Animated Favorites (Cartoons & Anime)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Castlevania on Netflix. Basically an animated horror comic book feast. Watch both seasons for a complete story arc.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Megalobox & Radiant on the anime watch list.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Finally Season 2 coming in April....

One-Punch Man's Season 2 premiere will be on April 9, 2019 in both Japan and America. New episodes will air weekly.

One-Punch Man Season 2's subtitled premiere will be exclusive to Hulu in North America, at least initially. It remains to be seen whether a dubbed version will eventually air on Toonami like Season 1 did.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Have you watched any of the Diamond is Unbreakable chapter yet?

I know that the one after, Golden Wind is on a couple of streaming channels on Roku. Non dubbed of course.

6. Tamstrong

So far I've watched the first few episodes. They have the show through the Diamond is Unbreakable season on Hulu; the Phantom Blood chapter is a mix of dubbed & subbed. I've seen bits and pieces of the following chapters that my son has shown me, but I don't know what streaming service he uses.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Toonami/Adult Swim had the dubbed versions of the 1st 3 seasons. I think they only have the last half of Diamond is Unbreakable on the Adult Swim streaming app.

Yeah, I've also seen bits and pieces of later chapters just by chance flipping through various streaming channels on my Roku. It's weird because their are anime related channels that will have full dubbed versions of certain series and only subbed versions of others. I like when they give options for both because most of the time I want to watch what's going on rather than read the subtitles and miss out on what's actually going on.

8. Tamstrong

Hulu's season one offers some episodes either way, and some episode's are just one or the other. Some shows I like dubbed and some I don't. Watching rather than having to read subtitles is the catch-22 for me. Sometimes they screw things up when they dub them. If I'm able to, I like to check it out both ways before really getting into a show to see how they compare. I find myself leaning toward the Japanese version a lot of the time, because the English versions often don't get the delivery or mood right. It also just sounds better in Japanese in most cases.

9. thwurefet5

thwurefet5 New Member

I generally prefer subs to dubs, but JJBA is a little different. I’d say the the dub really adds to the overall campiness and ridiculous nature of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency; but Stardust Crusaders and Diamond Is Unbreakable are better subbed.

The last (subbed) Golden Wind episode is released today. It’s about Dio’s son and the tone/plot is most similar to Stardust Crusaders, in case you all were wondering.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Big 3 showed up at the end of last season and look to be apart of the story for this upcoming season.

I liked the first season so hopefully there's a season two.

Bungo Stray Dogs. Three Seasons. One ongoing story.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

When this show first premiered it took me a little while to warm up to it, now it is one of my favorite currently running series, animated or otherwise. One of the things I like the most about it is that the English version doesn't phone it in unlike some other dubbed series do.

12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Halfway through this. It's a combination of 70's Grindhouse/Blaxploitation & Kung-Fu flicks done as an anime.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

If there were ever two episodes to watch of My Hero Academia I'd watch Season 4 episodes 13 & 14 These were two of the best anime show episodes I've ever seen.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Season 4 overall has so far been a very good season.

Yeah, Episode 14 was definitely an episode I think everyone who is a fan of the show has been wanting to see since Midoriya got his quirk.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member