Harold Perrineau: Stop Saying My Daughter’s Not Black Enough for ‘Jem and the Hologra

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by samson1701, Oct 25, 2015.

1. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

your opinion is quite obvious....

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Rachel Dolezal doesn't have at least ONE black parent. So how does she fit with the logic you are trying to employ to make your point?

3. TERRASTAR18

i'm not claiming she is.....i'm using your own argument. if she identifies as black by your definition she is black,right?:D

and the criteria is two black parents.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

FIXED.

5. TERRASTAR18

and yours is if they say they are black they automatically are....

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Having an opinion and "trying to make biracials black" isn't the same thing is it?

I just want to know how much black DNA do you think the average black person in this country has because percentages define black according to your definition.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you say so, Professor....

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

At least 3/5?

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah it's kind of like we'll treat you like shit until "they" treat us like shit too so now we're all together
    I can see someone adopting well you aren't really black because you're only black because someone else says you are but I (figurative I not me TDK) can't ever escape this shit and that's really defining straw of this whole thing.
    Truthfully we're all a bunch of self important meat bags thinking we're special and love to create little dramas to define our existence. Unfortunately the majority of us are way too stupid and fearful to see that.

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

11. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

There are no biological, nor genetic basis on "race." Phenotypical differences are not exclusive to any one group, given that race is nothing more but an institutionalized social construct, further perverse by a German psuedo-anthropologist by the name of Johann Blumenbach. Just because you hold the societal stigma of being identified based on region, doesn't make it so. Otherwise, it would be virtually biologically impossible for people to procreate, let alone communicate in a complex way compared to the non-human animal species within the animal kingdom.

12. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

These types never seem to use their time/energy/passion for Blackness in actually creating or doing anything of substance for Black people. Why not create and support their own characters/movies/roles and cast all the "real" black people they want instead of telling others how they should invest their time and money.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The closest to that goal was BET before it was sold to Viacom. There are the plays of Tyler Perry and others. Then there are the underground venues in the larger cities and communities that are sponsored by the church. Called the "Chitlin Circuit," the audience is quite small and resources are limited. Not many whites go to these productions(none, actually). Some of them are off Broadway productions. BET used to encourage their viewers to support black owned businesses and artists. It used to cover sporting events at HSBCUs. Tyler Perry's success isn't enough(now that he has a committed relationship). Oprah Winfrey's success isn't enough. Not even President Barack Obama isn't enough. I think that black people are becoming more and more selfish these days.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

So on point

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

A valid point. There aren't even enough roles for non-white actors in numbers proportionate to our share of the general population. I think the interracial dating/marriage/childbirth numbers are going to continue to increase in the future and sharply so, and soon mixed race people will be far more visible in society generally. It doesn't address the lack of roles for wholly black women (or men, for that matter), but I think increased casting of actors of 'indeterminate race' is only going to worsen the problem. Sadly, it seems as if black (including the "somewhat black", lol) actors are going to be forced to squabble over a shrinking number of roles, rather than what should be happening: namely, decreasing the number of roles that go to white actors. After all, the white population is the segment that is decreasing as a share of the overall population. Shouldn't white actors be facing a decreasing number of roles overall, rather than continuing to have near-hegemony in Hollywood?

This makes me want to watch Psych! Lol

Your "human beings suck" stance is starting to make sense to me too...lol