Netflix Instant Queue Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by 4north1side2, Aug 10, 2015.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Agreed. Absolutely incredible.

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

The Chateau was a really good, suspenseful (ultra short) series. Its got subtitles which was difficult because I'm generally multitasking when the tvs on lol. Totally worth the time I invested in it though!

Watching The Rain right now (post apocalypse type series) and it's completely addicting! Definitely worth trying out.

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Finally started watching "13 reasons why" over the Memorial Day weekend and I highly recommend it to all fans of the teen drama genre of television. It raises the bar in a manner I could only have hoped for when I was in college or high school because it goes so HARDCORE!! Honestly I hated the first few episodes of season 1 but as I got familiar with the format (constant and unannounced flashbacks) it really took off by episode 4, season 1. Now I am nearly done watching season 2 which just dropped on this month and IGNORE THE HATERS because this series has avoided the sophmore slump and gotten even better because it is more action packed than the initial season and you get more payoffs and results than season 1 which will really test your patience with slowly developing plot but hang in there because you will love episode 4 if you do and then you are so invested that the episodes begin to fly by which is how u know its gotten good. Tremendous diversity in the casting as well and NETFLIX has done it again in the teen drama genre with shows like "Stranger Things" and "Greenhouse Academy", I have to say that "13 reasons why" hits a homerun for anyone wanting something that really resonates with their inner 15 year-old . . . especially season 2!!

***** FIVE STARS

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm here to put you on to a Netflix series with some serious IR potential but we have to push for them to continue financing it thru season 5 since season 3 is upcoming and ready for release later this year: Medici: Masters of Florence.

Season 1 featured Richard Madden of Game of Thrones fame as the protagonist Cosimo De Medici from the storied banking Florentine family of Renaissance Europe. I'm not going to hype it as comparable to GoT because it obviously isn't but there are some common elements shared via beautiful white women and gorgeous locations plus the treachery and unexpected deaths.

We got to get as many views from ourselves our coworkers and cousins to watch seasons 1&2 Medici the magnificent which features Cosimo's grandson opposite Sean Bean in season 2. I'm completely confident that season 4 will be greenlit if we get on board with this series and that will showcase Lorenzo De Medici ( grandson of Medici the magnificent) and the resurgence of the House De Medici with the birth of the Black De Medici's in late season 4!!

What is clear to me is that with the age of women upon us that Netflix wants to take the Medici series down thru Catherine De Medici which could span seasons 6-8 honestly but before that it would behoove them to showcase her big brother Alessandro whose mother gained the favor of two of the most powerful men in Southern Europe and had both of them claiming his paternity and bestowing riches and prestige upon a strapping young lad of color who would grow to become the first hereditary Black monarch in Europe. Season 5 will have to be all about Alessandro "the Moor" De Medici and power & influence he welded as Patriarch of the most powerful financial institution in Renaissance Europe . . . and all the interracial bodice ripping affairs he engaged in as he was a notorious lothario, the consummate Casanova.

Starz' Davinci' Demons conceived a character called Carlo De Medici but he was a poor inspiration of this historical patron of the Arts and founder of the first hereditary Florentine Monarchy ( Duke of Florence and Duke of Penne) who enjoyed the paternal favor of the Holy Father himself at the time Pope Clement VII as well as his nephew Lorenzo De Medici ( historians debate to this very day whether one or the other was ACTUALLY his biological father but they both publicly claimed him for the forbidden love they shared for his mother a Medici maid of African ancestry).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix's July 2019 lineup is offered in this clip.