Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

And as far as black men are concerned how has it gotten much better? None of them wield any power or influence. None get any of the "badass" things to do ala any macho white male characters. The preacher was white in the comics and I wished they kept him that way because on this show he is annoying, frightened man who keeps making bad decisions. Tyreese is thoroughly emasculated. The alpha male lady's man of the comic has been replaced by this soft, bewildered pussy who has taken to his role as nanny because he is too chickenshit to go out and fight zombies. His sister, who wasn't even in the original comics, gets to have the testicles that Tyresse gave up after birth apparently. It would be one thing if this guy's more measured ideas and opinions wold show some fruition but , no, the writers must make sure that Rick's ideas are the best. The actor who plays the military-like redhead even made fun of the Tyresse character when he was on "The Talking Dead" as he CORRECTLY pointed out that Tyreese was playing some dumb courting game with Karen last season even though they were living in a world with little guarantee of a tomorrow. Dude belittled Tyreese's manhood and he was spot on. The white TV writers made him another black guy who wasn't getting any. And as highly as I think of the actor based upon his work in "The Wire", he has now become an embarrassing fatty. I guess his character has no trouble finding food. Get rid of him.

Noah shows some promise but his biggest asset to me was the possibility that maybe he would end up with Beth. Well, that ain't happening.

Don't know waht to make or Morgan yet but I'm not getting my hopes up. You know in the comic books the much sexier Michonne got it on with both Tyreese and Morgan. Crazy. The TV version has issues with black sexuality it would appear.

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I really didn't care for beth. I liked it when she was gone. I definitely didn't want Noah with Beth. She would eventually get him killed.

I think the writers are just sensitive with tyresse. They don't want to present the stereotype of an agry black man to a majority White audience. I'd like to also point out other than maggie and glen and army dude with army gal, No one is getting any. Bob might have gotten some. Rick no. Daryl no. only army guy was the only one on full display and that was creepy. He had an audience.

I agree that Noah has potential. He is new. However, I'm not sure if he will be upgraded to full cast.

3. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I was quite upset by Beth's demise, never realised I liked her till she had a bullet through the head.

The Hospital plot was a bit shit though imo, when Beth was whisked off at the cemetery I though it was a bunch of god bother-rer's because of the cross on the car's back window.
    (that could have been interesting, crazy Jesus loving survivors)

Terminus # Shite!

The getting there was interesting but the finale is meant to be better :smt018

Hospital # shite

Even the getting there wasn't interesting this time.

I hate the Priest, god awful character or actor, even if he has a screw loose it's not a very interesting shiny screw.

Darryl has lost his grit, ever since he was with the loony male group it's not been upto much.

Carl I used to find extremely irritating, that is no longer, Michonne and himself are pretty much the only sensible 2 in the bunch right now.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The priest is just plain annoying at this point. There's no way a dude like that should have survived for so long

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Seriously. That dude has cried more times than all the others combined, he can't protect anyone from anything, he brings no value to the team, yet he's survived this long and now he's their burden? I swear if another good character dies before he does I'll protest lol.

6. The Dark King

It's like they purposely write these black male characters with absolutely no balls. Shit even the women are more bad ass. I'll take Carol and Michone any day of the week over those lames.

7. archangel

That's what makes him so interesting. How the heck has he survived for so long. Rick wanted to know. I want to know. I know he betrayed people but they need to explain more.

8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I never buy into that "they don't want to stereotype Tyreese" argument because it comes across as an excuse for why they have decided to not make him an alpha male. The tradeoff for not making him angry is making him timid? By the way the Tyreese of the comic book was not angry. He was strong, masculine, decisive, opinionated, forceful, confident and badass. Those are the traits the writers gave Shane (who didn't last as long in the comic books) and Darryl (who doesn't exist in the comic books at all). Don't give those traits to a black guy, give them to the white guys only.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Sunday....

[YOUTUBE]Pv4-F6Q-1FQ[/YOUTUBE]

10. archangel

I don't get this midseason break. I don't remember midseason breaks back in the day.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They do it for the show/shows that don't run on the normal network September-May TV season because they know most people probably won't be watching TV during the November through late January time frame due to holiday activities plus the Super Bowl occupy peoples time. All about keeping those ratings with maximum viewers.

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I never knew the reason, but it makes perfect sense. I remember SOA skipped a week (Thanksgiving, I think) before wrapping up.

13. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Too good to be true.... Weaklings.

14. archangel

well that was the season finale... disappointing

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Amc just got added to playstation vue over the weekend...first thing I did was DVR the walking dead marathon

:eek:

Now if only I could auto skip these commercials

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And what did you expect to happen? Big zombie massacre? Rick and the gang going postal on the whole town? What would have been your pay off as finale writer?

17. The Dark King

Damn you're hard to please I thought it was really good. My only issue is Morgan's hair. How does dude have a tight cut and shape up in the apocalypse lol

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And now we'll be able to get a zombie fix in the summer with the Fear the Walking Dead series.

19. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I thought it was awesome. Exceeded my expectations, which is good cause the last couple episodes were :smt015

That looked pretty good I thought. Plus it's in LA, how could they go wrong :cool:

20. The Dark King

You thought the Noah episode was boring?