The future is woman!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Paniro188, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

First time it happened to me was in college, my girlfriend (blonde) and her two blonde roomates went out to a party, being a non-drinker, I was the designated driver, I was driving her car a nice BMW (her mom spoiled her rotten, one of the reasons we broke up, too entitled) on the way home after the three of them had drinks at the party. Picture me with three blondes at various stages of being tipsy, in a convertible BMW at 2 AM driving home on the freeway, not one but TWO squad cars pulled me over at the same time, immediately took me out of the car (separating us so we could not talk) talked to the girls first, then when my girlfriend verified that she was indeed with me, they proceeded to make me do the sobriety tests, not once but twice on the side of the road, you could see that they wanted something, ANYTHING that they could pin on me, but they had to let me go, I was not amused but kept my cool.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah they did that to me too. Separated us and asked them if they were ok and if they were there of their own free will. Now that I think of it two of the girls were foreigners and those are the two they spent the most time on.
    I remember one of them was a nanny in Greenwich and one of her friends had been out and came over to our place to sleep off being drunk. After awhile she wanted to go home to her bed. My girl drove her car and I followed. Not even three minutes in Greenwich before I was pulled over. My girl noticed and stopped. She got out of the car and told the officers I was with them. And they proceeded to ask "are you sure, you're safe you can tell us the truth" poor girl had to explain so much and nothing we did was wrong. We were both sober, followed the speed limit within 2 miles and that shit didn't matter. Grilled us for about 20 minutes before letting us go on our way.

3. The Dark King

lol yeah and I gotta say that Swedish girl was only second to my current woman in terms of how I was treated. Beautiful inside out just too young to appreciate it at the time. She's the one who shifted my focus from law to accounting. If not for that I would have never got into Bitcoin. Woman totally changed my life.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You were going to go into law? They deal with people a lot more than I would ever want to. The thought of it is like chewing on razor blades.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. The Dark King

I was a poli sci major and that was the usual route. Also my parents are immigrants so its either engineering, medicine, or law. It's pretty much all anyone in my family does. Me becoming an accountant was considered rebelling believe it or not lol.
    I agree with you on dealing with people, that shit is rough but seeing how the economy is going that will be the skill set that will open up a lot of opportunities in the future.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm all about opportunities to deal with less people......lol. The closer to zero the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

I used to think I was that way and now I'm starting to talk and deal with people more and more. I like it.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like people outside of work. At work small close knit teams are fine, as long as I don't have to talk to non tech people. Its just that I'm a logic guy and my passion is machines and systems, not people. I'm fine with being a leader but give the management position to someone else, it sucks.

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Ahhh, that’s why...! :)
    Was my major as well, with law and intercultural communication as minors. Would be really difficult to get from political science to accounting in our system though. It’s so rigid over here, once you have started in a certain direction you have to follow it till eternity or start all over again.

10. Madeleine

Lol...I used to work in HR... the people were way too much.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Was college free when you were going?

12. Madeleine

They introduced a small fee when I was halfway through but laughable compared to fees over there. It’s free again in my state now. Doesn’t apply to most postgrad degrees though.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In other words heavily subsidized. TDK actually wants free college over here and wasn't willing to listen when I told him there would be some tradeoffs to go along with it. I said repeatedly that "there is no free lunch in economics." Go back in time and make it free TDK gets stuck in law dealing with shit loads of people....lol

Maybe he and the others who wants that here are actually reading your post.

Boba where you at?

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I bet...lol.

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Love TDK but he on that pie-in-the-sky don't-ask-me-how-to-pay-for-it magical thinking Bernie shit

16. The Dark King

That's not true I've said several times a fair tax code and cutting military spending by 10 percent could pay for all of this easily

17. K

K Well-Known Member

What do you think of the new tax plan?

18. The Dark King

Its going to hurt a lot of lower income people in the short term and everyone who isn't wealthy in the long term

19. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the "Christmas gift" won't have everyone "winning"?:).