Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

So what is it? Are we blacks hyper-violent and threatening? Or are we wimps who cave in to every dictator's demand? Super-thugs don't fear dictators.

Funny how ideological consistency isn't necessary if you're attacking a black man. Hurl everything you have at him, whether it makes sense or not.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

l think you might be missing the broader picture here which was his essential point. We folded over a threat for a damn movie...people are running scared.
    Now imagine a threat to our hospitals...we will fold like cheap suits. America is viewed as penetrable by the Internet now. This is just the beginning. And that may be our fault as a society. We chastise anyone who says something out of line and the fear is now too great that what you email can come back to hurt you politically financially etc, misconstrued or not. Even Oprah said she has written things to others in private that are not for the world to see...
    l think we are at a crossroads here... we punked out, basically.. and the world is watching.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What on earth are you talking about? Emails were hacked, emails are hacked daily shit even retail stores have been hacked and lost millions but outing some execs about what they think of actors is the crossroads?
    And who the hell is we? Sony is a private company that got hacked it ain't DARPA.
    And even if you make the argument that it came from Korea that's still hard to prove with shit like VPNs out there. I can essentially work from anywhere remotely.

4. The Dark King

Basically

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'll assume you didn't read the article then.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Here, from the article...

"Quite honestly, this would happen in any industry. I don’t know what the answer is, but what happened here is part of a much larger deal. A huge deal.*
    'And people are still talking about dumb emails. Understand what is going on right now, because the world just changed on your watch, and you weren’t even paying attention.'

7. The Dark King

This is total horseshit. So some emails got hacked so the fuck what. Show me the report where long range missiles got taken over or oil rigs suddenly stopped. That's an attack but outing Hollywood as racist cowards ain't news. Acts of war usually involve bodies. Pearl Harbor act of war, the assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand act of war, stealing emails and posting it is not an act of war. This is such a non issue. Feels like another distraction

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Welcome to the 21st century where warfare doesn't always involve physical casualties

Gfunk and anyone who monitors cyber terrorism will tell you the same thing

9. The Dark King

Of course it does. Leaking secrets don't mean shit without the physical consequences. Seriously is anyone surprised by those emails?

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Sony put out a statement saying they pulled the movie because they feared people would be hurt. So tobthemnits about potential bodies.

Now Obama just chastized Sony for caving in, calling "the move a mistake"
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2014/12/19/sony-the-interview-hackers-gop/20635449/

And yet our own State Department blamed a satirical movie (The Innocence of Muslims) for causing the deaths of a U.S diplomat adn 3 other Americans in Benghazi. Obama pressured Google to remove it from the internet because it offended muslims, and had the producer jailed.

So some mixed messages are being sent here...

11. The Dark King

Yeah unauthorized military presence as well as economic practices that keep millions in poverty is ok but movies get them mad get the fuck out of here not buying any of this bullshit.
    Either they're bored and just drumming up conflict or this is a distraction

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Distraction from what do you think?

Well whatever it is, like Cuban deals, we are always the last to know.
    But what we do know is Jung is cray and has nukes.. and one million trained soldiers ready.

13. The Dark King

Your right but if all it takes is a movie then it doesn't take much to begin with

I have no idea what we're being distracted from but I don't buy this Sony bs for a second. When Target had millions sold in credit card information that wasn't a cyber act of war but emails about acting jobs are? BS BS BS

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

What the hell r u smoking

You can do total damage without firing a single shot or dropping a single body

:p

15. The Dark King

How? Deleting some files that are backed up somewhere else? Unless they can ruin crops or start firing missles which would have a physical consequence all we have so far is some leaked emails. Like I said unless they're shutting down transit or making planes drop out of the sky what are we even talking about right now?

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Tdk has such limited vision

I wish terrorists were more like him

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ok this just got weirder..

The hackers just demanded that Sony now remove all traces of the movie from existence, from trailers to never showing up online.. or else.
    Furthermore, Sony have disabled their website..and their YT Channel went private.

And now Paramount have pulled thier animated movie 'Team America: The Guardians of Peace' from theaters, that some were replacing The Interview with. Hmm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2879494/Texas-theater-schedules-showing-Team-America.html.

Keep in mind, Japan make plenty of movies mocking Jung.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  19. The Dark King

Spell it out for me

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How about loading a military plane with 1 million dvd's of the movie and dropping them over N K :cool: