Josh Duggar of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting admits to molestation

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, May 22, 2015.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And people say Johnny Cochran is dead

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

what did you read that makes you feel he's NOT a sexual predator? I read he put his finger(s) inside the vaginas of his sisters. It doesn't get more sexual predator than that. I'm not discounting the fact that his upbringing could have played a role in him lashing out sexually but that doesn't negate the fact that he's a sex offender and should be forced to register as one. He was 15...definiteiy old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. He was unable to control his urges at 15 and imo will likely offend again. I can only hope that cps is taking a very in depth look at his relationship with his own children.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Because of his upbringing, I think he became curious about sexuality slower than others and he never had anyone there to explain to him why doing such things are wrong so he may of never had a clue. in many religious families such subjects are taboo and your just expected to know why such things are so horrible.

So many people whose first experience of sexuality comes by the hands of sisters, brothers, cousins when they were children.so many people I know can attest to playing I show you mine if you show me yours or exploring amongst each other as kids.... I can only start to imagine what everyone engaged in that they aren't willing to disclose.

Again, I'm not excusing his terrible acts but I do not believe he is an sexual predator, I really hope not. His hormones and curiosity kicked in later than most and sex was unspoken of in his household is what I believe.

4. RaiderLL

I totally get what you're saying. Sex was a huge no no in my house, never ever discussed. I was made to cover my eyes if there was a mere kiss in a movie lol. I played "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" when I was 5 with a little boy that I went to school with. The thing is, I was 5. I think some level of curiosity, touchy, feely stuff can be normal amongst kids. I just can't get in line with giving that allowance to a 15 year old. No matter how sheltered a boy is, he knows that pushing his fingers inside his sisters vagina isn't right.

I think people are extremely angered because of one: the hypocrisy that seeps from that family and two: the fact that he suffered ZERO punishment for his crime. He is a young, well off, white male who took advantage of each and every one of those privileges to avoid any consequences from his actions.

You feel he's a changed man and for the sake of his children, I hope you're right north.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Just another beautiful day in mr Rogers neighborhood

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

THIS.

7. 4north1side2

Would you believe there is sexual abuse victims out there who were abused as old as 17 never realising what was happening out to them was wrong, because of there sheltered up bringing they think what is happening to them is normal in all families.

I didn't either until I did some heart breaking research of my own. Because of this, I can believe he wasn't fully aware of what he was doing and how deeply it affects everyone. Its such an difficult heart breaking subject. What a lot of people who want justice for them victims don't realise is that in many instances of rape/incest, they do not want that (in the form of prison) because all it does is revictimize them by reliving the trauma or feeling that there feelings do not matter or they have no control.

Everyday people find out an family member did some unlawful hurtful shit and the duggers handled it the best way pretty much everyone else does/would, in house.

8. RaiderLL

A victims mentality is much different than a predators mentality though. So while I agree some victims who are raised w/ abuse from an early age don't know any different, a predator does.

And I don't necessarily believe jail would've benefited anyone in this case but I do believe he should have had some legal accountability and I definitely believe he should be made to register as the offender he's proven himself to be. Handling this "in house" just allowed his parents to sweep everything under the rug. They shielded him from accountability, likely to protect their own image and income. I don't for a second think that they did what they thought was morally right. They did what was financially in their best interest. They put the safety and feelings of their other children aside for a buck. Doesn't get trashier than that imo.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

absolutely.....as indicated by my use of the word "control".

10. K

K Well-Known Member

You really need to educate yourself better. You are really going to try to say things about others lack of research when you can't even post an accurate definition of a term....why am I not surprised.

Not surprising that you would go on the attack when someone has disclosed that they are a survivor of (any type of) abuse, you've done it several times before. That doesn't dismiss or discount the knowledge or quality of input someone has on the topic.

Truly, I am thrilled that you would not agree with me. While you are busy trying to insult others, you may want to realize that things you have posted about your own activities and abuse are clearly textbook. The more things you post, the more you show yourself.

And please do us all a favor and learn the difference between when to use "a" and "an" when writing.

11. 4north1side2

As an parent your sense of duty is to protect your child and family reigns supreme no matter how bad your child fucks up. Look at all the mothers n auntys who defend male relative murderers in the news "he was a good guy" "he was changing his life for the better"

What good would registering as an sex offender do that jail ccouldn't? Yes I agree his parents protecting their mage probably played a part too, but so many other things played a part of why they chose the path they took.

If you had 19 kids to feed, you would want to protect your finances as well.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

As repulsive and amazing as some of the things that are said (and thought) may be, it can be helpful in understanding why some of these things are so prevalent and why it can be so difficult to get something really done about it.

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly! And the fact that the family was famous made it nearly impossible for those girls to get any help of any kind. If they tell what happen they end up destroying the family's meal ticket so they not only have to suffer in silence, they have to live in the same household with him and act like nothing ever happened.

14. 4north1side2

That's not exactly true bruh, we aren't even sure if all the details surrounding the event even surfaced. I don't even think the victims healing were even touched in the article.

Also another thing people don't realize or consider which may be these victims case here, many victims flat out refuse professional therapy for an variety of reasons (they think pro help is for crazy people, they aren't comfortable, therapy is traumatizing, they do not want to see there abuser as the bad guy) they do not want it and you have to respect their wishes.

When you go against an victims wishes doing what you think is their best interest, they start to see you no different as their abuser stripping them of their power of choice.

As an secondary survivor one too many times, I wish it was so simple but it's not. It's one of the most emotionally agonizing and draining things I've dealt with my whole life.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's also true. People do often forget about that, myself included.

16. 4north1side2

I made an thread regarding this last year and I regret telling now. A dark secret was revealed to me by an close relative and I was entrusted not to tell... even tho I know I wouldn't.

I did well for a few months. We went to an family gathering, everyone was having an mighty good time. Later on, the family got into an deep discussion and people were thanking this abusive asshole like he was some messiah.

I couldn't bare it anymore and just let it out. The fallout was awful, one of most saddest scenes I witnessed immediately ensued. The family thanked me saying that they suspected it all along but the victim held nothing but resent for me. Said I made them feel like shit, they felt helpless, everyone knows how disgusting they are now and now got to live thru all the trauma again.

At the time I thought I was doing the right thing, but the survivor was 100% right, what I did was totally selfish making myself feel better while totally neglecting how they would feel.

These links helped me tremendously to understand what survivors go thru and how to be helpful without overstepping my boundaries

http://pandys.org/forums/

http://www.psychforums.com/sexual-abuse-incest/

This is an great book as well

http://www.amazon.com/Allies-Healing-Person-Sexually-Abused/dp/0060968834

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how fair it is to fuck with him on this do we know his educational background? Just saying.

On the other hand Goodlove has a degree and should know how to type English. :smt081

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Goodlove said he was in grad school too

Goodlove says a lot of things

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Actions become habits and there are just some things you just can't do anymore once you become educated. Fucking up English is definitely one of them. LOL

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

as difficult as it is for a victim...not reporting can and will result in continued abuse...it is also very likely that the abuser moves on to additional victims...how could someone live with themselves knowing that they could have possibly prevented someone else getting hurt...

there is another piece to this...exploratory abuse that evolves into more sinister acts...

i don't think the duggar family did their son or daughters any favors

i also do not subscribe to the notion that it isn't sexual abuse if it is only touching...fuck that shit...touching and fondling is where is starts...penetration is an evolved abuser

family is a place where we should feel safe...too many times these things happen in families where someone has a screw loose...i am not as interested to keep peace in a family as I am about protecting a child...