Whites See "Black" Americans as less competent than "African" Americans

Discussion in 'Getting Ahead: Careers, Finance and Productivity' started by VitaminRich, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

We are talking statistics, what are these records you speak of? Show them.
    Don't give me a different lip of the Govt watching a group closely - that's irrelevant to the conversation.

Don't even try to compare the poor of yesteryear to the poor of today. Poor families today receive an average of $63,000 in subsidies, after they meet the federal level of low-income. That includes housing, utilities phone and food.
    Every poor person has a cell phone. 99% have a TV. They have access to free computers, free breakfast and lunches and free home internet if a child is in school.

I can show you story after story after story of people killing people for their cell phones, cars, sneakers and backpacks and jackets. And it ain't cause they are cold.

Also....

The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau as taken from various government reports:

80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
    92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
    Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
    Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
    Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
    Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
    More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
    43 percent have Internet access.
    One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
    One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.

For decades, the living conditions of the poor have steadily improved. Consumer items that were luxuries or significant purchases for the middle class a few decades ago have become commonplace in poor households, partially because of the normal downward price trend that follows introduction of a new product.

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...d-states-surprising-facts-about-americas-poor

Are you poor if you have a flat-screen TV?

By Tami Luhby @CNNMoney August 13, 2012: 12:02 PM ET

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/01/news/economy/poor-income/

[​IMG]

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Oh boy.....

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm super poor. I don't even have a TV let alone flat screen tv.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'll respond to this in the morning because I don't want to leave it unchallenged just had a very long day and am not to googling and all the back and forth right now (signs of me getting old as fuck lol)

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Tell me then, do you feel a sudden urge to become a criminal?

I know I don't. And I'm po' too. I do have a TV though. :p

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Its all good, this thread isn't going anywhere. It is always "TBC" with us. Never a time limit on replies.

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Bliss, these numbers seem awfully off to me. An average of 63k????? I don't believe it for a second. If that were the case, poor people make way, way more money that the average paycheck holder and we wouldn't see the atrocious living conditions of many poor people. Something is off. And for 80% of poor people having air-conditioning, I call by!lshit on that as well logically, that can't be true. How was that counted? Again, something is off. Not even 80% of not poor people have air-conditioning. I looked up some stats but it doesn't make any sense. I'm curious to say the least about these stats. Its not a jump on you Bliss, I just can't consolidate the data. It just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The link got it from the census.

Also with the subsidies, factor in rent for a year... food for a year.... internet for a year, phone for a year, breakfast and lunch meals for a year....health insurance for a year, childcare costs for a year.... heat for a year, water for a year, gas for a year...electric for a year, free computer for the child... for a family....what do you think that would add up to for a CA family and/or NY family?

ps: I know you aren't jumping on me, we never go there like that, I appreciate your post. It's always a discussion with us.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The a/c part I believe. In Texas, they won't let you live in a house or apartment that doesn't have an A/C. I imagine similar is in California.

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thanks Bliss. I do appreciate that a lot! From what I understand, the way you qualify for this is a bit dubious ad considering that subsidized stuff is severely cut, in question how many qualify for all that I know way too many people that don't. In seriously question the majority in the projects getting all that. Like in said, I can't consolidate the stats in my head as if that were true, we wouldn't see the poverty levels we see and the average household income is 50k, they say. If all poor people got 63k is subsidiaries, we would not have the poverty we see. It makes no sense. Very confused about in the stats

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I had added this to my original post while you typed this so I will post it here...

Many middle-class Americans are dropping below the low-income threshold — roughly $45,000 a year for a family of four
    About 97.3 million Americans fall into a low-income category, commonly defined as those earning between 100 and 199 percent of the poverty level, based on a new supplemental measure by the Census Bureau that is designed to provide a fuller picture of poverty.

So earning $45,000 is considered BELOW low income for a family of four. Does that seem high?

------------------------

Well I do know in Philadelphia, rent is expensive near downtown now, our projects are gone, and real-estate is expensive, so landlords have to be compensated/subsidized. eg: Section 8.

I'm also not suggesting they get this in cash, its in the $ value of what the poor do not pay for out of pocket. Sorry, I might not have made that clear. Also, it's not $60g's for every poor person - it's for a family, that I did make clear, so yes, a family of 4 could reach $63,000 in subsidies, easy.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But then that's not 63k per poor person as the article suggested which sounds ridiculous. The only way I can see that number being true is if they add in the subsidies given to corporations and farmers.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I would think NYC in the summer too. All that sweltering heat.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I spent some time living in a project they closed down a few years ago

They said they did it because it was too old and expensive to maintain...the residents of the area were HAPPY to see it go, because they linked it to drugs and crime

Sad shit

One day it was up...next day that shit was demolished

And that downtown rent is high as fuck...I planned on moving into a building down there near market and city hall....then seen reviews detailing cockroaches and mice and well.....I'm not paying money for that

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ok, so back to the original point then....if 97.3 million Americans fall into a low-income category, are they suddenly committing crimes?

I do understand there are correlations to crime, but being "poor" ESPECIALLY today, doesn't explain our crime rates. Like I said, time to explore other possibilities...don't know why you won't open to that.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

High crime is because they're black, just say it

You know you wanna

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Roaches and mice... AND high rent? Sounds like a landlord collecting Govt rebates for some of his tenants, and not giving one fuck about the living conditions.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously I review everything before jumping in

I lived with roaches and mice while paying virtually nothing in the projects...why would I pay all this extra money for the same shit

Downtown is beautiful at night tho....that view from a high rise.......:smt007

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

What is the threshold for people to qualify for these subsidiaries? From what I understand, this is a tricky thing. I understood the per family but it still don't jive with what we see on the daily. I don't think the average income in LA , as expensive as it is comes up to that. I would like to know more about how these numbers are being made, stats are easily construed and I wish to know more about that

My sisters fiancee, living in my house earning a splendid 500 dollars a month dontnqualify for anything! No free insurance, no nothing. He tried so I question the stats. And what about our beloved Gritty? I bet she can dispute this too. She is going through hell. I can't believe how strong that woman is!

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Do you mean Britty? I'm sure in her State, she know the programs.

And what about your SF?... he earn $500 a month and gets nothing? BS! (not at you, just BS.) Is he a legal resident or is it a work visa? Either you earn too much for the "household" or he can declare himself a tenant and then qualify for a rent subsidy (paid to you), he also def qualifies for food stamps (regardless of your income though he will have to declare it to them what you make), once he does that, he can get a 'free' cell phone, he also qualifies for utility subsidies, healthcare subsidies... wow FG, who is he speaking to? He needs to go to the welfare office and talk to someone.

Also, if he is looking for another job, he is subsidized pretty much everything to do that... usually up to a $300 value, which including creating resumes, faxing, busfares, etc. Also free job training.