Favorite Movies Lines

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, May 6, 2013.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Hes a gotdamn racist obviously

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Bernsen's character was, not Bernsen. The character was a composite of David Duke and Tom Metzger. Both involved in the white supremacy movement, as everyone knows.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

hilarioussssssss!

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Haha, that's awesome! The lines you pick, so many are classic reads.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol at the refried beans

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Rising Sun (1993)

John Connor-"When you start to get into trouble, I will say, 'Perhaps I can be of assistance?' From then on, I do all the talking. You stand behind me. And don't appear distracted. We may come from a fragmented, MTV rap video culture, but they do not. Every aspect of your appearance and behavior will reflect on you, the Department, and me as your sempai."
    Web Smith-"My sempai?"
    John Connor-"Mm."
    Web Smith-"That wouldn't be massa', would it?"
    John Connor-"No. The sempai is the senior man who guides the junior man, the kohai. In Japan, the sempai-kohai relationship is presumed to exist when the younger man and the older man work together. Hopefully, they will presume that of us."

Phillips-"The honeys are out tonight. Let me use the gizmo.(Phillips spots an attractive black woman among the party guests)Yeah. She's a nice one."
    Web Smith-"Not so nice. She's my ex-wife."
    Phillips-"Oh, sorry, man."
    Web Smith-"Don't be. She's a lawyer."
    Phillips- "Must be nice to fuck a lawyer, instead of always being fucked by one."

Bob Richmond-"Hey! Hey, you! Quit loafing! Get the senator's car! What do you think we're doing?!"
    Web Smith-"No, you get the senator's car! Wrong guy, wrong fucking century! Penguin looking motherfucker!"

Cop-"Hey, Graham, you want some sushi?
    Tom Graham-"No thanks. If I get a craving for mercury, I'll eat a thermometer."

Julia-"Are you Cheryl's backdoor man?"
    Web Smith-"What if I am?"
    Julia-"If you are, I've heard of you. You better watch out cuz' Eddie, he's the real jealous type. They don't call him Crazy Eddie for nothin'."
    Web Smith-"Well, I'm pretty tough."
    Julia-"Well, tough as you may be; if Eddie finds out, you're gonna be cryin.'"

John Connor-"The Japanese have a saying, "Fix the problem, not the blame." Find out what's fucked up and fix it. Nobody gets blamed. We're always after who fucked up. Their way is better."

John Connor-"They say if you resort to violence, then you've already lost."

John Connor-"We're playing that most American of games."
    Web Smith-"Which is what?"
    John Connor-"Catch-up."

Web Smith-"Where are you from, "sempai"? Scotland Yard?"
    John Connor-"Scotland Backyard."

Web Smith-"Tough neighborhoods are America's last advantage."

Neighborhood Tough-"May I see your pink slip?"
    Eddie Sakamura's guy-"Why pink slip?"
    Neighborhood Tough-"I was led to believe this car would be for sale...soon."

Jingo Asakuma-"Always leave the cage door open so that the bird may return."

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Haha I do remember the 'get the car' line

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That was one of many classic scenes in Rising Sun.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I laugh every time

I also crack up when snipes' character is seduced by one of those prostitutes they interview in that flophouse

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Especially when Sean Connery says, "Or slow us down. She sure slowed you down."

Funny. Michael Crighton was not happy that Web Smith was portrayed by a black man. I had heard an audiobook of Rising Sun and Web Smith was white. And the fight scene(which was not there) and the reveal of the killer was different. It was Ishihara who drowns in the wet cement not Bob Richmond.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Smdh

As if you needed more proof that it's hard for blacks to get roles in major movies

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Remember, Wesley Snipes, after making America aware of his presence in New Jack City and Passenger 57, he was on his way up in films like Boiling Point. Passenger 57 and Rising Sun helped showed his fighting skills in Capoeira which led to Blade.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I felt like blade was sort of his down fall. I can't rememeber a movie with him in it since the blade trilogy. maybe it was his taxes who knows.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I disagree. It was a film Snipes did called Drop Zone. Now that film was bad. The sky diving sequences were the only thing that was good in it. I met an extra who played the bartender in the film and she told me that the film was terrible. Blade: Trinity was the weakest of the trilogy, though it had Jessica Biel as Whistler's daughter.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

2 Guns

Earl-"You're a drug dealer and I'm still the government of the United States. It's a free market, Manny. Not a free world."

Bobby-"You never heard the saying, 'never rob a bank across from a diner with the best donuts in three counties'?"

Admiral Tuwey-" When the hand has gangrene, you chop it off to save the body. You don't keep the pinky around just because it "meant well.""

Earl-(holding guns on DEA commander)"Your man Bobby Trench stole $43 million of our dollars. We'd like it back. Because it's our money. Because it's a blatant act of disrespect. And because it's our money."

(Last lines)

Stig-"You know, for a guy who just blew up $43 million, all of a sudden you are a very generous tipper."
    Bobby-"Who said I blew up $43 million?"
    Stig-"What 'are' you saying?"
    Bobby-"I'm not saying anything. What are you hearing?"
    Stig-"I'm hearing something. You're saying something."
    Bobby-"Well, if you're hearing it, it's only because you're hearing it, not 'cause I'm saying it."
    Stig-"How much did you keep? Two million?"
    Bobby-"Oh. So now you get half?"
    Stig-"I shot half the guys."
    Bobby-"So?"
    Stig-"Two million?"
    Bobby winks.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Vampire Hunter D (1985)

Count Magnus Lee-"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Count Magnus Lee, at your service. And since you seem fit to take it upon yourself to trespass into my domain, I must ask for payment!"

D-"What's your name?"
    Doris Lang-"My name is Doris Lang. Do you think you'll be able to help me? Don't worry, I can pay for it. I don't have much in the way of money, but I'll give you three meals a day and you can sleep with me if you want to."
    D-"So when did the vampire bite you?"
    Doris Lang-"You ARE a Vampire Hunter! I knew it! Please, won't you help me?"

D's Left Hand-"Be honest with yourself. Do you think that your high and mighty code of honor kept you from responding to a young girl's desire? Ha! And you have the nerve to call yourself a dampiel and claimed that your father is none other than..."
    D-"That's enough!"
    D's Left Hand-"So, hit a nerve, did I?"

Rei Ginsei-"I am Rei Ginsei, vampire hunter and killing men like you is my greatest pleasure. Prepare to die!"

D-"I was once told of a mutant that can twist space around him, and now it seems I have met him."

Count Magnus Lee-"I've lived for almost ten thousand years. Believe me you have no idea what that means; boredom. Everlasting and hideous boredom. A never ending search for ways to pass the time...and mating with a human female is one of the few I enjoy. Eventually they become tiresome. For in spite of their vitality, they are fundamentally stupid creatures who couldn't survive without the nobility to rule them. Perhaps now you'll understand my wanting to have some fun every thousand years or so?"

Rei Ginsei-"An eye for and eye(looks at D's left hand and his own left hand that was severed by D and cuts D's hand it off at the wrist). And A hand for a hand."

D-"You and your kind do not belong among the living. You are nothing but visitors from the past. Shadows from the world of darkness."
    Count Magnus Lee-"World of darkness?"
    D-"You and your kind should go back to where you belong! Back to the abyss...of oblivion!"

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

D-"I am here for the young woman."
    Meier Link-" I wouldn't recommend it, dunpeal. Taking on a vampire at night is a mission for morons and fools. Which are you? She is here by her own choice, dunpeal. So unless you're the kind of man who would take a woman against her will for the money...and I'm sure it's a lot...I suggest you save your sorry ass now and leave us to travel in peace."
    D-"I would if I could believe you, Meier. Your credibility however is less than impeccable under the circumstances. You kidnapped the girl."

D's Left hand-"I don't know about you, but man I sure miss that horse. What was his name?(D doesn't respond)Oh, oh, the silent treatment, huh? Well I got two words for you; Heat Syndrome. Look. Look, I know I am a parasite, but haven't I been a helpful parasite? Now you may not care if you die from heat, but becoming a piece of beef jerky is not a lifelong ambition of mine!(still no response from D)(Resigned)Yeah, well what's the sound of one hand yapping?"

D's Left hand-"Did you ever hear the expression, " Too close for comfort"? That was damned uncomfortable."

Leila points a gun a D)
    Leila-"Don't get any ideas!...Hey, I'm just trying to stay dry here. If there was any other place to go, believe me, I'd be there. As soon as the rain lets up, I'll be gone from here and from you"
    D-"I think I guess your problem. Your family was the victims of vampires."
    Leila-"You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know anything about it."
    D-"All right. Perhaps I don't."
    Leila-(removes earpiece)"This stupid thing, it bothers me...You are really a weird one, you know that? In spite of being a dunpeal hunter and all that that entails. How did you know about my mother?"
    D-"You called her name, remember?"
    Leila- She was kidnapped by vampires. My father went after her and was trying to rescue her, so they killed him. And after a while my mother returned, but she wasn't my mother anymore; she'd been changed. The people in the village stoned her to death while I watched. After that I left home. I met the Marcus brothers and joined with them. I wanted to be a hunter to avenge my parents' deaths. I've seen many terrible things since then; lives destroyed, families devastated, hopes crushed...every time it seems a vampire is to blame.
    D-"I can understand why you'd choose to do it. But the life of a hunter is no kind of life."
    Leila-"It's the only life I'm any good for now. And it looks like the only life you've ever known. So I suggest we make a pact; since we're both in it for the long haul; whoever dies first, the other one can come and bring flowers to their grave. How's that? ...It's the rain. Makes me sentimental. I don't why I should care about that...it's just that I love flowers. And I don't think I'll be getting any. I'm alone after all. We have that much in common, don't we? That we're both hunters and we're both alone. Oh, well I'm being silly. Doesn't really matter..."
    D-"I'll do it. I'll bring you flowers if I survive this...but I don't expect to."
    Leila-"Stop, I didn't really mean it when I said that. And anyway, I don't really understand why you should keep on doing this."
    D-"Because I'm a dunpeal. I don't get to have a life, not like you."

D-"Sop right there, Meier. I'm taking her back to her family who loved her."
    Meier Link-"She knew I loved her best of all. You can't understand it. You've never loved a human."
    D-"I've never killed one, either."
    Meier Link-"You should bear in mind, D, that your struggle to resist our nature can't last forever. One day, the urge for their blood will be stronger."
    D-"When that day comes, another will hunt me. It's that simple."

(Last lines)
    (at a funeral, a young girl spots a stranger)
    Girl-"Hey, mister! Wait! Mister, wait! Um, excuse me sir, but I was wondering if you knew my grandmother Leila...yes. It's you, isn't it? My grandmother told me about you. So, I'd be honored if you could come to our house. My father would be so happy..."
    D-"I appreciate the kindness."
    Girl-"Oh, come on. We don't live far..."
    D-"I just came to keep a promise I made to an old friend. She was afraid no one would mourn her death. I'm glad she was so wrong."
    Girl-"Okay, I guess I see...anyway, thank you for coming."
    D smiles at the girl and rides out.
    D's Left hand-"Well, that was nice. You're not so bad after all. You just dress bad."

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Terminator

Kyle Reese : " Your son gave me a message to give to you. He made me memorize it. Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to tell you that the future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist."

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

OMG, I just had to..:heart:

[​IMG]

Thanks Ra, for the teary trip down memory lane. Bestest movie!

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Dawn Of The Dead (2004)

Kenneth-(pointing his shotgun at Ana)"Say something."
    Ana-"Please..."

Ana-"The bleeding's not gonna stop on its own. I need to stitch his arm."
    CJ-"What are you, a fucking doctor?"
    Ana-"No, I'm a fucking nurse."

Kenneth-"Oh, I get it. You saw hell yesterday. Now you're scared of going to hell for all the bad things you've done. I'll tell you what. Go in that stall, say five Hail Mary's, wipe your ass, and you and God can call it even."

The County Sheriff(talking to the tv field reporter)"We gotta burn...Danny! Danny! Put another round in that woman over there! Look, she's a twitcher.(back to reporter)I keep telling my men to shoot those things in the head. Head...dead. Anyplace else, those things just twitch. Boy, we sure got a lot of them today. What's troubling is that I know some of these people we're putting down. What can you do? It's got to be done."

Steve(playing "Hollywood Squares" with Andy)"Oh, oh. Rosie O'Donnell. Tell him to get Rosie."
    Kenneth-"Oh, yeah. Rosie."
    Tucker-"No, too easy. Give him something hard."
    Ana-"You guys had really rough childhoods, didn't you? Little bit rocky?"
    Steve-"Hey, sweetheart. Let me tell you something. You, uh, you have my permission. I ever turn into one of those things, do me a favor, blow my fucking head off."
    Ana(nods)"Oh, yeah, you can count on that."

Michael-"I know which job I was worst at. Being a husband."
    Monica-"That's not a job."
    Tucker-"It sure is."
    Monica-"You guys haven't met the right girl."

Kenneth-"Nothing to say. Been to a lot of funerals. Folded the flag and given it to a lot of wives, and fathers, and kids. I told them how sorry I was. But that's not what I was really feeling. In the back of my mind, I was always saying, "Better them than me." But I don't believe that now. Because now I realize there are some things worse than death, and one of them is sitting here waiting to die."

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015