The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Benedict Cumberbatch would be perfect as Dr. Steven Strange. Another guy who comes close is soap actor Don Diamont(from The Young & The Restless and The Bold & The Beautiful). He sports a goatee. Or Matthew McCaunaghey , Jeremy Northram or Pierce Brosnan.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Marvel Movies confirmed, including Black Panther...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/28/marvel-confirms-movies-for-black-panther-captain-marvel-more

Captain America: Civil War: May 6, 2016 - Read more about Marvel's Civil War!

Doctor Strange: November 4, 2016 - Get Strange here!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2: May 5, 2017 - Read more about Guardians' date change!

Thor: Ragnarok: July 28, 2017 - Read more about the end of the world for Thor!

Black Panther: November 3, 2017 - Chadwick Boseman cast as Black Panther!

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1: May 4, 2018 - More on the future of the Avengers!

Captain Marvel: July 6, 2018 - Read about Marvel's first female superhero movie!

The Inhumans: November 2, 2018 - More on The Inhumans movie here!

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2: May 3, 2019 - More on the future of the Avengers!

[​IMG]

3. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

Yeah I saw it earlier. Phase 3 is gonna be sick.

4. Morning Star

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I seen the lineup on ign

:smt095

It's like heaven to see dc and marvel go buck wild with their live action shows and movies

6. Morning Star

Chadwick Boseman is to play Black Panther

http://www.newsarama.com/22573-marv...-infinity-war-films-cap-thor-3-subtitles.html

Chadwick Boseman is known for his roles in 42 as Jackie Robinson and James Brown from Get On Up. Now he's been chosen for the role as T'Challa, the Black Panther in Captain America: The Civil War and the Black Panther movie. Finally, after a long time coming, people have finally gotten their wish and now we can see one of the prolific black superheroes to be taken onto the big screen.

Black Panther is [sort of] Marvel's answer to DC's Batman in many ways. The only real obstacle is whether the superhero craze will still hold up for another five to six years.

[​IMG]

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Since Kryptonite has not as yet been introduced in the new DC movie universe...

[YOUTUBE]tDehx9C-BRY[/YOUTUBE]

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

DC had the Black Cat(he often trained and sparred with Batman). I remember back in the 90's when John Singleton wanted to make The first Black Panther film. He wanted Wesley Snipes to play T'Challa. But the money to make the film didn't turn up. In my opinion, I cannot compare The Black Panther to Batman. They have similarities and common goals.
    T'Challa is a prince and is in line to become a king of a county with a lot of natural resources. Bruce Wayne is a millionaire, now billionaire from his family's company holdings. T'Challa is way more wealthier than Bruce Wayne.

T'Challa's only concern is for Wakanda. Bruce Wayne's concern is for Gotham city.

Bruce Wayne as Batman is a ninja. T'Challa's fighting skill sets are Wakandan with a little bit of other martial arts he probably learned in his travels (he probably learn something from Iron Fist some time ago).

Both Batman and The Black Panther are masters of stealth and are highly well trained physically.

Batman is a detective. The Black Panther is a warrior.

Both are very much human and can get hurt or killed.

Bruce Wayne is a playboy. T'Challa, a seeker of knowledge. He's not a horn dog.

T"Challa comes from a long line of men who have become The Black Panther and have protected Wakanda. Bruce Wayne's family had always put the welfare of the citizens of Gotham City first. But Bruce Wayne was the only one to take serious action to protect Gotham City as a symbol working in the shadows and not entirely as himself.

I do not think that T'Challa has a brooding personality as Batman does. But can work with anyone for the common good, like Batman.

If there was a Death Match between these two, I'd say that Batman would win this one. The Black Panther could use his heightened senses to detect Batman. Because of Batman's skill sets, he could counter all of The Black Panther's attacks.

Chadwick Boseman is a good choice to play The Black Panther.

9. Morning Star

You have to remember that Bruce Wayne isn't his actual personality. Rather, it's a mask that he's hiding so that people don't know that he's Batman. The polar opposites personality holds up incredibly well in Wayne's favor, hence it's safer to assume that Batman is the real Bruce Wayne. Though, I would argue that he still holds a weakness for women, so the playboy element is relatively true in many regards.

Looking through Black Panther's history, I'd say that I'm more than inclined to give BP the win if there's a hypothetical match-up between he and Batman.

http://marvel.wikia.com/T'Challa_(Earth-616)

Looking at this, Black Panther actually is a master of all known martial arts, which includes African and unknown fighting styles. The very idea that he's been groomed as a warrior as opposed as just a ninja, I would think would benefit Black Panther more in that regard. Combined with himself being embodied by the spirit of Bast, his powers increased to superhuman levels. He was able to kick Namor like a football hitting a field goal.

Aside from that, he's a master of weapons, marksmanship, expert tracker and hunter, master tactician and many other areas of interest.

10. Morning Star

Terminator: Genisys Info

http://io9.com/terminator-genisys-i...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

[​IMG]

Behold the brand new, totally rebooted cast of Terminator Genisys. They look fine. I mean, it's a cover of a magazine — it is what it is. However, the plot reveal inside the actual magazine issue is a WHOLE OTHER FUCKING MATTER. Spoilers ahead.

Entertainment Weekly has Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, Matt Smith as Mysterious Future Guy and Jason Clarke plays John Connor. Look, these aren't shots from the movie; they're magazine covers, so we don't know if this is actually what the movie will look like at all. I will say that Jason Clarke is a pretty good-looking John Connor. Kyle and Sarah look squinty and the smiling Terminator is just... sigh.

However, inside this reveal was a paragraph that dropped this MASSIVE plot bomb that basically changes the entire fabric of the Terminator universe forever.

Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.
    The hell? So Sarah Connor knows about Terminators this whole time? This negates the awesomeness that is the original Terminator. Also, a little girl being raised by a Terminator is not an action movie, it's a Funny or Die sketch. After the heartbreak that was Terminator Salvation, I really don't know if my soul can take much more of the smearing of the Terminator franchise. I like Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) but DADDY TERMINATOR? No. Fuck that. No.

Hey maybe I'm overreacting, this is a huge twist. Maybe they can pull it off. Maybe I'll be eating my words in a few months. I truly hope so. But I'm also not sure how I'm going to react when Sarah Connor calls the Terminator "pops."

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Full Extended Age of Ultron Trailer

[YOUTUBE]cDaRrUs0jgE[/YOUTUBE]

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

batman ladies and gentlement batman

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol we know batman is capable of making decisions that could cost lives, for the sake of the greater good

That's what makes him contrast so well with superman

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I do agree that the Bruce Wayne/Batman persona has been a personal conflict within him. Two personalities that walk the thin line between light and shadow. Both are of equal strength, yet unpredictable. This would work in Bruce Wayne's favor as a billionaire playboy. As Batman, however, he can attract women who are not initially attracted to Bruce Wayne, as it was shown in Batman Forever. Looking back at BP's powers, when he is in the beast mode, he is stronger than 10-20 of the strongest big cats and I don't think Batman would fair very well if BP is in that mode.

15. Morning Star

It's not so much of utilizing power and more to do with using your overall instinctive means to survive, which both of them do to the greatest bitter. However, with Black Panther....he's constantly doing that given his status, thus making him more than just a leader. He's still a very formidable warrior who has managed to take down skilled fighters like Wolverine and Captain America.

And you are correct about Bruce Wayne/Batman personas. But, I think he's mastered that bit of being two different people without issue, and given that's he learned to be such a person on one end. Then again, you can see a bit of that with Superman, especially in the animated series, when he managed to get even some female villains like Roxy Rocket in his arms. Though differing scenarios and circumstances do apply.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Black Panther took down Captain America and Wolverine? That is impressive since both are very highly skilled combatants(I thought Wolverine was, by far the toughest one to beat).

Clark Kent had been around other women besides Lana Lang and Lois Lane, there was a blonde woman who was a bit of a ditz. Superman had a fling with Wonder Woman and a mermaid named Lorelei. Maxima wanted Superman. And to think that Clark doesn't get lucky with women. I guess if a lot of guys were in his shoes(and there are), all they have to do is move out of the family home and venture out into the unknown.

17. Morning Star

Yup, except that one time when Captain America bested him, he (CA) knew that Panther wasn't his usual self. Remember, Panther knows virtually every form of martial arts, including African and some relatively unknown ones, so he's very formidable in combat.

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I guess if Panther was under an evil influence, I guess it would be possible for Captain America to beat him. I looked at the animated Avengers 2 and Panther was bested by Cap while he was in his pajamas. I had the feeling that Panther, could not beat Cap in that movie which was why that confrontation was so brief.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I loved Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor, she was an innocent and sad. She had to go to a place that she had never in her life been before. She had to develop courage and strength for what was to come. I had never seen Terminator: Salvation or The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I had hoped that the franchise would end there. At one time, actress Cybil Danning was considered for the third installment, but Erika(I think that was her name) Lokking got it and fought Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film. I didn't see that film because I grew tired of it. But this incarnation, I don't know if I could sit through an hour of it. But, it is up to the viewers and how they receive the show.

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I think this ova just came out or something or I have been watching too much naruto to miss this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]