Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Not that one. I think the two before that one were snoozefests. There were two episodes where they were just getting acclimated to the community. Nothing really happened in either episode though.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEn THE LAST THREE OR FOUR EPISODES.

I liked the finale but didn't love it. I thought some of the drama was a little flat. And the part where Deanna's husband got offed loked way, way to staged. That sometimes happens when Greg Nicatero is directing. He has some very serious "B" movie instincts that clash with the show's top tier style.

It's funny how everyone was pissed that Noah got Tyrese killed and they were crying that Noah should have been the one who died because he added nothing to the group. Then, a couple of episodes later, Noah bites it and everyone is weeping like he'd been "that guy" and was a part of the show since season 1.

Love TWD fans. ...lol

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

His death was GOT gruesome that's why people cared so much

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I was waiting for a climax of what RA said but it didn't happen. Still time though....

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Which climax, the zombies massacring the town or the Grimes Gang doing the massacring?

I think Rick and company have found a "home" going forward. There may be a bit of resentment from some in Alexandria, but I think the two biggest individuals with resentment were dealt with. Any new threats will probably come from bands of rovers/scavengers like the Terminus crew and these "Wolves" or other communities that aren't as civilized or together as Alexandria, because you know there are others out there i.e. Woodbury. Enough time has passed since the initial virus outbreak that other people have come together or forced together and somebody equally as bad or worse than the Governor is running some "community" somewhere. And just like Alexandria, they are probably sending out scouts for bodies and supplies if they are half way organized.

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

both but I'm not picky either one will do.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't think about it like that. You're right. People didn't like him because of Tyrese. But, no one wanted to see him go like that. After all, he was just a kid. No one wants to see a kid, who was actually pretty heroic, go out like that.

No had it been Gabreil? Cats would've been rejoicing in the streets! ...lol that dude is a text book definition of sellout. A buddy of mine is a big time con-servative. We argue politics like most brothas' plat basketball. But it's all love. Anyway, I started calling him Gabreil. He hasn't caught yet. But, when he does, I'm in trouble and pay back is expected. ...lol

Sometimes a man just has to poke the hornets nest. ...lmcao!

I'm think the next seeing will have Morgan chilling Rick out a bit and schooling him on some of that Zen calmness. I'm looking for Morgan to serve as Rick's "way back" . Rick is starting to look too much like Shane.

Of Course, after Morgan serves his purpose he will of course die and be avenged by a now Redeemed Rick.

'C'mon, we all know you can't have a good guy, bad ass black man running around. But, Gabreil will be like herpes. Can't get rid of him. He needs to be saved by Rick's benevolence.

8. The Dark King

Gabriel is the weakest character I've seen on a television in the longest time. Dude is so easy to hate. No one is saying he has to be brave but selling out everyone else like that was awful. But I think you're right he'll probably be around for awhile since strong bm don't last long on there. Especially if they speak. T Dog was good until he started speaking in season 3. As long as your useful and keep your mouth shut. Same with Tyrese he was good while they needed a big babysitter but once the group was all together again bye bye Tyrese.

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Gabriel is awful!!!!!!! Just painful to watch is crap:-( how was he in the comic? I loved Tyrese, he was awesome:-(

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

From what I know he's pretty much the same. Tyreese, except for the moments of anger and being dangerous when in that mode wasn't much like the character from the comics. Since there is no Daryl in the comics, he played more like that character in the group during his time in the comics. Also there was a bit of a triangle between himself, Carol and Michonne.

COMIC SPOILER FOR ANYONE THINKING OF GOING BACK AND READING ANY BACK ISSUES.

The way Herschel was killed off on the show was actually how Tyreese was killed off in the comics.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ok I'm all caught up and seen the finale......

Now I don't have to cover my virgin eyeballs when clicking on this thread anymore :eek:

12. The Dark King

what did you think?

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I was coming off my initial walking dead high as the additional seasons came along.....but this one renewed my faith in the show

I found myself binging through the entire season in just a few days...I can't do that with just any ole show

14. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Ohhh. Thanks. I think I need to get the series

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Fear The Walking Dead : Timelines On The Two Walking Dead Shows Will Match Up

[​IMG]

Story from Entertainment Weekly.com.

We know from our conversations with Fear the Walking Dead exec producer Robert Kirkman that the zombie drama is set closer to the origins of the outbreak—as opposed to the original Walking Dead, which begins a few months after the apocalypse (after Rick Grimes wakes up from his coma).

“We’re very early,” Kirkman told us. “But if you think about the way a zombie outbreak would happen, it would happen very organically. It would be happening for a while behind the scenes. In pockets of civilization, there would be news stories that didn't really make sense and didn't seem connected. And that’s kind of where we pick things up. There are a lot of things on the news, there’s a lot of chatter and paranoia and concern. And yet the vast majority of the population is ignoring these things and talking about their daily lives, and that’s kind of where we pick things up. And things ramp up very quickly from there.”

The next question, then, becomes: how fast will the outbreak progress, and how fast will the show move in terms of showing that progression? It’s a question Kirkman doesn't particularly want to answer: “You've almost tricked me into saying too much!” he responds, before clueing us in to the fact that the companion series will at some point align timeline-wise to early seasons of The Walking Dead. That also means the show does not qualify as a prequel, as some are calling it.

“I will say that it will definitely progress,” Kirkman says, referring both to the outbreak and the story that accompanies it. “I will say that I don’t consider this show to be a prequel to The Walking Dead, because there will be a point where a certain episode of this show will line up with season 2 of The Walking Dead, and a certain episode of this show will line up with season 3 of The Walking Dead. So we will be progressing through time to the point that we do pass the initial days of the outbreak. But how fast it is that we get there? That’s just going to have to remain a mystery.”

While Fear may eventually line up with early episodes of the original series, the fact that the first show took place in Georgia while the new one is in Los Angeles should still prevent any interaction between the characters. So don’t look for Fear’s Madison and Travis to be enlisted in the search for Sophia. (P.S. Check the barn.)

The show has received a two-season commitment from AMC. Fear The Walking Dead will premiere late Summer 2015.

16. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Highly-attractive IR couple featured in "Fear the Walking Dead"

^^

There is a very interesting article in the latest issue of "Entertainment Weekly" on the summer spin-off "Fear the Walking Dead" which airs in August. It is not so much a spin-off as it is a companion series set to show what the zombie apocalypse looks like on the other side of the country . . .. and unlike TWD it will show you the entire zombie outbreak (the part Rick couldn't see because he was in a coma). So expect a lot of emergency broadcasts on the news and naysayers at the local drinking tavern and bowling alley.

There is an VERY attractive IR couple too in Alycia Debnam-Carey & Maestro Harrell: https://www.google.com/search?q=mae...=kxZ2VfKgDtP4yQT_kIHoCw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1

https://www.google.com/search?q=mae...YQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1#tbm=isch&q=alycia+debnam+carey

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yayyy! Cliff Curtis, everyone's all-purpose character actor, is back! Looking forward to this. Any idea when the regular show starts up again?

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

He's one of those guys whose name I don't know...but always see in shit

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

He's a Maori, but he has played Mexicans, Colombians, Arabs, biracial, Maori and who knows what else.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]dwyMn1O9PYo[/YOUTUBE]