Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

As if the other party isn't also made up of "old white men". LOL.

I just find it interesting that he's put his hat in the ring. It's way too early to even think about who I might cast a vote for in the primary. I'm just so happy that there are going to be a lot of choices to choose from.

So much truth.

It doesn't matter what party the politician is representing...they ALL are after their own interests.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Is that so? Well at least one side aligns some of their interests with the people instead of fucking them every which way possible.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Theyre both full of old white people period, if you ask me (and no one is)

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Touche, Bookie. :cool:

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I thought that because I was able to do certain things, then everyone else should be able to do them, too. No exceptions. I was really into starting my own business and I believed that everyone who worked for someone else was a sucker and shouldn't complain about being mistreated at work. 'Cause, all they had to do is find their own hustle and all would be well, right? ...lol

Like I said, I was an arrogant ass. Thankfully, reality and my mother's example set me straight. Took a minute but I get there. ..lol

He signed the ADA into law. That was a huge deal for a lot of Americans. I don't think Reagan would have done that. I didn't realize at the time how important that was. But, I learned.

Reagan's political descendants are trying to scale back the ADA now. That's how con-servatives are at heart. Business should not have to do anything it doesn't want to. But, the common man? Well, fuck him. He's a replaceable cog in a much larger and and complicated machine.

Sure, Dems' hands aren't clean either. But, at least there are large factions of the party who give a fuck and try to do the right thing.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

7. Bookworm616

It's all PR.

Yep, that was my point. :D

You know I love ya, girlie. :smt023

8. Bookworm616

9. The Dark King

Really so who is Elizabeth Warren doing PR for when she highlights the gross inequalities and predatory practices of the banks. Who was John Edwards doing PR for when highlighting the poverty situation in the country. Who Barney Frank doing PR for when he was advocating same sex marriage loooong before it was culturally acceptable? And let's go with your premise and say "its all PR" wouldn't you support people who want equal pay for your daughter, who want national healthcare for when you're old and can't work, don't you want people advocate for a living wage opposed to wage slavery even if its all for their self interest?
    Tell a single thing the other side does for the people? Shit tell me something they aren't doing to destroy people. They cut food programs, oppose every social legislation without any solutions of their own, they cut housing programs, they want to take away women's right to choose, they want to take away the right for people to get married solely based on their sexual orientation. They are the party of oppression, racism, and plain evil. Not saying every member of the party is evil but it sure as fuck is interesting that nearly every evil person from the Waltons to the Koch Brothers to your local neighborhood watch kill black people on sight and kill abortion doctors seem to support that bunch.

10. The Dark King

Well said.

And I appreciate you acknowledging the flaws in your thinking and the fact that you changed. So few people are capable of that.

You sounded like Dame Dash for a minute there lol

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Pretty even???:smt108

Almost a third of Democratic Senators are women.

Study the pie chart of the House of Representatives VERY closely.
    Over a third of the Democratic house Reps are MINORITIES.:smt006

Minorities as a total of the U.S. population are close to outnumbering Whites, if they don't already.(Still more White people as a group compared to any one minority group.)

That's why the many pundits argue the GOP is about to die out as a political movement.

You can't survive as a political party being the retirement home of older, White men.

GOP needs major new blood.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

sources said...

'De Blasio and his advisers are trying to position the mayor as the 'draft' candidate for the left in 2016. That's why he refused to endorse Hillary last week,' the party operative told the Post.

The 53-year-old has yet to back Clinton, despite the fact that he was campaign manager of her U.S. Senate bid in 2000, an indication that the rumours of his intentions to run for president may be true."

Yay or hogwash?

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

hogwash he saw what happen with the last mayor of NYC that tried to jump in for president. He may be holding it just in case biden runs or someone else shows up again.....

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

IS SHE CRAZY??

'Sunday, April 26, 2015: During a press conference on the riots and looting in her city Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake stated that she instructed the Baltimore Police Department "to give those who wished to destroy, space to do that"

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Probably said to prevent injury or worse, loss of life to the police. The rioters are angry at police. Although the destruction of property taking place is terrible, ignorant and unnecessary, loss of lives in trying to stop or minimize it would be more terrible.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I guess so...true, property is not worth dying for to protect it......but where is the line drawn?

For example... innocent commuters are on this bus...the threat is there...Do the police fall back, or step in..it's a very confusing message to send, IMO.

[​IMG]

Another example....they burned the CVS after looting It..ok....but to destroy the hose so firemen can't put the fire out, is risking lives. That hose is critically needed to save lives.

[​IMG]

I would have liked her to try to talk these rioters off the ledge and reinforce rioting solves nothing but ruins their city for years.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. The Dark King

Unfortunately we can't expect civility in chaos just gotta wait out the storm. It's really sad.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Been seeing various news interviews featuring various community leaders calling for calm and that the riots solve nothing ...one with the pastor who presided over the Freddie Gray funeral. With emotions involved, especially anger, its hard to get things under control. It's going to be a long haul there for awhile.