The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Understood. You make a good point. You're arguing from an equity in casting perspective. I was just arguing from a logical consistency standpoint.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Suuuuuuuuuuuure :p

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bet crickets are chirping in the halls of white comics fandom about this race swap. But, you let a minority get cast in one of their many, many, many roles and they lose their collective, pimply faced, sunshine challenged, non date having minds.

Yes, I know that's a stereotype. I'm using it on purpose.

4. orejon4

Hey, take it easy Samson1701, lol. Some of us pigment-rich guys have trouble getting a date as well, lol.

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I don't even count nick fury.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I missed watching the game last night, but holler if you still want to Skype.

I haven't played the game since early 2007 so memories are fuzzy about the game details, but I do know you want to upgrade to the Hylian shield before you head to the Goron Mines for sure. My son tells me I'm weird for stocking up before I head to the temples rather than just jumping in. I just don't like unnecessary backtracking. I suppose it's the perfectionist in me. As I've told you before, I'm one of those people who like to complete every part of the game...item, heart pieces, side quests, etc. I'm determined to do it all.

Good point. An androgynous look is a versatile look, which definitely works in that type of role.

7. orejon4

Did you catch her in Orlando, where her character changes sexes through the ages?

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Your son doesn't understand the concept of "in case shit happens." :smt025

9. orejon4

Did you catch her in Orlando, where her character changes sexes through the film?

10. Morning Star

[YOUTUBE]7vDFFNbiuYs[/YOUTUBE]

11. Morning Star

[YOUTUBE]QS6ll71A9Bs[/YOUTUBE]

12. Morning Star

[YOUTUBE]oWV9ATjvQ9Q[/YOUTUBE]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Uncle Ruckus Is Bebop In TMNT 2

Actor Gary Anthony Williams has been cast to play the criminal thug/henchman Bebop in the sequel to current Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles big screen take. WWE wrestler Stephen Farrelly aka Shemus is reported to have been cast for the role of Rocksteady. No word yet on if the two characters will be transformed into their iconic warthog and rhino mutant forms in the sequel, but more than likely they will be.

[​IMG]

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

SHOCKING!

jk.....i think it's awesome to include the notable pair.....they were a staple in the cartoons and video games

Now...if only they could include that brain with the huge robot body

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they would have cast another brother as Rocksteady, then I would have been like "Hold up".....:p

There were some production concept designs from the first movie floating around that suggest they were originally going to have Krang in the first movie but decided to hold off to see how the movie did. He might show up in this one, just have to wait and see.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Patented michael bay move....remember the homeboy transformers pair?

At least he would be consistent with his 'minority' casting

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I guess that was suppose to be his version of "atonement" for killing off Jazz in the first Transformers movie since Darius McCrary was the voice for the character, technically making Jazz the "black" Autobot.

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember the first animated adaptation when Jazz was voiced by Scatman Crothers. And Jazz lived until the Unicron incident in the big screen adaptation leading to Optimus Prime's death.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

ill be glad when they put the rhino in the spiderman movie

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member