Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No more common core for FL. Thank you Ron de Santis. Getting rid of dysfunction one bad idea at a time.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Gov Ralph Northam: "It's not me"
    "Ok it is me"
    "Well, you know, it's not me. IDK how it got there".

"(But it's me) as MJ".
    ("but that isn't me")

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm insulted that Governor Northam doesn't believe we know that MIDNIGHT black photo looks nothing like Michael Jackson even in the Seventies!! What would MJ be doing standing next to a KKK costume anyway?? He must resign by Monday because this is all the Sunday services in the Old Dominion are going to be talking about tomorrow . . . when was Michael Jackson midnight BLACK?? How could he not instantly denounce that yearbook photo at first sight as an outrage and not him at all if it was indeed an editors error??

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

MJ was never that shade, especially in 1985.

Only caught bits of his interview while driving but have read more in the article (below).
    Wow. The things he said to explain himself. He is saying that's not him and "he only used a bit of polish" to look like MJ.

The DNC thought, and were told that he was going to resign today.
    [​IMG]

Instead we heard a really weird press conference.

More...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ook-picture-featuring-blackface-KKK-robe.html

He also revealed this...

[​IMG]
    His nicknames... ^

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

OMG, is this a joke??

Wife stops Governor Northam from performing Michael Jackson's Moonwalk because it would be 'inappropriate' , after reporter asked him if he could still perform it at car crash press conference

[​IMG]
    :eek:

6. Young Herschel

Yes indeed. He paused and looked around to the floor surrounding the podium to judge if there was room enough for him to do his best MJ impersonation via moonwalking for a few seconds . . . then thought better of it and deferred to his wife standing by his side who interjected herself noting that he could do so at "an appropriate time & place". I watched the whole press conference and taped it just in case I didn't get home by 2:30 to catch it live lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Young Herschel

I'm also outraged at the institutional racism of his alma mater which approved of his med school yearbook. Just think how many deserving black applicants were wrongfully rejected by Eastern Virginia Medical back in the 1980's because they weren't wanted there . . . and people think affirmative action is outdated (SMFH).

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Refused to shake opponent's hand...

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This was written shortly before midterms
    Democrats are running to the middle to win the midterms
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...lections-moderates-indiana-ohio-west-virginia

You have a source for your claim that Bernie bots are the Dems that won the House seats??

Until you get a far lefty in the white house, your ideas aren't main stream.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Did you follow the midterm elections?? The Dems ran on universal healthcare, a higher minimum wage, free higher education, a green economy, typical progressive issues.

There were more midterm elections than just in Ohio, Indiana and West Virginia.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Source? If it happened, someone wrote about it.

You're trying to tell me the democratic party has been taken over by Bernie bots and no one wrote anything about it? Not one person?

AOC gets plenty of coverage, but not one person wrote about Bernie bots being the main ones being elected to the house??
    [​IMG]

I don't follow politicians like that. Why should I? Most of them lie, and there is always a source after the fact.

Why do I need to watch a speech to find out what actually happened?

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I don't get why you keep calling them bots. Its people who are fighting for progressive ideals. Medicare for all polls more than 60 percent so does a New Green Seal. I guess conservatives could try it but it wouldn't land well since its opposite to everything they stand for which only benefits the wealthy. So use simple math do you think the majority of Americans side with shit that benefits a small group of individuals that ain't them or they want policies that will create jobs and make healthcare a right not a privilege?
    You're usually so reasonable I don't get where the mental block is coming from on these topics other than you live Florida (seriously no shade you have a completely different brand of politics down there)

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't have the patience with you playing dumb.

Lets go with Facts. Still no source to support the "tide is changing" bullshit
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/17/hou...for-majority-after-midterm-election-wins.html

• The candidates who won GOP-held seats were largely more mainstream than the unabashed liberals who won in bluer districts.

But despite their clear progress this year, self-proclaimed progressives did not take a stranglehold on the House, as Republicans contend. Nearly all Democrats who flipped GOP-held seats were more mainstream candidates — ones who House Democrats' campaign arm would say "fit" their ideologically split districts.

Where is your source for the tide is changing and people want blah blah.....?

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Beasty, you're gonna make me post the platforms of EVERY Dem who won a seat in Congress during the midterms.
    But I'm gonna do it, just to show you that Bernie's progressive message in 2016 has become the mainstream of the Democratic party.

I'll be back.:D

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Everything that Berners are pushing has been put forth before by Dems and have always been "mainstream" within the party. Medicare For All was first put forth by John Conyers in 2003. HRC was pushing Universal Health Care as First Lady in the 90s. 70% tax rate on millionaires and billionaires is also nothing new. If they still taught history and Poli Sci classes, millennial Bernie-Bots wouldn't be so clueless

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Berniecrats did not flip ONE SEAT from red to blue in the 2018 midterms

AOC only won with 1200 votes and notably WITHOUT Bernie's endorsement

HRC beat Bernie in 2016 by 3M+ votes

People want centrists no matter what Russian bots say

Keep preaching to these heathens

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]