Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

2. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Star Wars Rogue One Prequel Series
    Thu, Nov 8

Disney just announced a brand new live-action Star Wars series that will serve as a prequel to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Disney Chairman Bob Iger revealed the new series on the fourth quarter earnings call for investors.

The series will feature Diego Luna's character of Cassian Andor in the early formation of the Rebel Alliance, set before the events of Rogue One, and will premiere exclusively on Disney+, which is the newly unveiled name of the company's upcoming streaming service.

The Star Wars website described the series thusly:

"The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced."

https://bit.ly/2AU4AK3

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  3. SilverSmith

The folks over at EA DICE have released a fresh new trailer for Star Wars: Battlefront II‘s next update with a new look at the Battle of Geonosis, featuring a younger Obi-Wan Kenob in full action.

4. SilverSmith

Watch Darth Vader slaughter Rebel scum in the new anime-styled short that endeavors to introduce the classic themes, central moments and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga to the next generation. All six new shorts are streaming on the Star Wars YouTube channel for kids.

5. SilverSmith

Is it Christmas yet?

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This looks OK, but then again The Last Jedi trailer looked promising too, and that movie is unwatchable for me now. Still, I'm holding out hope that JJ Abrams can salvage this franchise. I'm also glad they finally got around to putting Lando in one of these movies.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

It looked like Lando was back to flying the Falcon.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Are little girls lining up to see the Star Wars movies??

I still think the casting and marketing of these movies is all wrong.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

JJ Abrams will, at a minimum, make this entertaining with a generally coherent story line. And that is all I ask for.

10. SilverSmith

Thanks to the new teaser my heart's racing and my mind has been blown to smithereens. If J.J. can't deliver, nobody can.

[​IMG]

11. SilverSmith

ReSpawn Entertainment's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a new third-person action adventure game launching November 15th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Origin. Peep the promo trailer.

12. SilverSmith

The first poster for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
    Behold:

[​IMG]

13. SilverSmith

Disney has confirmed that Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be returning with 12 all-new episodes exclusively on its new streaming service.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  14. SilverSmith

A few of the upcoming books/magazines connected to the Rise of Skywalker movie:

[​IMG]

Publisher: Abrams
    Author: Phil Szostak
    Art: Lucasfilm Art Department
    Format: Art of
    Description: The official behind-the-scenes concept, production, and post-production art for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Go inside the creative process behind the most anticipated film of the century. The latest trilogy in the Star Wars film series brings the Skywalker Saga to a close and The Art of The Rise of Skywalker will take readers into the creative process behind visualizing the epic worlds, creatures, characters, costumes, weapons and vehicles of the landmark conclusion more than 40 years in the making.
    On-sale: 12/20/2019

[​IMG]

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary

Publisher: DK
    Author: Pablo Hidalgo
    Format: Reference
    Description: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary is a 200-page definitive guide to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, revealing the characters, creatures, droids, locations, and technology from the new film. Packed with 500+ images and information, plus cross-sections of new vehicles, as penned by Star Wars scribe Pablo Hidalgo, it’s a must-have for all fans who want to go beyond the movie experience.

[​IMG]

Publisher: Titan
    Author: Various
    Format: Magazine special
    Description: An in-depth collector’s edition featuring material from long-awaited the all-new Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker, including interviews with the cast and crew and exclusive imagery.

[​IMG]

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Official Guide

Publisher: DK
    Author: Matt Jones
    Format: Reference
    Description: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Official Guide is a 96-page informative guide to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker for younger fans, revealing the characters, creatures, droids, locations, and technology from the new film. Packed with images and information, it’s the perfect companion for those who want to relive the movie outside of the theater.

15. SilverSmith

Disney Sets New ‘Star Wars’ Movies for 2022, 2024, and 2026
    Tue, May 7

Disney has announced the schedule for three new Star Wars movies starting on December 16, 2022, with new films arriving December 20, 2024, and Dcember 18, 2026.

No details of the new films have been verified - however they are not expected to follow the same storyline that Disney bills as "concluding" with December 20's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson and Game Of Thrones executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have both signed on to create their own series of original Star Wars films, either of which could fit the bill for this new trilogy.

Disney plans to release each film on the pre-Christmas weekend of each respective year - alternating that release weekend with films from James Cameron's Avatar series (now owned by Disney thanks to their purchase of 20th Century Fox) scheduled to release in 2021. 2023, and 2025.

shorturl.at/atyLR

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

Vanity Fair's special Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker preview issue (with 2 original covers).

Read the cover story: http://strw.rs/6003EYNRR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

If Finn is romantically linked to Jannah, it's not a big deal for me. His relationship with Rey is utterly devoid of chemistry.

18. SilverSmith

Vanity Fair goes behind-the-scenes of Episode IX:

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The rumors I've read is that Jannah might be Finn's long lost (twin) sister. The speculation is that JJ Abrams wanted to add the long lost twin angle as another homage to the classic trilogy.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  20. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I checked out of this trilogy after the last jedi. Such a pile of garbage - sorry, subverted garbage, they subverted our expectations to such a degree that I couldn't even muster interest in the Rey kung fu theater trailer. I feel like there's nothing JJ can do to redeem it.