Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

"There Is Something About Mary" (Mary's mom and step-dad)

"Pulp Fiction" (Mia and Marsellus Wallace)

"Death at a Funeral" (the daughter and her BFs)

2. AfroLove

AfroLove Restricted

I remember watching that a long time ago, when I was a kid, but I can't remember it.

I liked Wesley's performance in One Night Stand but the movie itself didn't really interest me (not the second time I watched it, anyways).

Zebrahead
    O
    Brooklyn Babylon
    Jungle Fever
    Mandingo
    A Bronx Tale (not exclusively about his IR relationship but race was an issue)
    Conviction (w/ Omar Epps, also not exclusively about his IR relationship and race wasn't really an issue with that although it was an issue in the film generally)

etc.

Why are my posts not approved?

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw the screening of the movie. It is good. Wished the love scenes are a little deeper.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I can hear u jerking off

5. Soulthinker

Boy, you joke on that one.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I was hoping Jeri Ryan would get the role of Sue Storm. She was blonde and shapely and had a maturity to match. But Jessica Alba was at the time, the IT girl. She is cute. I thought she did okay as Sue. The casting of Kerry Washington as Alicia Masters was a surprise because I, too remember her as white. I guess the point was that Alicia "felt" Ben Grimm's soul. Handicapped characters often generate sympathy and support for that character.

Superman had a situation in which he faces off against a racist villain named Bloodsport. He fired a pair of smart missiles. Each were targeted to detonate on contact with two people; one for Jimmy Olsen and the other for an interracial couple(bm/ww) who were also friends to Superman and expecting their first child. Bloodsport challenged Superman to decide which he would save first. I forgot what happened because I missed that comic. I never heard much from Bloodsport after that probably because he was from the very beginning, a killer who killed everybody. He even killed an elderly black woman after he saves her from being robbed after killing the robber.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

.....because focus needs TWO threads

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just got done watching the "Annie" 2014 remake. The movie has an IR 'ship with Jamie Foxx & Rose Byrne.

9. Soulthinker

Focus is pretty good. It ranks with Save The Last Dance in sales.

10. Otis

Otis New Member

Blast from the past:

Jungle Fever, no doubt about it. I love it for Samuel L. Jackson's line

I LIKE gettin high!

Hahahahaaaa, love it!

Edit: I had to link to it:
    [YOUTUBE]wTA3qGQouaU?t=2m17s[/YOUTUBE]
    (a spontaneous comedic moment while exposing urban pain...Damn Spike!)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  11. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

A new movie that was shot last year titled "About Alex" has Maggie Grace of "Taken" and "Lost" fame in an IR relationship with a brotha from "RedTails" ~ the flight commander

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Which brother from Red Tails? David Oyelowo, Nate Parker or Ne-Yo? Or Terence Howard or Cuba Gooding, Jr.?

13. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Nate Parker

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Okay. Thanks.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

If you guys are going to jump ahead and list films that haven't come out yet (such as "About Alex").....

Shelter - Anthony Mackie and Jennifer Connelly

Alex of Venice - Derek Luke and May Elizabeth Winstead

Z for Zachariah - Chiwetel Ejiofor and Margot Robbie

The Secret In Their Eyes - Chiwetel Ejiofor and Nicole Kidman

5 Flights Up - Morgan Freeman and Diane Keaton

Happy People - Keith Stanfield and Dree Hemingway

Triple 9 - Chiwetel Ejiofor and Gal Gadot

Love the Coopers - I believe Anthony Mackie and Olivia Wilde (but not completely certain as of now)

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

Olivia Wilde tho......I haven't gotten over her with Omar epps :smt054

17. Soulthinker

JS,lets hope those flicks have some romantic scenes instead of friendship.

18. ColiBreh1

"About Alex" had it's limited theater release, August of last year. It's been out on DVD since November.

19. ColiBreh1

Reading this article, I"m thinking Marisa Tomei is Anthony Mackie's Love interest in the movie, not Olivia Wilde:

20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Looks like you may be right. I was looking for more info about their characters. All I knew was that the two of them were cast at the same time.