The Message Behind Upcoming Movie "Get Out" (IR Lead Couple)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ooieooie, Dec 18, 2016.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Nope he's spoofing black people's biases towards WHITES.

The movie's joke is THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU DATE WHITE WOMEN AND GO OFF INTO THE COUNTRY WITH WHITE PEOPLE

Mind you I'm going strictly by the trailer

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What? What trailer did you watch. It's a horror film

3. RicardoCooper

A "HORROR" FILM BASED ON THE EXAGGERATED IDEA OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU AS A BLACK MAN IF YOU DATE WHITE WOMEN, HANG OUT WITH WHITE PEOPLE, OR GO OUT TO THE COUNTRY WITH THEM, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE SCARE TACTICS MANY BLACK MEN HAVE HEARD BEFORE TO KEEP THEM FROM DATING WHITE WOMEN.

Jesus some of ya'll negroes is slow as fuck

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. The Dark King

Or it can be coming from the mind of man who has dated white women in areas like this. Like I said get out of the city once in awhile.
    I've definitely been that black dude who's dated a girl who's family lives a more rural area with far less black than I'm comfortable with. Driving those roads late at night where the only light comes from your car ain't fun.
    Sorry we aren't all one dimensional dudes

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

A common trope in horror movies is the main protagonist being at risk because he or she is an outsider.
    Making that outsider a BM in an IR relationship IMO turns up the anxiety factor, I just don't think Peele is trying to send some mixed message about IR relationships, but I can understand how others will see it that way because of the obvious racial element.

I just don't believe it was something political or subliminal on Peele's part. IMO he probably doesn't see IR as that big a deal.
    I'm really curious to see how this movie does in theaters and if there will be White moviegoers who get offended by it, since any time White characters do something bad to Black characters, by definition it looks racially motivated.lol

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

lol. What I got from the trailer that it seems to be a town/neighborhood where it seems all the black people that are there have been brainwashed to be subservient to the white people
    in the town. They seemed to have made the town fit their way of living where white supremacy is accepted. It kind of looks like it is ran like an modern plantation. Can't wait to see this film.

7. Luvu2Death

Luvu2Death Active Member

Absolutely dude! That's all I got from this stupid trailer and an even further joke of a movie months ago.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Seems a stretch. Considering you know the creator is married to a white woman.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

10. ColiBreh1

Totally 2 different not comparable situations.

11. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Soon, they'll be calling this movie "Oscar bait".

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I'm going to see a screening of that flick tonight.

13. ColiBreh1

WTF are you talking about? This is a comedy-horror film being released in February. NO ONE looks at this as a Oscar bait movie. Do you know what an Oscar Bait movie is?

14. ColiBreh1

I saw this on my Twitter timeline:

[​IMG]

15. darkcurry

Wow, she makes a BEAUTIFUL blonde!

16. darkcurry

He's woke! Recognize the racism on both sides. One thing I rolled my eyes at with SOME of these celebrities calling out racism from Trump and his supporters
    was how silent, tolerant and even defended the racism in their own industry, the entertainment industry... AND the justice system. Hypocritical.

Anyways I saw him on Late Night with Seth Meyers and he described it like The Stepford Wives but about race.

17. The Dark King

Holy shit why is it so hard for them to cast actual African Americans in American movies. Wtf

18. ColiBreh1

LOL! You didn't know Daniel Kaluuya was British? His last name should've been a giveaway he wasn't African-American.

19. ColiBreh1

This. I've gotten to the point, I no longer take most non-blacks complaining about racism seriously. Most of them are hyproctites who don't have shit to say about the 'cism that goes on in their industries, communities, or even in thier foreign countries.

20. RicardoCooper

The fuck is the matter with you?