NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

That was a surprising game.

On a side note, I'm now 0-4 in my pay league. Granted this weekend was going to be rough, as all but 2 players on my bench were on BYE this week, but I expected more from Nick Foles. He was my backup to Peyton.

His fantasy scores from week 1-3: 18, 19, 32. He gave me THREE points yesterday. :smt076

I ended up with 40 total points for this week. 40. Ridiculous. My 3-0 opponent ended up with 58 points. Pathetic that I couldn't beat him.

I guess now my new goal is to go 0-12. :-|

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Me too. My entire lineup was slated to kill it yesterday and nearly every one choked. Calvin Johnson got 1 point. ONE. Yesterday was my easiest opponent and I've already lost. I want a do over lol.

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Sorry Bookie, I had to bring it back...

[​IMG]

And I picked Chicago to win this past week too.

4. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

I second this post.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Damn, the Patriots are getting drug right now. I can't remember the last time I saw Tom Brady play this badly. It actually makes me feel better about the Falcons shitting the bed yesterday :smt104

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Fuck the Patriots

I'm the biggest loser this week. Smh

7. Bookworm616

Fuck the Packers. Lol. I hate that team!! :p

8. Bookworm616

I'm happy that Jamaal Charles did amazing tonight. If only he was on my team in the pay league, it would've been even better!

I forgot to mention in my rant yesterday: fuck the Carolina Defense. -7 in week 3 & -8 points in week 4. Fuck them.

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I feel your rant!!!!

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Yeah it had to suck losing to the Pack at Soldier Field nonetheless. At least you're not like my 0-4 Jaguars.

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. :(

12. Bookworm616

I've always like the Jaguars. Especially because they can't seem to win a game.

But this year, this year, what the f*ck? They show up guns blazing in the first half and then like disappear in the second.

What is going on with them??

13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

The previous GM left us with a hot mess of a team on both sides of the ball. Gus Bradley is a good coach in my opinion but he's not a miracle-worker or a wizard with magical powers. Blake Bortles makes the future look a little promising and I do mean just a little. Drafting Blane Gabbert in the 1st round back in 2011 set us back a few years so I'm looking at 2015 before we can actually consider ourselves a legit contender.

14. Bookworm616

If they could just keep the momentum going after halftime. It's like they go into the locker room at halftime and breathe a collective sigh and think to themselves, okay we can relax now.

I do see them turning things around in the near future. I just wish they could finish out a game with as much drive as when they start the game.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LOl, I figured as much. Next time, listen to Bliss and not Since and Bookie. [​IMG]

16. Bookworm616

LOL! That game was a fluke!

Too many flukes this season. I don't like it.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Our talented QB took some serious licks the prior week. His O-line has also been decimated, along with some guys playing out of position.

Plus, if Shady had made the necessary block in the final drive for the failed TD Foles threw, we'd have gotten the lead and the win.

The Rams are a must win.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He always struck fear in me when he got the ball... he was like a machine, bulling through our D-line (a lot of times)...carrying 2-3 with him. I would often think he might be on 'roids.

Whatever is going on, I hope he doesn't harm himself or anyone else, and gets help. :(

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

. Blissamondo knows. Lol

I know right. It's very weird and it's pissin me off.

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'm sad for him. He was one of my favorites on the team. I hope all is well.