids to get into a bus. That`s the only example of rudeness I could recall but I consider that mild.

Let me close by saying we all should know how easy it is to generalise and so need to be careful. For example, if all a stranger saw was black guys walking around showing their underwear and using foul language it would be easy for that stranger to jump to the conclusion that all blacks are vulgar and disrespectful. We all know how inaccurate that is.

4. Katrina Palmer

Katrina Palmer New Member

Stuttgart is famous in Germany for being unfriendly and cold.
    It is stereotype but some stereotype are true.
    Also since its such wealthy city and all the men there have such good jobs the girls who are there not impressed very easy by any man without a great job.

It is not representing of germany .
    I am biased since i am from other place in Germany but I think girls in other parts germany much more open.

I think the best placings for black men to get pretty girls easy in my country is in small or middle size towns that not close to american military bases (so black more special), that not have a big african refugee number and that are not well off in economics (so less self arrogance).
    In such towns in Germany, dating for black men (if that have a job and not act foolish ).. is very very easy .

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  5. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Black men of a certain generation have learnt it can be dangerous trying to date white women in small town USA so they may think twice about going into small towns in Germany.

6. Soulthinker

Wow. That's still true.

7. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I don’t agree with what she wrote.

8. Soulthinker

Why? I just visited the Benz and Porsche museums.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I have not been to Germany, but my German female acquaintances have been nothing like what I read above.

10. Madeleine

Thanks am glad to hear;-)
    A lot of the above is nonsense to me but I have been staying out of it on purpose because I don’t want it to look like I’m just here to defend Germany out of my prejudiced, non-objective point of view.

OP writes for instance the most beautiful women in Germany aren’t even German but Turkish. Apart from the fact that 3rd generation Turkish-Germans ARE German it's ridiculous to hold that against German women. Obviously if you prefer Mediterranean women you’ll find them more beautiful than central/northern European and vice versa. So a lot of things are just very subjective but I have the impression black Americans, military and otherwise have a pretty good time in Germany.
    As for Katrina Palmer I think she’s been trolling from the start.
    I don’t know why the whole conversation about Germany is revolving around Stuttgart. Stuttgart is not the only city. Berlin is super international and metropolitan, Frankfurt is the financial hub, cologne is party capital Munich is “northernmost city of Italy” and many more...a lot to discover before jumping to conclusions.

11. orejon4

Agreed. East is different from the West. The various Lander all have their own characters, et cetera. I have had fantastic relationships, both romantic and friendship, with women from Germany. I think the experiences are too varied to generalize with any accuracy. Maybe the emphasis on Stuttgart is because Gemini74 is from there?

12. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

The original poster said he lives in Stuttgart. He said he was writing about his experience in that city. 9 years ago though. He is probably a grandfather by now and you guys resurrected his thread after all these years. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. orejon4

That's what I get for sticking my nose into this and only reading the last page of thread posts.

And go easy on us old guys! ;)

14. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

We can't because then everyone will want to not read. You're on the hook. :p

15. orejon4

Hopefully it’s a catch-and-release format.

16. Madeleine

17. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

I should give my experiences being in Germany, but I have a reputation to maintain LOL.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Tell us more!

19. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

So I was stationed Frankfurt/Wiesbaden and I was also in Bavaria-Bamberg and Nuremberg. Timeframe 2012 and 2013. It amazes me how young the US is as a country. I remember sitting in a tavern in Bamberg and looking at a sign saying established in 1326. That’s crazy!!
    A lot of historical sites I.e castles, churches, etc..

I made it a point to get off posts and experience the culture. I didn’t realize this but English is the lingua Franca of Western Europe. Ok to the part all the fellas want to know about, the women.

So I’m not going to say every woman in Germany loves black men. But the women looking for us they want black American men and their not shy about. To compare and contrast between American women and German women, German women, in my experience, are friendlier and more appreciative. Not a player and I’m average looks wise but i couldn’t believe how effortless it was to attract women.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  20. Soulthinker

Tell us on your time in Germany. I just stay for a few days over the years.