Woman spank kids for stealing but she goes to jail

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove8, Jun 24, 2016.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

In this respect, a lot of these so-called gender equality groups want to do away with the aspects of toxic/hypermasculinity that doesn't benefit them, while simultaneously keeping the aspects that do benefit them. It's a sick joke at the end of the day.

You can tell how much someone isn't actually for gender equality if they start there comments with, "A real man would..." or a "real woman would...".

Kind of reminds me of that new advertisement that says, "Are you man enough to vote for Hillary?". But, I am sure that belongs in another thread.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Says you. There is a strong line between spanking and abuse and I'm not talking about abuse. I'm talking about putting the fear of God in an under developed mind because they are incapable of seeing the consequences of actions long term. Most kids can't be told not to do something and actually follow directions. I never stole as a child not because I "knew" stealing was wrong but because my mom or dad would give that wait till we get home look and I kept eyes forward and hands in my damn pockets. I never did dumb shit that was considered normal because of that fear and it probably saved me from countless interactions with the police. It kept me from inviting bullshit into my life.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol find it. I said people dont get respect for skin color. In other words I don't have respect for a bw just because she is black. It has to be earned. Of course my mom deserves it.

Since you are so good with digging up old stuff. Find that post. Lol

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Literally never head this statement before. A woman's womanhood is never really directed attacked. Maybe her virtue but not what it actually means to be a woman.

5. meowkittenmeow

Well, says, me and the statistical data proving the cycle of abuse as well as the multitude of black men in prison that were beaten, but somehow remain there. I still am not sure why you think hitting an underdeveloped little child isn't abuse. I wouldn't hit a 5'4" woman for doing wrong, why would I hit a 4'5" child for doing wrong?

6. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Hell I made a thread on that awhile back. It was about back handed compliments on black fathers.

http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27985

In it I was saying hi people seem to think so little of men that when we do anything that's father like they would bring out a parade. Or it just seems like a backhanded compliment Maybe by mistake or whatever but that's how Low its gotten as far as far as I'm concerned

7. meowkittenmeow

I personally don't hear it in this decade or the previous one. I think it is an old term from a different age. But, I think you overall get my point.

8. meowkittenmeow

To your credit, the story is about a black woman beating her kids.

This does happen often in the black community.

And finally, that doesn't make you a coon or sellout for pointing that out.

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I have a problem with spanking but at the same time (I know I'm contradicting myself) there's a proper way of spanking. I do think it's not as productive people think it is

10. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Actually it does. The whole conversation has been about people spanking. Everyone spanks. White people do too. He's trying to make it out if you look at it in context about black women. Go back and look. The studies never mentioned race is talked about people as a whole being spanked

Show me where we talked about black women and this whole conversation of this thread until beasty came in

11. meowkittenmeow

To clarify;

My comments are in reference to beatings/Assault (hitting the face, head, and so on)

As well as beatings/assault with a weapon (grabbing things like a belt or a switch, or a brush, or an iron, or an iron cord, and so on).

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No doubt.

I even pointed out the fact that she shouldn't be arrested.

Good love Will be Good love. Lol

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

OK. Gotchas. Then yeah that's abuse

14. meowkittenmeow

A good article on that subject...

http://www.damemagazine.com/2015/08/24/are-black-mothers-beating-their-sons-misogyny

15. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

you brought up "bw"...go back and read.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Go Find that post where you claim I was hating on bw.

17. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

That's a fantastic article. It goes with what's been said about men going to jail. Also note in the article it mentions scientific research about people who spank their kids. It doesn't mention black people whi spank their kids.
    From the article. It just asked about bw beating their kids.

Decades of scientific research has concluded that despite the commonly held belief that corporal punishment used by loving parents is harmless, even the mildest forms of spanking a child can have harmful side effects that reach into adulthood, including mental health issues, the inability to reason or regulate emotions, criminal behaviors, aggression, and spousal abuse.
    The first place children learn relationship skills and social behaviors is at home. And their first teachers are their parents or other caregivers. So if a child is growing up in a home where they witness violent relationships, or if they are being hit by a parent, then we should not be surprised that some go on to perpetuate these patterns as adults. If a mother hits her son, she is effectively teaching him that violence is an acceptable, even normal part of intimate relationships, at that anger, frustration, and power can be expressed by hitting.
    A report from Time magazine showed that “children spanked have higher chances of becoming aggressive by age 5 and can lead to spousal abuse. There is substantial, researched evidence that physical punishment makes it more, not less, likely that children will be defiant and aggressive in the future. Women who were spanked as children often have trouble establishing boundaries in relationships and are more vulnerable to domestic violence. Men who were hit, in turn, often have trouble recognizing other people’s boundaries and are more at risk to become abusers. Children who are not hit tend to have broader vocabularies and reasoning skills than children who are spanked, especially when the hitting occurs during the toddler and preschool years.”

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Word. Ass whoopings, combined with ivolved parents kept me generally straight and narrow.
    Yes it has. I don't have a record.

Never really been harassed by cops, but that's more out of my control.

19. meowkittenmeow

That is anecdotal evidence and not scientifically backed by statistical data and studies.

The part you seemed to have missed is that it may have worked for you, but you are the minority, not the majority. The reality is that you don't know any different than two or one parents beating your ass, so you honestly can't assume you are somehow better off for it without scientif study and statistical data proving your theory to be correct.

Ultimately, actual studies mixed with the current state of our community tell a very different story than you. Iunderstand that you feel getting beaten made you into a good man. As I said before many times now... if that is true, you are the minority, not the majority.

20. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

The scientific example and the article you posted used extreme forms of punishment. All those dudes were beaten with metal pipes and had chairs and lima bean cans thrown at them laced with the words "motherfucker" and "you ain't shit". Of course that is excessive. I would need something more specific that showed the effects of "normal spankings" on the ass on the hand in comparison to the effects of striking someone with a wiffle bat while calling them a fat pig.