Where have you traveled?Which languages do you speak?...

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

US (born and raised, lived on the east, west and Gulf coasts and a couple places in between.)

Spain (lived there 3 years)

Portugal (visited)

Languages spoken: English and Pig Latin. Also a few sentences in German and Spanish. Can sometimes decipher Amish (PA Dutch) swear words. :p

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous. Have a great time

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Co-siggle.

Beautiful86, you will both LOVE IT! Get out of Athens once you see the Parthenon, then HIT THE ISLANDS! :smt057

And blissy-speak :smt023

4. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Born in Ireland

Grew up here in the States

Spain 7 times including a semester in college

France

Portugal

Italy

UK

Ghana

Jamaica

Speak acceptable Spanish, understand some Italian and Portugese

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Ohmygosh! How did I forget that????!!! And that is such a specialized skill - only a few of us in the world that can understand Blissy-speak!! I'm honored to be one of them. :prayer:

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Love you too much! :freehug: My girl.... :partyman:

7. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Wow...some of you have traveled to so many places!

I have lived in Italy for about 3 1/2 years, and traveled to Rome

Visited...

Rota, Spain
    Halifax, Canada
    Germany
    Korea
    Hawaii
    St. Maarten

Speak (not well) Spanish and bits of Italian

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

We were stationed in Rota. Lived just outside the base (the other end) in Puerto de Santa Maria when we first moved there & then on base.

9. Cherok33

OMG Rota was freaking beautiful! All I remember is green, green grass, red clay rooftops on white stone houses, and the beautiful sandy beach w horses! Lucky you!

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You have better memories than me! We got there towards the end of a 7-year drought. There was no green! My son was an infant when we moved there, so we were a little base-bound. I loved the Moorish influence - the tiled courtyards.

11. Cherok33

yes, its definitely a beautiful country...what I saw of it. Too bad you missed the lushness while you were there. :(

12. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Wow, I need to learn from you guys. How do you guys find the time & money to travel to other countries?

13. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

Born and raised in the Netherlands. Lived in the UK for 2 yrs and the US for about a year.
    Been to most European countries(Austria is my favorite, Turkey my least fav). Egypt, Tunesia, Kenya, South Africa, Singapore, Mexico, Morocco, Qatar, Kuwait, Hong Kong and probably forgot some.

Languages: Dutch native, German the 2nd language I learned, English, French.
    Had Latin and ancient Greek lessons when I was 11-14yrs but I forgot most of that.

14. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

St. Maarten is great! Would love to go there on vacation again

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Cherj,you are a world traveller.

16. Cherok33

St. Maartin was gorgeous! Just the way I imagined island life to be! Would love to visit again! I remember when it rained, because I visited in the "winter time", everyone ran to take cover under the patio and drinks were free! Rain only lasted a good 5-10 minutes, and then the sun was back! I also remember the native were soooo friendly! Provided personal tours and bought our whole group drinks and meals. We ended up in some isolated club, away from all of the tourists. Had a blast!

17. william2382

william2382 New Member

Only North America. But once settled in new job I am stepping foot on every continent. I am learning spanish now...in a year...or two....I plan to learn french, then after that German....if my brain allows I want to learn Russian, Arabic, Chinese-Mandarin, Korean and Japenese

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ain't you a cop fam

19. william2382

william2382 New Member

yep...for now

20. WhiteDaffodil

WhiteDaffodil New Member

Some of you have remarkable travel resumes!

For me...

Moldova
    Belgium
    Canada
    Michigan
    New York City
    and New Hampshire.

NYC's been my favorite so far, would love to go to the Caribbean or California or Hawaii.

I speak Russian, Romanian, English, and bits of Ukrainian and French.