The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I dug X-Files but I loved Millennium ... till they cancelled it.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I know right

Chris carter never missed a beat

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

4. samson1701

Ugh ... The last two episodes of Arrow have been total garbage. So disappointing. I don't think the show runners can handle Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and possibly Teen Titans all at once. Quality is going down hill rapidly on Arrow.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What do you think they could have done differently?

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Samson.......you have FAILED this city

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Darren McGavin also composed the show's theme song simply by whistling it because there was no theme song for it. McGavin whistled the tune and composer Gil Mele arranged it into a jazzy and sinister piece of music. I remember when the show first premiered on ABC. It also came on a Friday night but in primetime like The X-Files did on Fox.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I never watched Millennium. But I love Lance Henriksen(one of his earlier films was the Al Pacino classic Dog Day Afternoon in which he plays an FBI agent with Mathew Broderick's father). And his portrayal of the "artificial person" Bishop endeared me to him(as well as his portrayal of Charles Bishop Weyland in Alien Vs. Predator and the detective in The Terminator).

9. samson1701

Oliver takes a sword straight through the his body, then falls possibly hundreds of feet only to land on a rock or solid ice ledge and lives. Come on. That just doesn't work. Introducing the concept of The Lazerus Pit would have worked a whole lot better story-wise.

Then the whole thing with Laurel from the previous episode. Yes, it was good that they showed she is in way over head and has a lot to learn. That worked. But, if she is so out of her depth, and team Arrow knows it, why would they let her go out on a critical mission like saving the alderman or take on Brick's men and leave their best asset, Diggle at HQ to monitor? That's just sloppy writing.

What would have worked better is if she had been left at Arrow HQ to monitor, saw what was happening in the field, then decided to go and help out only to make things worse because of her lack of training and experience.

Also, that whole side story about Det. Lance not being able to be told about Black Canary's death because of his heart. Really? 'Cause that will make the news that much easier when he finds out months later. The guy has been in gun fights and physical altercations with super villains since his heart problems surfaced. I think he can handle the news of his daughter's death. Besides, that's just cruel to keep him in the dark when everyone else knows.

Finally, Thea was able to deduce Roy is Arsenal. Detective Lance was able to deduce that Roy is Arsenal. But, neither (especially Thea) can't figure out that Ollie is the Arrow? Come DFO!

I'm a life long comic book fan. I love Scifi and Fantasy films above all others. But, the writing and direction has to make sense and not be sloppy.

BTW, I'm not so sure about Brick beating a young Wildcat (in his prime) that easily. But, I can live with it.

[​IMG]

My message to The Arrow show runners:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wish I had given Millennium the attention it deserved. I might try to locate some series DVDs and check it out. I always like Lance Henriksen's work.

12. samson1701

If you like Lance's work then Millennium is a must see.

13. orejon4

Thanks for the heads-up.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Just bought the millennium complete box set...now I'm broke

Can someone set me up a gofundme?

15. orejon4

:cool:
    Damn, how far did it set you back?

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Only 46 bucks for all 3 seasons on amazon.....I'm just a shit stirrer :D

It's actually like 25 per season.....so I ended up saving on the complete edition

The xfiles complete set is like 200 plus so thank god for prime instant video

17. orejon4

Truer words have never been spoken. And as for X-Files, thank god also for syndication, lol.

[​IMG]

18. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]RYUM7h4SVsA[/YOUTUBE]

god wish I could go back to those days.
    love this but makes me feel old.
    I'm still chasing a broken promise....

Don't fear Failure....

wise words

19. orejon4

I love how manga have such intense dramatic story arcs.

20. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

The Golden Age of Cartoon Network.