The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Aladdin - Official Trailer

[​IMG]

I knew Naomi Scott was beautiful from the pics we have posted here with her husband, but here she looks INCREDIBLY Beautiful!

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

WIll Smith as the genie... I'm still at a loss for words, but not in a good way.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I'm ready for all of the DC CW shows to get cancelled. I'm all caught up on Titans and Doom Patrol, and I'd rather watch shows on DC Universe because they are actually adult and aren't always catering to the "Teen SJW" crowd. I am sold on DC Universe and Depending on how Disney does with their star wars stuff coming out, I might get their app too.

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

On the comments section of the movie trailer, someone actually said he's a magic negro trope.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I suppose we would have to watch it to find out.

Off subject, I like your signature gif.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

WB/DC still has Marvel beat in the animation department.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. RicardoCooper

Will was also the Magic Negro in "The Legend of Bagger Vance" with Matt Damon

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

Neflix rolled out a new poster for season 2 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina earlier today.

[​IMG]

11. SilverSmith

New Avengers: Endgame trailer + poster.

[​IMG]

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's a little too spoilery for my taste. I'm not watching any more trailers now.

Also, it's a little messed up that they have Okoye on the poster but the actress playing her doesn't get her name on the poster.

13. darkcurry

Kate Bishop sighting...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

... Between her and Monica Rambeau proves we're getting new characters introduced. Meaning Endgame is happening in more ways than one.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Can we get, at least a couple of superheroes, wearing their superhero masks? Fuck the actors. People want to see the superheros. That's the whole point. And it's one of my few gripes with the MCU. No real secret identities and too much "face time."

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Bruh...... did you see the series "Tudors?" lol

16. darkcurry

17. RicardoCooper

You get them with their masks on in the movie. Producers don't pay for all those pretty faces to not put them on the poster. That's one of the things I love about the MCU, how the costumes work with or without masks. I also love how they ditched the whole secret identity concept except for Spidey (but Aunt May finds out at the end of Homecoming)

18. RicardoCooper

I am incredibly geeked for this. I was in tears at the end of this trailer yeah I said it

I tried to feel Brie Larson but I just don't. Just blank-faced. People on Twitter were going crazy about Captain Marvel and Thor getting together. But why, if she's a lesbian lol

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Nah, that was always part of the fun of superheroes. Without the secret identities their just specialized adventures. I don't need that much realism in my escapism. That's the worst part of an otherwise flawless MCU.

20. RicardoCooper

We agree to disagree. Stark coming out as Iron Man at the end of Iron Man 1 set the precedent

I'm old school and used to get annoyed at how they would twist the plot solely for the actor to take his mask off (see Michael Keaton revealing his identity to Kim Basinger in Batman Returns or the plot gymnastics to get Tobey's mask off in all three of his Spider-Mans, or The Shadow when Alec Baldwin was only The Shadow at the beginning of the movie and then was Alec Baldwin for the rest).

The MCU just said fuck it and outed them. A secret ID would be old school IRL when all anybody has to do is Google you. It's a great balance between them fully suited up and maskless (Cap: The Winter Soldier where he was plainclothes 2/3 of the movie) but sometime it doesn't work (Iron Man 3)

Secret IDs are part of the old school DC pantheon no doubt (Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne etc), but these were second and third-tier Marvel characters before they blew up in movies. I think it was a good call

My .02