Why do black guys love timberland boots?

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by MistressB, Dec 21, 2005.

1. MistressB

MistressB New Member

Any answers?

2. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

I think white folks like timbs also,So I can't really say all black dudes like them I know a few that do wear them.

3. lainarain

lainarain New Member

MistressB,
    I am shocked to see this post from you! I see plenty of black men who do not wear Timberlands (or other hip hop clothing) and plenty of non-black men who do.

4. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

never owned or wear Timberland boots, i wear cowboy boots though. No hip hop gear here

5. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I do, but I know of many other men who don't, and white men who do.

I don't think she means any harm though.

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

I see a few brothas wearing Tims during winter but most of the time we wear Nike's, Reebok's, Addidas (sometime), K-Swiss etc. w/most everyone either wearing old-school high tops & low tops (old school for me would be anything before 1990) or casual white shoes that match with anything....but this is really talking about young fellas who are either at school or out on the town

7. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

i wear business shoes to work, wing tips mostly

on the weekend, i wear L L Bean Duck Boots or rain shoes, cowboy boots, boat shoes from Sperry, white or tan bucks for summer garden parties, wingtips for church on sunday, loafers or hiking boots, tennis shoes for tennis, running shoes for running and golf shoes

8. MistressB

MistressB New Member

I guess that's my answer. It wasn't meant to be a racial slur, just that every black guy I've dated owns many pairs (and the same goes for their friends) but none of my white exes have done. This is probably more of a reflection of the type of men I pick rather than anything else though :lol: no offence meant! I think they look nice, was thinking of getting the girly pink ones for myself.

9. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

its cool, nothing wrong with them i am sure--just different fashions for different people right? :D

10. MistressB

MistressB New Member

Perzackerly...I'm a student and my fella isn't a professional either, so we're bound to look more casual than your average adult!

11. Iffy'swifey

Iffy'swifey New Member

Most of the black man I see in here Norwich (and that's not many!) seem to be wearing chav white trainers. My man has a pair of tan Timberlands though, and I must say I like the look of the pink ones, I love pink, but big chunky footwear isn't my bag baby.

12. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

exactly mistress, tis true tis true for the most part

13. lainarain

lainarain New Member

I agree that she probably meant no harm. I just thought that it was interesting coming from her.

Sorry, MistressB if I appeared to be offended, just surprised.

14. PeyBackTime8818

PeyBackTime8818 New Member

Im not sure where you live MistressB but up here in NYC where im at its the same way. Black guys without Tims (thats what we call Timberland boots) is like a bird without wings. Every black guy has them. Its a must in the fashion department. Maybe it is a urban thing or a big city thing or NY thing. I dunno. I have one but I hardly wear them. My older brother has millions of all styles and colors. He made me get the one pair that I have YEARS ago back when he was real controlling and felt I needed to "dress more black". I can understand if its not as big a trend for black men in other areas though. They are mostly for winter wear so someone might look silly wearing snow boots in Texas or Cali LOL.

15. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

i live just an hour or so south of NYC, and many bm wear tims, but not all! there are different types of black men, and some are more professional and never wear them, some are older and never wear them. I live in a big city too and lived in New York for 10 years and never owned a pair nor did black male friends of mine--so its a style for some but not all

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I don't see very many BM wearing Tims in California. If anything, I see more non-black men wearing Tims. But for the most part, out here, the weather is always soo sunny and warm(in Southern Cal, at least) that there's really no need for those. I could see them being more popular far up North like Chicago, NYC, Philly(because of the snow). In California, it's all about rare Nikes, basketball shoes, or something like retro Adidas, Asics, Puma, or better yet "Hollywood Fashion" styles.

17. Katie

Katie New Member

Here in UK, you cannot say one race loves them over the other. But BM here are very different from US to a great extent.

18. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

I am sure we are different than the bm in the UK in many respects.

why cant you say that you prefer one type of man over another in the UK?

19. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I dont think Tims have got a thing to do with race. Im from New York City and when i lived there, almost everybody- male and female alike, race aside- had them. I had something around the number of 18 pairs in a year. It was a must to possess at least one pair.

However, in some other cities in the US i've lived in like Baltimore, Los Angeles and Miami, people dont wear them as much. I think its an East Coast and Midwest thing. Maybe because of the weather.

20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

I even see BM wearing flip-flops/sandals (I can't believe it) and oddly enough usually the ones that do are prone to date IR........I personally don't wear flip-flops/sandals and unless it is a BM who plays sports and is giving is feet some air then we tend not to wear them.....maybe I'm wrong but in a place like Dallas where the summer temps can be 100 F with high humidity for many weeks consecutively you'd expect more BM in open air shoes