Should a woman fix her man's plate first or her children's?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Jul 21, 2015.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Aww snap

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lol I saw that on FB and the answer is YES. My kids are old enough that they could probably fix their own plates at this point, but I'm their mommy. That's MY job. Same with my guys plate. If my family is over, I fix my step dads plate too.

We trade off cooking in our house though so when my guy cooks, he fixes everyone's plates. There's no need in me even trying to help because he'll tell me to go relax...he's got this lol.

4. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

My children will come first. I take care of my man too, but my daughter and little ones come first in most instances. My boys will fend for themselves. I'll make food and announce when it's ready for them lol

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Children always come first no matter what instance it is. What kind of man would I be doing that, personally I find that despicable.

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

If they are babies or little kids, the children comes first. But as teens and adults...fix it their damned selves. And they should clean up after themselves too.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly. Fool are your hands and legs broke...get ypur ass up and fix your plate

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly take care of the kids. However dad should get the biggest piece of the chicken

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lol mamas are a different breed I think. My kids most definitely clean up after themselves but I'll be making their plates until my last days lol. Same with my nieces and nephews...Auntie Raider doesn't mess around when it comes to her littles. I take care of the men in my family the same way...make their plates, get their drinks, whatever they need. The beauty though is that they'd do the same for me. Family takes care of each other.

10. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I serve the kids first, kids come first in my house and that's how it was when I was growing up and also in my Nan and Grandads house.

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I've never really paid attention to it. My parents were old school, but I was always the last one to the table ( I hate to stop whatever it is I'm doing just to eat) and I'm still the same way. By the time I got to the table the food was plated. I had no idea in what order.

I guess it really doesn't matter as long as I get to eat good food. Whatever works in your houseold I guess.

If I had kids and my wife fixed their plates first, I wouldn't care. Nor, would I think twice about her fixing my plate first. We're about to eat the same meal at the same time anyway. So, it really doesn't matter. In my house, no one eats until everyone is seated anyway unless there's a reason to do so otherwise.

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think each able-bodied adult should fix their own plate after the children are covered.

13. Milk N Cookiez

Milk N Cookiez New Member

his ass is grown, he can make his own damn plate

14. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Both my grandparents and mom & step dad handled it so that the man would get his food first, then the kids, and last the woman.

Being raised that way,I may try to keep that up,once I have my own family.
    However kids can be a little impatient at times. So I may fix their plates first eventually.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'll add that I think making a child's plate after the adults helps to teach that child patience and that they aren't the center of the universe. Something my parents were very big on teaching my hyper active little bad ass.

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Adults feed themselves and the children wait to be served until they are old enough and responsible enough to do it themselves.

17. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Sexist question

Should a woman fix her man's plate first or her children's?

Racist question

Should a black man shine the right shoe or the left shoe first?

Ruminate.

18. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

So raw...I'm liking you even more! :rock:

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This. In both instances, the questions pose two alternatives: to serve this person or that person? But in the final analysis, you will serve.

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You two have not gotten to know a northside type thread yet lol.....:mrgreen:

Enjoy the Nativity.. I wish I could