Updated Pic Of Al & Alisha Joyner

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Jul 1, 2011.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

2. FCA1975

FCA1975 New Member

That's a great picture. Really artistic with the sun shining between them.

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Morning Star

Overview of their Romance...

A Rush Of Emotion

The words “romantic” and “sensitive” may not always come to mind to describe an Olympic athlete, but when Alisha Biehn met gold medallist Alfrederick “Al” Joyner, a romantic and sensitive soul mate is exactly what she found.

Alisha and Al were introduced by a mutual friend on June 27, 2002, and experienced an instant bond right when they met. In fact, the expressive pair ended up spending five hours talking in a parking lot at that first meeting. After a whirlwind courtship, Al proposed the following November, choosing the same parking lot for its sentimental value. After an engagement of seven months, the two were married on June 28th, 2003, just a year and a day after the day they first met. Also for sentimental reasons, the couple chose to hold their wedding at the site of their first date, the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort & Spa.

As the bride and groom became husband and wife, the emotional ceremony certainly achieved their goal of allowing all of their guests to feel their love for each other throughout the entire wedding. Alisha takes pride in the fact that Al has no trouble expressing his romantic side, and their hand-written vows to each other were certainly a testament to that. The couple feels so fortunate to have found each other, and wanted to share those emotions with their friends and family, which is why there wasn’t a dry eye in the house during the ceremony. One of the most touching moments was when the couple presented Al’s daughter, Mary, with a gold heart-shaped locket uniting them as a family.

In lieu of a specific theme for the wedding, Al and Alisha planned everything around a very bright, tropical color scheme without a trace of neutrals or pastels. The floral arrangements were very vibrant, using orchids as the main flower. The centerpieces were square shaped vases in various sizes, filled with lush, tropical flowers such as dendro orchids, delphinium, mini calla lilies, freesia, spray roses, tuberose, hydrangea and curly willow, all in shades of fuchsia, purple and pink. Even the bridesmaids complemented the tropical color scheme, adorned in dresses in an ombre of bright pinks and fuchsia tones.

One of the most unique elements of the event was the layout of the reception, which created a festive, open atmosphere conducive to an evening of dining and dancing. Because the St. Regis property is so gorgeous, the couple chose to hold the reception outdoors on the Grand Lawn rather than in a ballroom. They set up tables on one side of the lawn, and the stage and dance floor on the other. The tables were framed by a canopy that was swagged with sheer white fabric and tiny white twinkle lights and was uplit with different hues of pinks and purples, setting the whole area aglow with magical light. The abundant flowers, along with tons of scented candles, created an incredible fragrance throughout the setting. On the opposite side of the lawn, firepits and sitting areas were set up around the dance floor. All of the guests, and even the St. Regis staff, remarked that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever seen.

In lieu of a conventional First Dance, Al and Alisha enacted the words to the song “Color of Love” by Boyz 2 Men, which ended up being one of the highlights of the whole event. As the song began, Al walked down the stairs to the reception area by himself, and sat down at the fountain with his head in his hands and looked sad and lonely. Friends and family joked that Alisha had already left her groom, but just as the lyrics say “then an angel, out of the blue…” Alisha met him at the fountain and they danced down the aisle together to the dance floor. Again, not the types to “hold back” the couple wowed their guests with their creativity and emotion, and created a very memorable moment!

When it was time for the ceremonial cake cutting, Al and Alisha treated their loved ones to decadent confections that were a step above the expected. The wedding cake was four tiers of Tahitian vanilla cake with raspberry filling and mixed berries. Each tier was filled with bright colored orchids, roses and mixed flowers as well as huge ripe strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Not to be missed was the witty groom’s cake, designed in honor of Al’s Olympic achievements, which was a rich creation of banana bread cake with chocolate filling that was in the shape of the Olympic rings with a replica gold medal and ribbon and the years 1984 – 2004. (Al won a gold medal in the triple jump in 1984 and will be going for the gold again at this summer’s 2004 Olympic games in Athens.)

With warm memories of their extraordinary wedding, the couple carried on their tropical mood by honeymooning at The Four Seasons in Bali.

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Sweet, beautiful pics. They're a great looking couple. :D

6. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

This is such a cute pic of them....

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Morning Star

In my opinion, this is one of best pictures showing what it means to love one another and how it can continue to retain itself.

9. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

LOL...

What about her? She can fuck it up too...lol

10. z

z Well-Known Member

Nice BBW,

She is TIGHT, I am sure even Freddy can agree to that!

11. Morning Star

Why would you need Frederick's approval? He's just another sheep in the herd of opinions.

12. z

z Well-Known Member

LoL, I don't, but you know he is very critical of the WW who get posted in here.

Anyhoo, is this Al the olympic star??? isn't he like 51?? the dude don't look his age at all!!! how old is his wife, she is gotta be a lot younger than him. What does she do for living?

13. Morning Star

He's a questionable person with imaginary tastes. Nothing more to add there.

As for the guy...yes...he was an Olympic star and he actually met his wife through a friend. I don't know what she does for a living. Maybe the old "homemaker" role still applies to all this.

14. ArmyRanger

ArmyRanger Member

This brotha has GOT to be the luckiest man ever. He's had TWO beautiful and caring women in his life.

I can remember when I first saw his first wife, FloJo, back in the late 80's, early 90's. She also was one of the finest sista's I'd ever seen in real life. I met her at a college track meet. She ended up being the fastest women on the planet back in the '88 Olympics, blew EVERYONE away. She shattered the world record. Al Joyner was her trainer and he was by her side pushing her to succeed the whole time. Now he has another wife who seems just as loving.

I guess some nice guys DO win, kudo's to the brotha. :prayer::prayer:

15. z

z Well-Known Member

Ah, she is a domestic engineer, nice. She def. able to make it up in looks dept. She looks like the quintessential buxom blonde blue eye midwestern gal. That brother is super lucky, apparently she is been married to him for 8 years and gave him 2 beautiful kids. Now this a legit IR I can support and march for!!! Not that broke down, over the hill, now that WM don't want me, I will settle down for a lonely young BM Kristie Alley crap, lol.

16. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

:smt023

Sweet pics, that is my style right there all day.

His wife is beautiful and sexy. :cool:

17. Morning Star

You have a way with words, TDR. And yes...this is very true. They've been together on the legitimate grounds of the L-Word that is Love.

Agreed! And no need to exploit their lives with a reality show either.

18. z

z Well-Known Member

TRUTH. Some ppl get all the breaks in the world. I say he is not just lucky, he is super blessed!!!!!

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

YES he is. she is a catch

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Why does it have to be him fucking up?

You have the self-esteem of a maggot.