Apple or Android?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Nikkers, Aug 13, 2013.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I will say this.
    The biggest issues in technology are almost certainly these three problems

How much data can you move?
    How fast can you process the data?
    How much data can you store?

celluar commuication does all three of these things poorly in comparison to the modern tech out there so it is hard to believe that we are at a peak.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Android.

I will never again waste good money on CrApple products.

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

both..one for work and one for personal..a phone is a phone to me...talk...text...internet...whatever;)

4. Negus

Negus New Member

Go with the Droid

Since1980 raises a point! Apple's iPhone does not give you the freedom of how much memory you want on your cellular phone or to replace your battery. I have repaired alot of these iPhones due to bad batteries and it is a time consuming and an expensive process to do so. iPhones are good when they work, but when things go wrong n them "Whew!" Androids are much better cellular phone!

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The problem with Apple as a whole is the price point. In all honesty they do make a superior product but the price they charge destroys the benefits not to mention the battery and storage problems.
    Don't get me started on the laptops which I'm using right now but looking back at how much I originally spent it wasn't the best purchase I could have made.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Having had both I'd go with Apple if my wallet says it's okay.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It's like they almost force you to upgrade once the battery dies; since you can't change it yourself you're pretty much locked into buying a new phone just because your old one stopped holding a charge. I haven't had that problem with a phone since 2005. Why would I want to go back to that?

The last time I took a trip I was able to take hundreds of pictures with no problem. No having to delete songs or apps, no having to micromanage storage space to fit everything on my phone, I could just point and click without having to worry about it. Going from a Galaxy to an iPhone would mean giving up a lot of the convenience that I've gotten used to over the years. As far as being superior all the Apple products that I've seen have been pretty but that's about it. Nothing I've seen the iPhone do has been impressive enough to get me to make the switch.

8. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

People fail to realize that this comparison is not an apples to apples comparison. When you buy an apple portable media device, you are purchasing both apple HW and apple SW.

When you go Android, you are choosing an open source OS that allows any HW manufacturer to design hardware for it. It's also open source and far more developer community friendly.

It's the same with PC's. If you buy apple, you buy apple HW and SW. If you go Windows, you can put it on any HW that you want. Which generally makes the HW more easy to upgrade and keeps the costs reasonable short term and long term.

Apple products takes away my ability to make decisions in my big purchases. I'm not cool with that... I prefer being given options.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Personalization isn't that important to me. Being productive is. Apple, for the most part, offers more of a worry free experience. I haven't had to expend near as much energy diagnosing problems on my Apple devices as I have on my Windows and Android devices. In that way, Apple has all others beat. I can spend more time getting stuff done with the IOS ecosystem.

But, since Job's passing, I see them slipping more and more in the "it just works" department. Time will tell if they can retain what makes them the better choice for users like me.

10. Otis

Otis New Member

I'm an android fella.

Trust me, it has nothing to do with my undying love of all things Google. But I do use The Big G's products pretty regularly for online ventures. So, my reasoning is that it makes sense to for me to get an Android. The connectivity convenience is worth the hassle--I suppose.

My view is if you have things like a YouTube channel, G+, gmail & others (webmaster tools, analytics, etc.), use google. If not, then it seems you would have a purer choice on your hands.

And as usual, I'm diving head 1st into a dormant thread. Hell, you've probably had 2 or 3 phones since this thread started!

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I do iPhones. 3-6+. I will say it's too fucking big. Lol

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

That's what she said.

13. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Haha! Way too late, I already decided on a phone. But, I never thought of the webmaster tools, analytics, etc until I started my current job.... just makes me happier I ended up picking an android phone :p

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

darn right!!!!

15. Otis

Otis New Member

I'm not so big on android. It gets the job done, which is all I care about. Now if we're talking about their webmaster-related tools, I could go on & on about those products...

16. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

iPhone chick.... except for a short period when I used the Motorola razor.
    I can't with the android system ,,,,

The Galaxy 6s edge tho,,,,,

Love that liquid- all- around look

Tempted to try

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I sold my soul to Apple back in the 90s.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Please tell me you got some stock as payment because I'm moving in

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Not a red cent, lol.

20. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Just got an S6 Edge and a Gear S smartwatch. I highly recommend them.

[​IMG]