Happy!!!!! tell us why are you happy.

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, May 26, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

why are you happy?
    it can be something specific or in general.

im happy because.....

i have a wonderful daughter.
    my cooking skills are getting better.

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Getting out the army next month.

3. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

I am happy, because I am free.. My life belongs only myself, I don't have to make compromises I don't want. I can go/live wherever I want, I can work whatever I want,I can meet whoever I want. I need not to feel guilty about any decision I make

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

What didn't you like about the Army. My girl is joining the Army soon, she's going in as an 92G Cook, from what I read it's pretty much the shittiest MOS you can get. On one hand I want to persuade her not to do it... she wanted to do MP but couldn't get it, on the other hand joining the Army has been her life long goal and she's very optimistic about moving up the ranks so I don't want her going in having fukked up thoughts.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Don't like my MOS, don't like not having privacy and don't like the military culture in general. And if your girl wants to move up in the ranks quickly, she should chose another MOS. I don't know what promotion points look like for cooks, but I think they are pretty high since cooks aren't exactly an understrength MOS. Also, not everyone in the army will do their MOS. My unit have cooks, but there is no dining facility on post so they are clerical/admin work n' shit. If she plans on making a career of the army, I guess there's no problem being a cook....maybe. But if she's getting out after one contract term or reenlistment, I'd persuade her to take an MOS with applicable skills on the outside or something that could land her a contractor job with the military, such as my job (35F Intelligence Analyst). My MOS is in high demand and promotion points are the lowest in the army, so you fly up the ranks, since people realize they can make more money as a contractor doing the same job. Also, people in my field get jobs in the CIA and the Pentagon n' shit. There's a lot of pros and cons to weigh, but this is just an overview, somewhat.

6. 4north1side2

*Daps*

What's your plan after getting out? I'm surprised you don't like your MOS, what don't you like about it? What did you like about it or the ARMY in general? I was very close to enlisting almost 10 years ago, I wanted infantry but they gave me 91B cannon crew member :/ I backed out because it wasn't what I wanted. I've been giving it thought again but I have to score at least a 70 on my ASVAB because I want to get into intelligence.

If this was 5 years ago she could of got an decent job but the military as an whole recently gotten a lot harder to get into and the jobs are sparse.

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I'm moving to San Diego for school. My cousin lives out there, so I decided to make my move there. In Intel, there is a lot of briefing....I'm terrible at speaking in front of people. It's one of the few MOSs where a Private will brief a general. Plus, if you aren't targeting bad guys like you do when you're deployed, then you aren't doing the more interesting part of intel. Usually, you are doing security clearances and whatnot. I've heard my NCOs talk about some of the badass shit they've done as Intel, so it's all about where you go as well. The good thing about intel is that we are needed everywhere. We're more likely to get the better duty stations and go to foreign countries for training. I've been to Thailand and Japan, and almost to the Philippines. You probably won't get to go to those kind of places as a cook or a mechanic. One of my NCOs went to Vietnam last year( and got robbed by a tranny hooker). Another one has been to Romania, Australia. Another one has been to Loas, Cambodia, Vietnam. So if you want the best to chance to move up in the army and see some cool shit or places, intel is the way to go. Also, don't worry about the ASVAB score. It's about your GT score. Intel needs a 110 minimum GT. I know people who have 54 ASVAB scores, but over 110 GT, which is really the determining factor. And yeah, if you don't see a job you like, don't take it. Either wait or go to another branch(Wish I would've joined the Navy or Air Force).

8. 4north1side2

*Daps*

Thanks for the information. I wish you the best of success with your journey and happy memorial day by the way.

9. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

I am happy because I am blessed with a loving family that go above and beyond for me.

I am happy because after a recent health scare and an emergency operation I am on the mend. It certainly opens your eyes to what matters in life, and I am happy I am ok and have a wonderful future ahead of me.

I am happy because I control most of my own happiness. (if that makes sense)

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are on the mend and that you have the support of your family. Controlling your happiness makes sense because we can lose ourselves in that happiness. Most of all, be happy for being yourself. You deserve it.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The CIA is a high-stress affair and they want younger, dedicated and very talented people to work there.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Why the Navy or Air Force? Been thinking about joining the reserves for awhile now.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You and I must Skype soon. Very interested in what's going on with you

14. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

For several years I was unhappy and "restless" in my marriage but I felt that I couldn't leave because I didn't want to hurt my husband who loved me very much. Basically I was sacrificing my happiness for his. I finally got up the courage to leave and to be true to myself. Today I am happy because I am on my own and feeling very much at peace. I also discovered I'm much stronger than I ever knew.

15. londonlady

londonlady New Member

Because the past does not equal the future and there's always time to turn things around! Be happy! Jx

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Bravo, Rita! Finding the strength to move forward is a major accomplishment. Onward and upward! Bravo!

17. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

:smt038 :smt038 it takes guts and you sound like you have a major amount!! :freehug:

18. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I have a good woman as a wife, 4 great kids and a great job. I watch my kids play around yelling "dad" "dad" in the backyard and i put my arms around my wife and feel content. I am in a happy place right now:cool:

19. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I have the two most amazing babies, who are absolutely my reason for breathing. I have an incredible man in my life, who loves me in spite of my flaws and fears of commitment lol. He cares for my kids like they're his own. I adore going to bed with this man each night and waking up next to him every morning.

It's so easy to get caught up in work, and making money, and just the day to day stuff...sometimes we forget to sit back and focus on our blessings. Thanks for the reminder GL :heart:

20. LordForgiveEm

LordForgiveEm New Member

It's funny you mention all that. I just got out and was the same exact MOS. I got so tired of having to adhere to all the bullshit and it seemed counter intuiative to the whole premise of getting the job done to serve the mission. Been out for 7 months and haven't looked back.