Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

That's a damned good point. There's no need to be cold and miserable while doing a lousy job.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'd sure as hell trade NY for the Hawaii or the Florida Keys

3. orejon4

You staying warm up there?

4. The Dark King

Snowing again its below freezing. Seriously contemplating a weekend trip to Orlando or Atlanta. This is bs. You're in MO though fam so I'm sure its just as bad

5. orejon4

Yes, but I was just home for a week so I've still got some warmth stored up. Brought some jerk and adobo seasoning, Caribbean newspapers and ate loads of food, so I'll be okay until I go back on the 13th.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's The Gipper's birthday today, sooo....

[​IMG]

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
    -- Quote by Ronald Reagan

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
    -- Quote by Ronald Reagan, Remarks to the White House Conference on Small Business (August 15, 1986)

How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.

-- Quote by Ronald Reagan during the Anderson-Reagan Presidential Debate in Baltimore (September 21, 1980)

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

---------

[​IMG]

How can a president not be an actor?

-- Response by Ronald Reagan when asked by a reporter "How can an actor run for President?" during the presidential campaign (1980)

Please tell me you're all Republicans.

-- Comment by Ronald Reagan to the surgeons who were about to operate on him after the assassination attempt (March 30, 1981)

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Very tragic suicide...

Tom Schweich, Missouri’s Republican state auditor and gubernatorial candidate, died in an apparent suicide at his home on Thursday. Schweich had arranged a meeting with journalists to discuss what the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports was his belief that Republican rivals were spreading rumors that he was Jewish.

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Marco Rubio announced that he's running for President.

I have to say, I'm intrigued.

He is someone I will be researching quite a bit as this whole thing unfolds.

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

You might want to start your research here....

Asked to name a senator he'd like to pattern his own career after, Marco Rubio told the National Review that he really admires Jesse Helms. Yes, Helms, the late North Carolina Republican senator with notorious and well-documented racist and homophobic views. He once called the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 "the single most dangerous piece of legislation ever introduced in the Congress." But Rubio admires only his foreign policy views. Oh, brother. What's next? He'll say he really admires the economic policies of pro-segregationist Strom Thurmond?

Helms once held a 16-day filibuster to try to block the establishment of Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a federal holiday. He's the guy who ran one of the ugliest racially charged campaign ads in American history while seeking re-election in 1990. The ad implied that African-Americans would take white people's jobs. He repeatedly tried to block black judges from being confirmed. And he tried to block laws that expanded African-Americans' rights to vote.

10. The Dark King

The current incarnation of the Republican party is evil personified. I know plenty of decent Republicans but unfortunately the politicians who champion it and those who support represent the most vile and cruel people in this country at present. Cutting food programs, cutting housing, war mongering, ignoring the very real demands of the environment, constant support of racial, gender, and homophobic oppression. I honestly don't understand how any decent person can call themselves a Republican today.

11. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Poignant

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Ronald Reagan and his union busting, trickle down economics, war on drugs ways was the start of many of the issues facing our country today.

People on the right tend to forget that. I actually though George H. W. Bush was a better president for the common man. I didn't always feel that way. But I was young, selfish and ignorant. Thankfully, I grew up.

13. The Dark King

How so?

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why do you think Bush was better??

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So far, the Party of "old White men" has two Latinoes running, and a Black man (Carson in May). Go figure.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Don't bother He will not win. Bush will take all of the money from Florida. What will be interesting is how he will hurt bush during the primary.
    To have two Floridians running will make a very nice split in Bush's favor lol

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

It really isn't a go figure if you know the stats
    Two cubans and one african american. Cubans tend to vote republican. The rest of the Hispanic segment generally votes Democrat.

Carson is the only out liner.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Love(d) George Carlin

"Forget the politicians.
    The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice.
    You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything.
    They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want.
    Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else.
    But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them."

19. The Dark King

Not entirely true and if people don't notice the stark contrast between parties they are being woefully ignorant

20. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Plus anyone can run for the nomination. I'll wait and see who's standing after first round of caucuses and primaries, as well as who's pulling in the most money.