"EVERYTHING NOT QUITE RIGHT WITH...": Videos

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by hellified, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Do you also remember that Morris was also trying to weasel his way into the club owner's good graces?

Clubs in the 80's believe in one rule; make money anyway you can as long as you can.

How? By getting the best acts and gimmicks to bring people in.

Who will be the main headliner is not important at the moment because performers have to prove their worth to the club owner, the club and the clubgoers. Whomever is the main headliner is for all three elements to choose.

When I was in college, a trio of musicians performed on campus. The band's name was September's Child. There was originally four musicians, but the fourth broke his arm while skateboarding.

They invited me to sit with them in the cafeteria for lunch. I had my saxophone with me and we talked about playing music live.

The only female member of the group advised me to stay away from Hollywood if I were in L.A. because of the fact that there are over 1,500 bands alone there performing in clubs where they have to pay before they can play and they are not paid very well. The other members concurred.

They encouraged me not to give up on my dreams but they also to me to be careful because of the cutthroat nature of the music industry. My saxophone instructor told me the same thing a few years before the members of September's Child did.

I had been to a club where they had the best of both worlds under one roof. A dj for dancing and a live band for listening. I liked the live band side of the club the most.

2. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]xuKoa3Qkxcc[/YOUTUBE]

Drug lord Frank White returns from prison determined to wipe out all his competition in this stylish, ultra violent, yet very flawed crime thriller!

3. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]wnB9AlmIWbs[/YOUTUBE]

Wesley Snipes and Ice-T star in the grand daddy of all the neo-blaxploitation crime dramas of the 90s that is PACKED with action attitude, the coolest lines and many WTF moments!

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Some are just petty but some I do agree with, like The Carter. All it would have taken was one controlled buy someone and you'd have a search warrant within hours (if that) plus a few dozen witnesses.

And there's also the issue of how the only thing it took to get Kareem Akbar arrested was for Nino Brown to say that it was Akbar, not he, that was the head of CMB. Despite the fact that Brown was literally on the stand testifying in his own defense and would have every single reason to lie.

And what about the raid on the Carter where Nino Brown stops being a drug dealer and starts being a ninja, hanging upside down from pipes and slicing peoples' necks from the shadows?

I still love this movie, though.

5. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Prep work for Blade!!!! Haha

6. hellified

hellified Active Member

:smt038

7. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robert Townsend writes, directs and acts in this tale of the rise and fall of fictional vocal group The Five Heartbeats. Catchy tunes, crazy characters and curiously flawed moments abound in this classic 90s movie!

8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I mean, when I first saw it back the day I was like "oh shit!" Now when I see I'm more like "what the shit?" It completely breaks up the flow of that scene for me because up until that point nothing in the movie even let us know that his character could even do anything like that. It just felt shoehorned in.

9. leave my favorite movie alone!!!

10. hellified

hellified Active Member

NO SACRED COWS!!!!:eek:

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Pookie(doing jumping Jacks while high)- "Fo'...sco'... seven years... a ho'."

12. hellified

hellified Active Member

I don't think I've ever seen anyone high on crack...that looked more like drunk behavior...does crack even make you act like that?

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Have you had a taste of crack? I haven't. I was taught about the dangers of drugs when I was younger. Back in the days, cocaine, marijuana, morphine and Angel dust were the standard of the times. Never mind alcohol(which was advertised very often).

When crack came out, it was said that it is so addictive that a person who uses it once is automatically addicted.

I had met people who had just a taste of crack and their lives were changed, and not for the better.

Hawaiian Ice, two two years later, became much more powerful than crack.

According to director Mario Van Peebles, he wanted to make a gangster film that can educate as well as entertaining an audience. What was seen in old gangster films was in New Jack City(minus the profanity).

You do recall that Pookie was under a lot of pressure to help Scotty and Perretti. And he was also very tempted by being around crack on a daily basis.

His predicament was similar to child molesters.
    Pookie was doomed the moment he was promoted from security.

And you do know that Nino Brown was a composite of Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Actually, Passenger 57 was the film that made Wesley Snipes an action star and it showcased his proficiency in the martial art Capoeira. New Jack City was a rather dramatic entry.

15. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

zzzhhhaaaaaaaaaaaang !!

16. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

Al Pacino chews up the scenery like a BOSS in this classic gangster drama. Scarface has it all...ultra violence, drugs, over the top acting and a number of huh? moments as well so enjoy the vid!

17. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

Follow Pvt Joker from bootcamp to the battlefield in Stanley Kubrick's epic Vietnam War film. Rife with action, death, foul mouthed (yet funny) Drill Instructors and flaws galore!

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Great flick. Remember when Dorian Harewood shown the Vietnamese sex worker his "Alabama Black Snake"?

19. hellified

hellified Active Member

okay so we're just going to gloss over the fact that the great stanley kubrick totally ripped off another flick even on down to getting the same actor for the same role....

20. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

Al Pacino and Jamie Foxx go head to head in this classic football movie that has grit, action, violence and flaws galore!