On Obamacare, Donald Trump is sabotaging himself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Loki, Oct 16, 2017.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Except Trump is eminently unqualified and is compromised. Obama was not.

2. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

OPINION.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No that's an actual fact as evideneced by how they individually deal/dealt with pressure and other people. 8 years without any scandals compared to scandals galore even before dude got to the white house. It's interesting when someone's biggest selling point is being a successful businessman yet they 6 bankruptcies and no one who has worked with him in the past has a kind word to say about the man. That's telling.

4. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

There are plenty people that don't see personal scandals asca problem as long as the politics are right (think Churchill) for them.

Many successful business people have plenty failed businesses.

Not a kind words to say? Opinion. Not yours, but I mean in general.

I frankly don't give a damn about the person's personal life (wiithin reason)as long they do what I want them to do in office. A car can look damn good and be a piece of crap (usually a Chevy)

The spending bill and his thin skinnned behavior is what I despise so far. Most other things, especially daca, I support him on.

P.s. like I said in my other post, if you can correct my grammar I would appreciate it. ImI working at a degree, and I will use forum posting to help me get better at writing on top of actual class work of course haha.

5. The Dark King

Good to see you getting a degree I fully support it.

Well here's the thing hes pretty much lied on every campaign promise that effects the lives of Americans in a positive way. And the area of finance is my profession and I'm telling you a failed business is one thing but multiple bankruptcies is another. What that means is you make bad business decisions to the point you can't pay back your creditors. Imagine if she were a welfare mom would consider her good with money if she defaulted on her credit cards six times?

6. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

If a welfare mom takes advantage of that then that makes her smart, to me. That's like using tax loop holes imo everyone should learn them and use them if they are available.

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Very inaccurate analogy Paniro, in TDK's scenario the welfare mom is exhibiting reckless and irresponsible behavior and then parasitically living off of the hard work of others. Tax loop holes are there (in theory) to drive behaviors that help stabilize and uplift the economy and the country, for example home ownership, starting your own business, having kids, hiring veterans, ect.

8. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

It was very loose, I admit that. I was Just trying to say regardless of the reason they are implemented a person took advantage to make things easier in themselves.

9. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I lean left, but I truly feel that the two cannot be compared. On so many things the former was flat out abused, disrespected and so on (by even Trump himself), and the current in short has made a mockery of the office, and folks simply look the other way. He definitely enjoys that privilege.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I still don't get how some think he's such a brilliant businessman.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"I can't pay my debts and I want the court to forgive me."

That's what someone is saying when they file bankruptcy. He said that not once or twice but 6 times.

Btw which Chevy's are you calling a piece of crap and why? Just curious, I don't drive one.

12. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

Just a Ford man lol nothing wrong with Chevy

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Typical mustang guy. Lmao

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Traded my Mercedes S class for a Chevy 2500 truck a couple years ago, that truck is the best most versatile vehicle I have ever owned, plus it runs on ethanol

15. K

K Well-Known Member

I think you would have been much better off to say something like, if a married woman finds herself alone with children and temporarily uses welfare/foodstamps/childcare so she is able to work and go to school and make things better for herself and her family. That's taking advantage of the programs as they were meant to be. Even if said woman were to have to file bk but then went on to make the most of the programs she temporarily used.

There were plenty of people who had to file bk, lost their jobs, homes, businesses etc and used the programs (loop holes and all) temporarily, to get back on their feet and improve their situation. There are others who set out to exploit the system/programs with the plan of overspending and being irresponsible with the end goal of bk.

I don't get how anyone can file bk 6 times (wow! did he really? I didn't know that!) and be considered a success. The thing that blows me away about that is that there are ways that he could have done the same thing and not been associated with it. So, he's not even smart enough to do that.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's some serious man machinery right there.

17. The Dark King

But then you're the same person who says everyone should pay something. I'm confused

18. The Dark King

That is white cis male privilege in a nutshell. Obama had to be damn near perfect and this guy rolls out out of bed with zero experience and the experience is suppose to have is bogus and they get the same exact job

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Obama couldn't have been a presidential candidate with 6 prior bankruptcies.
    It's funny how that was glossed over by the media about Trump, when in reality all those bankruptcies scream, "Incompetence."

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The MSM is about ratings and "both sides"-ism, not the truth. Neither Trump nor St. Bernie were vetted while Obama wore a tan suit and Whitey lost his gotdamn mind