NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 11, 2014.

1. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Yeah that klutz Freese cost us an easy 3 :smt043:smt043

You're welcome :freehug:

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

My Jaguars choked away a 17-0 lead but my fantasy team won this week so it's all good. The difference is that I expected the Jaguars to lose, not my fantasy team.

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Optimus Prime

[​IMG]

2-0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nice comeback, Bears.

6. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Holy crap!

What a great Sunday Night game!! :D

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

This definitely makes up for the loss at Cincy a few days ago

[​IMG]

8. Bookworm616

I felt so badly for Tampa Bay last night. I was happy to see them get 14 points.

I'm sure that lifted their spirits a teeny bit.

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Me too. :(

10. jaym15

jaym15 New Member

they suck

i certainly didnt, maybe they would do better in the SEC East

:smt043

11. Since1980

I would feel sorry if this were a high school game, or maybe even a college game where some big name FBS stomps the shit out of some smaller program. But this is professional football. Every single team has access to the same caliber of player and coach as every other team. There's just no excuse for any team to be playing that badly. And what's worse is that the Falcons only had four days in between this game and the last one, and Roddy White was out.

Atlanta's offense is pretty solid but it ain't 56-14 solid. Tampa Bay just shit the bed.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The comeback kings -- my 2-0 Eagles -- would have come back and beaten those Falcons. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  13. Since1980

The Eagles never would have gotten that far behind to begin with! Not many games are over in the first quarter.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

True, lol....
    Poor Lovie, though, he said he's deeply embarrassed. He's never been 3-0.

*Oh and I meant to type Falcons* :p

Congrats on the WIN!

15. Since1980

Thanks :freehug: After last season being 1-1 works for me. And as for Tampa their next three games are the Saints, the Steelers, and the Ravens. 0-6 is not out of the question, especially since those first two games are on the road.

I do feel bad for Lovie. He's a much better coach than his record so far shows but he doesn't have anything to work with defensively in Tampa Bay. They went all-in on offense during the draft and it shows.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I like your overall take on it. :smt001

Wow though on 0-6? Humiliating losses normally spur motivation for redemption, so while I would hope it's the Saints -- your arch enemies :mad: -- they are 0-2 and if Brees takes an L from the Vikkings, he'll go ham on the Bucs, if nothing else but to beat your thrashing. :cool: Sooo, I put my money on the Steelers taking the loss.
    Will be interesting though to see your predictions play out.

17. Since1980

As much as I like to see N.O. lose, they do well at home. And out those three teams the Steelers are probably the most beatable; their offensive line still looks too weak for them to compete this season.

Also, I would like to respectfully request that the Eagles thrash the Cowboys both times this season. The bandwagon fans in my office are starting to still acting like it's 1995 :smt043

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

With pleasure! Nothing shuts those cock-a-roaches up faster than a hiding.

19. Bookworm616

I didn't get to watch the Falcons/Buccaneers game until it was in the 3rd quarter, but a friend of mine was texting me updates.

The Bucs fumbled a lot of passes. My friend was saying he thinks Lovie will be fired.

I think he'll be given another season, but he's likely skating on very thin ice right now.

The thing about Lovie is I don't think he's head coach material. He doesn't seem to have much knowledge on the offensive side of the ball. He screwed up our offense like crazy.

He would make a much better Defensive Coordinator, IMHO.

My Dad hated Lovie, especially because his expression never changed on the sidelines. My Dad always said you could never tell how the Bears were doing if you're looking only at Lovie. LOL. He shows absolutely NO emotion on the sidelines. He would do better in a less high profile job.

I hope he turns the team around this season, though.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator