Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah it's becoming increasingly obvious with all these white artist who haven't even been mention by metoo and other feminist groups and the mainstream media out there. The hashtag has mentioned way more white men that they all seem to have "missed."

David Bowie slept with girls younger.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

R Kelly being accused of spreading it was the icing on the cake. As far as the actors tons of the hot chicks have it. The worse tree is the one from David Justice. Don't even look to see how many he infected unless you're ready for a wtf eye opener.

The crazy thing about herpes is I don't think it can be tested unless there is an outbreak. So some chick may show you clean papers but what does that mean really? Say what you want about marriage, I've had my fun, still do, but for a chick that's not crazy and is clean, I'm not going to blow it off. It's less risky and I enjoy being disease free.

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

That’s because for the longest time girls/women always had to be sweet, non-offensive, accommodating the bullshit of the men in their lives. You couldn’t say your opinion, talkless of expressing anger or else you aren’t feminine ...”nobody’s ever going to marry you, you are too pushy...”. Girls had to look pretty and presentable and keep their mouths shut.
    I see this poem not intended against boys but against girls, it’s pure expression of patriarchy. Boys=active, decisive, strong...girls=sweet, non-offensive, subdued. Classic idea of gender roles.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Very interesting take, however that's your take as an adult. How would a child process this being that they are the ones that read nursery rhymes? As a child my mind was blown. I couldn't believe an adult would be so offensive to a child because of their sex. To add to that, one of my kindergarten teachers hated me. She lied on me every chance she got. In retrospect its because I had the attention of the girls in the class. (Yes she was that petty). A lot of them even came to my birthday party.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Here is another artist that came to my mind only because going back in time, I remember being in Oz in the elevator with DMC and she came on because she was staying at the same Hotel as him. Her name is Mandy Smith and she was in the press because of her man..(she was breathtakingly stunning IRL btw).

She had just married the Rolling Stones Bill Wyman..

[​IMG]
    "..The bassist... suffice to say... never generated as many headlines for his mastery of the bass as he did when the 52-year-old Wyman married 18-year old Mandy Smith on June 2, 1989."

'It was kept from the press and strangers, of course," Smith said in a 2010 interview. "For the first couple of years, I had to lie. If we were out in a club, I'd have to say I was doing a secretarial course. When it actually came out, I was 16, so I suppose it wasn't as bad. Although it was still bad. All hell broke loose."

[​IMG]

It was reportedly at London's Lyceum Ballroom where Wyman first laid eyes on Smith. She was 13 years old at the time; Wyman was 47.
    Wyman said that Smith made him feel as though he had been "whacked over the head with a hammer."

He helped her find work as a professional model, and the pair began spending more time together, which led to dating. Despite the obvious age difference and Wyman's reputation as being a serial womanizer, Smith's mother reportedly supported the relationship.

The couple kept their relationship a secret for two-and-a-half years before making it official in a civil ceremony, then going on Terry Wogan's television show shortly afterward.

6. Madeleine

That was probably the wrong poem for that age group. That’s why curricula have to be reviewed every now and then. Some things need to be thrown out. There are a few very racist sounding nursery rhymes/songs in German they used to sing but are banished nowadays because they are no longer appropriate.
    Unfortunately the school system nowadays favours girls a lot of times (especially in the lower grades). Some (female) teachers aren’t prepared to deal with the behaviour of little boys. Yours should have obviously never been one in the first place.
    Reading stuff from previous centuries also used to leave me baffled at the level of blatant sexism against women. At least it’s not so blatant any more nowadays, at least in the Western world.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Herpes just requires a blood test. So it can be tested. The problem is that diseases like those can be asymptomatic, meaning that people don’t have symptoms or they are so mild they go unnoticed. That is why it is important to get tested regularly if you are sexually active.

In regards to “showing papers”. I’ve never relied on that. I go specifically off of the doctor. I am there when she gets tested and I am there when she gets the results. So, I avoid such diseases. Lately, I’ve been celibate as I do not wish to take any chances with the tinder recklessness or this metoo b.s.

Either way, I’m happy being free of disease and aim to stay that way. Consistent check ups are a good thing if you are sexually active or not.

Also, I’m regards to marriage. I agree, it is less risky sticking to one person. But, there are still risks of infidelity, that can often end with an sti. The reality is that the only way to avoid STI, divorce (aka losing everything), and the emotional trauma that can come from such things is to abstain. I don’t believe that is an option for most, so most people are rolling the dice whether they care to admit it or not.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Only a blood test? Why didn't they test us in the military or did they?

9. meowkittenmeow

They can test and do test in the military. However, they only test you for hep and hiv when you join. Herpes isn’t considered to be something that affects battle readiness or mission completion. So, it is a test you can ask for and they encourage it once you get to your unit. But, it isn’t considered to be a something that affects unit readiness. I think TB was another one they tested for as well. But, that’s it.

I think hep and TB is for deployments, I remember getting tested before I went to Korea. So, my suggestion is to get you and your partner tested just to know your status. In the unlikely event that you get cheated on in a marriage, if she gives you and Incurable STI, you can sue in civil court in most states. Not saying it will happen and I am sure you found love and happiness, but it never hurts to know your status.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

They pulling MJ's music from radio stations & they're even pulling MJ episode of "The Simpsons" from rotation:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Emmanuel Lewis to this day said nothing.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Loyalty >>>>>> Love

Yeah you make a good point for people to have a record of their status just in case. That I will do.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

14. meowkittenmeow

I recently stopped believing in love. I believe it is a mixture of chemical reactions and biological imperatives. As far as loyalty, at least in my humble opinion, most people are only as loyal as their options.

But, I understand your thought process and used to maintain a similar one.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think women value stability as far as being with one person they can count on after a certain age, but every rule has an exception. If I get cheated on I'll just move on.

As far as love. I love family members so I know it's real, but I don't really need it from anyone else. With a wife, I can take or leave it.

16. meowkittenmeow

In regards to stability, I normally find that mindset in women in their late 30s and up.

In regards to family, I think that “idea of love” is learned behavior that is influenced by societal norms. Lol, I think our opinions differ greatly. But I respect your opinions.

17. Madeleine

As far as I know genital herpes shows clinical symptoms upon primary infection. After that the person is a carrier with or without further symptoms. So if you’ve never had Herpes ever you’re probably neg. But of course you can check to be sure.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah the only thing that separates us from animals is language and culture so I agree. It just doesn't diminish the idea in my mind.

19. Madeleine

Agreed.

That „feeling“ isn’t there all the time. Though women do want to be loved but they did a study that said more than 90% of men prefer respect>love from their wife.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"Learned behavior" is powerful. Its part of evolution.