BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

I don't watch the show, I only saw that part because mom watches the show & it was time to give her eyedrops, I just caught it at the right time.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's crazy, I interned with the US Attorney's office too. I didn't get anywhere near the politics though.

Your description makes sense. I'm for sure more of a relationship guy, but at least we finally got Melissa doing the types of scenes we all expected after season 1 of Supergirl lol

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just watched last week's episode of "Fire Country" (Season 2, Episode 5):

Jake has been planning to propose to Cara for the last couple episodes or so, but she died due to injuries from the accident in the promo clip I posted at the end of the episode. Also the other characters finally found out about Cara's secret.

• List
  4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Do you mind throwing up some spoiler tags and letting us know how the ir couple goes? I'm trying to figure out if this show is worth my time. Thx man

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Why is this not even a little surprising?

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The Black husband cheats on his wife. The wife tries to get back with her white ex. Black husband develops a problem with alcohol. She finds out she’s pregnant with Black husband’s baby. They both end their extramarital side hustles. He goes into treatment for alcoholism. At the end of season 1, Black husband is killed by a man obsessed with the woman with whom he had been cheating. Wife marries her ex at the beginning of season 3. This recap does not have narrative nuance and downplays the religious focus of the story. Some might think it’s lovely, but it’s not my cup of tea. I think they fell into a common IR trap. Black man as prep and circumstance for the real love interest.

the actress who plays the wife is very attractive, if that’s any consolation.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a mixed bag for sure and in a way it is the same old same old, but I do like how they committed to staying together and working on their marriage. And if the Black man had not died they would have been together because she chose him over the White guy, in fact they chose each other. Of course it all ended in a predictable racist manner. Hollywood racism in a nutshell.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah that is NOT a good bm/ww IR. Nor is it good for Black Male Characters in TV & Cinema. They clearly used him to make themselves("white love") look good. That's Hollywood racism indeed when they do Black Men foul to add a white love story.

9. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Aaron Clifton Moten (Maximus) & Ella Purnell (Lucy) Season 1 Episode 7 On Fallout TV Series

[​IMG]

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The daughter Kate from Army Of The Dead 2021
    [​IMG]
    Cool

• List
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That is straight awful. Pretty much the opposite of what I like to see. No joke, thanks for sharing and saving me the trouble of watching that mess.

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I liked it but
    I wish they actually fucked when they were at Vault 4...there this weirdass thing in Liberal Hollywood where they do unneeded slow roles and have the Black guy get offered sex but choose not to smash. Meanwhile they will have these white girls instantly fuck some irrelevant white side character. Reminds me of Wynonna Earp where they let Wynonna be in a triangle with Dolls and Doc Holiday...but Dolls aint allowed to smash that. Nah some random white one night stand can get some though...Obviously I don't think Fallout will be that bad. THere is no triangle BS, and the other main white dude is ugly (The Ghoul) and not interested. Still just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

LOL. When I saw these posts about the Amazon's "Fallout" show yesterday, I was meh about it becuz of the lack of info in the posts. But hours later I saw some of the anti-IRRs Twitter crowd (@Rollx007 knows the crowd I'm talking about) complaining about the 'ship becuz the chick involved in the IR 'ship is the female lead. Also the Wikipedia page for the show has the brotha as 2nd billing. OK, I'm in. Y'all should've lead with that info. I assumed it was just a minor irrelevant 1-episode kiss involving minor recurring/guest characters.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah posters here really need to work on selling shows lmao.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I legit had this Fallout show confused with the upcoming Borderlands movie. I was like "why is that on Amazon???" and "where is Kevin Hart???" LOL!

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I get exactly what you mean. Craziest part is I bet at least half the time these writers and producers don't even do this bs consciously.

17. ColiBreh1

LMAO, me too! I was confused about Amazon's whole promotion the last month and didn't finally realize this Amazon "Fallout" show & the upcoming "Borderlands" film are 2 completely different Hollywood projects until I saw the posts in this thread a couple days ago.

18. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

New Series: Fallout
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 22.41.10.png

Starring Ella Purnell as Lucy and Aaron Clifton Moten as Maximus (Pictured)

also starring:

Walton Giggins
    Moisés Arias
    Leslie Uggams

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I just watched the first 2 episodes. Reading your spoiler is even worse after
    the entirely unnecessary "wedding night" sex scene in episode one.
    This kinda thing really is annoying.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

• List