Toni Harris: the 1st female to receive a scholarship to play CFB & she also has NFL aspirations

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock telling no lies:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is one of those "feel good" stories that's going to feel really bad when she gets folded in half playing against grown ass men. There are some sports that women may someday compete against men in, but it ain't gonna be football.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I would not want to stop the young woman from dreaming, to see her make it this far is awesome. That being said, EVERYONE gets hurt at some point playing football, I hope she will not be hurt too badly and finds another passion before something tragic happens

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't begrudge anyone of their dreams and I'm not counting out this girls heart and skills. However, just like Jason Whitlock eluded to, the hoopla for this story is a social-political stunt.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I feel bad for her, but with today's political climate this was inevitable.

6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

She si going to be killed on the field, but before she gets killed on the field, the men will declare war against her because she takes all their groupies away from them.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Why feel bad for her? She's signing up for it. Unlike Loki above, I hope she gets knocked around a bit

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I just want this to be a great year case why women can't do everything men can do. This is a total publicity stunt. No man would be a walk on with her stats let alone win a scholarship

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The only time she's going to 'play' is during practice. I doubt she ever sees any real time during a game.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

?? lol. ok
    It's a given that she will be knocked around. She could easily be paralyzed or killed. I'm not overly concerned, seen this coming. Maybe you're right. All people seem to understand is pain.

I just feel bad for her because she is being used for a dumb cause.

What do feminist really want? Maybe we should give them a state and let them have all the jobs for experiment. Let them fix all of the streets, buildings, cars, do plumbing and electric, put out all of the fires. I would love to see that actually. Let any guy that move there become a house husband and just change pampers and smoke weed all day. lol

11. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

It was a joke.

12. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

My question is, will she join #MeToo when see's men undressing in front of her in the locker room, and gets beaten up on the football field, and her butt smacked for doing a good job?

13. RicardoCooper

She'll be in a full body cast including her jaw, so no

14. The Dark King

She's a bigot I have no interest in that weird woman.

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Harsh, very harsh, as I said, she WILL get knocked around, everyone does, I just hope there is not a "Darrly Stingley" type tragedy for her to get the message she should not be out there with men, even at the NAIA level.

16. The Dark King

Agreed but unfortunately she's gonna learn the hard way

17. RicardoCooper

These ladies want to step in the arena, they get what they get far as I'm concerned

She gone learn today!

18. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Good for her but she's gonna get rocked to sleep on that field. Might walk off that field like the hell with this.

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Maybe not. Could be a “Rudy” situation?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Her playing safety and in the secondary could save her from because Safeties don't seem to see a lot of the physical action against those big backs and Tight Ends. She'll be meeting those small slot receivers across the middle. She'll probably struggle from a size disadvantage when those big receivers go deep. She's 5-foot-5, 135 pounds! That is too small to be watching those big receivers.