WhiteWomenBlackMen.com

Go Back   WhiteWomenBlackMen.com > DATING ADVICE, RELATIONSHIPS, and ISSUES > Stereotypes and Myths

Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Rocket
Bronze Member

Rocket is an unknown quantity at this pointRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Question? Why do ww women like black men when they get older

This one has always puzzled me. Why do I always hear of stories of ww suddenly liking black men when they get older, have been married with kids, etc. What is the difference between that woman at 25 and that woman at 35. I am very leery, and I repeat very leery of older women that like black men for this very reason. I almost want to say f... off because of the thought of trying to be nice to a woman in her mid 20s just to have her shun me, and then this same used up woman at 35 wanting to go out. A black man is a black man, and has not changed. It not like we are 1995 BMWs, and now you want a 2008 BMW (major difference.) I have always been attracted to all kinds of women, and couldn’t' imagine waking up abruptly one morning an saying "Wow!" " I think that I am now attracted to green women." Any comments?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
dj4monie

dj4monie is on a distinguished roaddj4monie is on a distinguished roaddj4monie is on a distinguished road
Because many of these women didn't have families and friends that accepted there attraction to Black men and married White men. After the kids were either grown or in their teenage years, all of a sudden there was a WIDE disconnect because the woman didn't cave in to her desires.

So she ejects herself from that relationship and seeks the "Black Knight" missing from her life.

That's why.....
dj4monie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #3
satyricon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
So she ejects herself from that relationship and seeks the "Black Knight" missing from her life.
hahaha

There are very few "black knights" (WTF?), but quite a few court jesters.

I don't know what the topic starter is talking about, but where I live there are legions of young and beautiful white women that will date a black man.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Rocket
Bronze Member

Rocket is an unknown quantity at this pointRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
dj4monie- I can sort of understand what you are saying, but I am talking about the ones that treat us like sh.. when they were young, but turn around and date us when they get older. If you are attracted to us, but get married to a white guy because of family pressure, why do you treat us like sh.. when we try to initiate a conversation?? I have had white women tell me point black that they wouldn't give a black man the time of day when they were younger.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
eternalniteman
Bronze Member

eternalniteman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyricon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
hahaha

There are very few "black knights" (WTF?), but quite a few court jesters.

I don't know what the topic starter is talking about, but where I live there are legions of young and beautiful white women that will date a black man.
Lol "Legions" where do you live at? Maybe I need to move lol :P
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
Ronja

Ronja is on a distinguished roadRonja is on a distinguished road
I think the solution is as easy as this:

Generally, as people (men and women) get older, their self confidence rises and they worry less about what others might think. Many also learns to be less shallow...

So some women who didn't have the guts to date BM when they were younger, might have the guts when their older.

Just like a lot of 35 year old men, who have only dated "models" end up marrying a rather plain woman.

It's not because people(both genders) lower their standards as the OP seem to suggest, but because yourself and your values changes as you mature. What's important to a 25 year old, might not be very important to a 35 year old.

Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
alli

alli will become famous soon enoughalli will become famous soon enoughalli will become famous soon enoughalli will become famous soon enough
The difference with the 20 something woman and the 30 something could merely be opportunity. Maybe a younger woman is less likely to approach a man of any race and no black men are approaching her.

Maybe an older woman is less inhibited and more likely to go after what she wants despite any real or perceived social cost.

Maybe she married young, divorced and can now fulfill her desire to explore what's out there.

Maybe she's always been interested in black men but lacked the maturity necessary to overcome the narrow mindedness that she might face from friends, family or society in general.
alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #8
TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne is on a distinguished roadTheChosenOne is on a distinguished roadTheChosenOne is on a distinguished road
People realize with age that you can share values and culture with someone but not be of the same race or creed.

A lot of these white women might not have much contact with blacks growing...not so much because of their family but because a lot of teenage brothas don't make the move. A lot of BM (at least where I am) don't have anything against WW...but they aren't going to go out of their way to chase after one either. Our neighborhoods and schools are fairly segregated so BM and WW just don't have a chance to interact. Also remember that a child's social network has a lot to do with the parents and who they socialize with....which means that if a WW's parents attend an all-white church...the child will too and that goes for BM whose parents attend an all-black church.

In other words...it's hard for young BM & WW to start relationships with each other when they often don't even interact as simply friends. This doesn't even take into account all of the black and white families that purposefully fill their children's heads with all kinds of nonsense about people of other races.

When the white women go to college...they see men everywhere but considering that whites are the vast majority of the population in most Western nations....it's simply easier to find a WM than a BM just on sheer numbers....numbers that are even more skewed in a college setting. It's probably not until they enter the workplace that most WW have any meaningful contact with BM (and vice-versa)....it's then that they realize that the differences that they thought existed....aren't really as great as suspected.

Of course by their mid-30's, these women have often married and had kids...so the door gets shut barring some unforseen marital conflict.

Let's also remember that some WW are shy when approaching BM. Most BM are used to being rejected because of race....some brothas won't care while others will approach WW only with great trepidation.

WW that are truly into BM for reasons other than sex don't have the same air of cockiness that you see from the WW that think they can have any BM if they lift up their skirt. Brothas sometimes will put up a wall and while not rejecting WW....we may give off the impression that "Going White Wouldn't Be Right"......in an attempt to 'Out-Black" our homeboys and not appear "weak."

Ok I'm tired of writing about this.....maybe someone can grab the baton and finish this race.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #9
Rocket
Bronze Member

Thanks for all of the feedback. I guess for me I am having a hard time understanding this because I am not like that. This is not a direct analogy, but I hated pickles when I was a child, I hated pickles in my 20s, and I still hate pickles in my 30s and will until the day I die. It makes me wonder then how many women are kicking themselves in the tails because of opportunities they may have lost out on. I am not a mean, spiteful, or vindictive person, but I CANNOTT tolerate a woman who thought that she was too good to date me in a prior life.

I guess that there are a lot of black guys that have been made to feel like second-class citizens from women that are looking for a white man. Even if a black man is really good looking with a white woman, he still gets looked at side ways from a white woman that may be with an average Joe white man.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
veema

veema is on a distinguished roadveema is on a distinguished roadveema is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
Thanks for all of the feedback. I guess for me I am having a hard time understanding this because I am not like that. This is not a direct analogy, but I hated pickles when I was a child, I hated pickles in my 20s, and I still hate pickles in my 30s and will until the day I die.
lol. I didn't like cheese as a kid. When I left home, I grew to be an adventurous eater. After more exposure to cheese, I learned to love it. Sometimes tastes evolve.

That said, at my age, I probably wouldn't date a black man who suddenly started dating white women. Only because I'm more comfortable with men who understand or can relate to the experience of being in an interracial relationship. And yes, I'd be a little suspicious of what made them change their mind at this stage in the game.
veema is offline   Reply With Quote