Sex and Music = Sex Music?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by darkwawyer, Jun 21, 2016.

1. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

One thing that I noticed when replying to a thread a few weeks back, was that many of you didn't have any music playing in the background when you had sex/made love (I can't remember the exact thread). Anyway, I thought it was strange because, in my mind, music and sex have always been a package deal.

I guess, coming of age in the 80s, there were lots of house parties featuring R&B slow jams. There were even power ballads in the rock community. Everybody slow danced. I guess, being young, it was probably going to be a guys first opportunity to hold onto a girl; grind on her; become aroused; bonus points for having the hottest chick, etc. I'm not sure what kind of actions it stirred up in women - probably everything from how good the guy smelled to "eeww, he put his boner on me" :smt042

Slow jams/the quiet storm was there when I first made out in a car, when I lost my virginity (the world's longest pushup - hell, I thought my weight would crush her :smt102) and, even till this day, I put on "slow jams" prior to getting busy. I guess it's just "my style"...

I think about the movie, "Belly." I would be more like Nas (plus music and candles) and the average young guy would be more like DMX (Fuck foreplay, come on!!! Arf - Arf!!!) :smt042 So, when did this all change? I mean, of course, there are lots of times when there is no way to get music and or it's sporatic and just happens. However, I can't see myself purposely putting on anything hard/fast for a romantic night's activity with a FWB or lover. Afterall, nothing says, "I love and appreciate you like" - Juvi's, Back that Ass Up; Designer's Panda; or Prodigy's, Smack My Bitch Up (insert other artist and crazy tune)....you get my drift :smt020

Nonetheless, many of you said there was no background music playing at all. Was this by choice or situational? Do you prefer the sound and light from the TV (vice slow jams and darkness/candles or natural light)? Does background noise serve as a barrier for would be eavesdroppers or do your tunes match your rhythm? If you like Slow Jams, who is your favorite old skool crooner/band and you fave new skool singer/band? Oh, you can add your fave slow jam by each if you have one? ;)

2. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Genuwine or Pretty Ricky is my flavour sometimes even Twista. You gotta set the scene for sure!

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Music while being played while fucking definitely seems like a black thing... I can't stand the shit to be honest. Her moans, the squeaking of the bed, and hearing the backboard banging against the wall is the only music I want to hear.

I don't like the TV on either.

4. Westie

Westie Member

I usually associate background television with raunchy motel fucking.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Music can be a great thing...helps evoke emotions and mood. If I'm really feeling a man, I really appreciate it if he's into all the details and creates good play lists.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL I have some negative connections myself (not quite the same though)

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

As much as I love music, I don't wanna hear that shit while I'm fucking.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Depends on my mood, but I rarely think about music at the time. I could go for some Maxwell or Sade afterward tho.

If anything I would rather hear sound effects like rain or ocean during sex.

Definitely don't want the TV on. I don't want a TV in my bed room period.

This is what I played last time I put some music on. It was on point at the time for some reason. :smt042

[YOUTUBE]z_M1TBZ7egg[/YOUTUBE]

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I like slow jams during sex but its not a must.

I have a list of songs and/or singers as a go to for setting the mood

10. K

K Well-Known Member

Interesting - it's looking like the older crowd is more for the mood music and the younger crowd not so much.

I LOVE the sound of rain or the ocean too!

Maybe it's diff when we are talking about "making love" vs hard core fucking?

11. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

@Beasty, I didn't know what to expect when you posted that Ghostface link :) He is the "lover" out of the Wu...none of the rest of the guys push female appreciation like he does. Well, a few tunes by Meth, but that's about it.

There is something about a dark room and the flickering light of a candle...or even TV. When I'm in a relationship sex can take place any time during the day, but the majority of the time it's (outside of work hours) in the evening or late night. Usually, when it's light out her eyes are closed or undirected, definitely not intentionally watching the action. There's something about the darkness becoming light enough to see, even if for a split second, stolen glances and catching "her" looking at me during the act.

12. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Yes, true @making love or fucking, but I lean more towards love making with occasional fucking throughout the session. I'm never just completely in "beast mode"...I don't even like "quickies."

I have an 8 hour, video "thunderstorm" track. Talking about awesome :smt060 It can be a dry, hot summer day...turn the lights off, ac on and it completely changes the (sex) session. The lightning strikes and the room lights up, only to go completely dark...leaving only the sound of wind and rain :smt036

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Television on during sex is not good unless you have those cable music channels. Environmental sounds are relaxing. Even the sound of a harp or a classical guitar is most soothing.

14. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah ... It could be.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What a great thread, Darkwawyer. Love your comments. (especially your last two)
    K, GL8 and Beasty's too.

I adore music when making love. But it really does depend on the mood and circumstances. If we are in love, l don't mind slow jams, but if not...it can be too superficial to make love to. Especially if he has it down to a "playa" formula. I don't like overly romantic men l'm not in love with because it's not only disingenuous, but often awkward.

Alternately, l don't prefer hard music to sex to, either.
    Sexy songs, cool jazz, funk or Alternative and Rock or psychedelic music (haha) is all good.

16. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah I can dig your point.

If I'm on a date and we are on our first then I play some safe slow Or mid tempo songs in the car. Safe genre songs or singers like Sade, jazz, mint condition, stevie wonder, earth wind and fir,e Jon b Anita baker and chaka khan

If in a relationship all the above but then I get strong with it like isley brothers, teddy pendegrass Luther and ready Freddy jackson and ect...

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

What, no Barry White or Marvin Gaye?

18. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Lol

Lol

Lol

That's the ect

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What, no Keith Sweat, Albums 1-5?? :p :p

20. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Ks...I'm not big on him. I got al green to get it going and the isly brothers to finish it off