how long should u wait before having sex

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, Sep 18, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]0McaurTf40s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

the video talks about how long they will wait for sex.

How long should u wait before having sex and why?

Men: if a woman doesnt give it up at certain time do u dump her? Why or why not?

Women: if a man doesnt go for it in a certain time do u dump him ? Why or why not?

2. hellified

hellified Active Member

whats funny is thru out the discussion the dynamic most used and expected is a man is supposed to pursue the woman.

and the dynamic of men holding all the respect cards. If he loses respect for her for sleeping with him "too soon" then he loses interest.

why are we still playing by these rules in the 21st century??

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Because they work.

4. hellified

hellified Active Member

for who?? clearly women are frustrated with it

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Frustrated with what?

6. hellified

hellified Active Member

lets put it this way...YOU don't have a problem with the dynamic but not all women feel that way...

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Clearly you're not a member of singles or relationship discussion groups or you would know that there are many, many women who feel just as I do and could have written that post.

Women want respect just like men do and there are still a lot of traditional women who want to be courted and want to be in an exclusive, serious relationship before giving up the cookie.

8. hellified

hellified Active Member

and the dynamic is your respect is tied to your vagina or how often you use it... his respect isn't tied to his penis tho..

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

But maybe it should be. Ijs.

10. hellified

hellified Active Member

or maybe no ones respect should be tied to their genitals at all...

have you ever just wanted to fuck someone without being in a relationship?

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Once.

But to answer the question, I don't think there's any set time frame for people to engage in sex. It depends on the two people involved and what they agree on. But no one should feel coerced. For me, I want to wait until I know I am with someone who's going to be there for the long haul. If it takes waiting for a wedding band to do that, I'll do it. Others don't share that belief and that's okay. I'm not going to impose my beliefs on anyone else.

In your initial post, you ask why are these rules still in effect for 2015 and what I was addressing was your comment where you said that it's expected that a man will pursue a woman. I'm traditional enough to believe that that is the only way it should be, though it's not to say that women can't indicate an interest in a man. But if I want a man to be the leader and head of my home, he needs to be that way from the start and me pursuing him isn't going to achieve that end result. And there are many, many women out there who share that view.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'll re-phrase my answer and say there one individual that I wanted to have sex with that I didn't wish to be in a relationship with. It was pure sexual attraction.

Sorry, I'm not a man and choose partners with my little head.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You know how men choose partners?
    [​IMG]

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Y'all aren't that hard to figure out. Especially when some of you admit it. Wait - I won't generalize. SOME of you aren't that hard to figure out.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I think the idea of set timeframes (5 dates as an example) is absolutely ridiculous. If I sleep with a man on the first date and "he loses respect for me", buh bye. I have no desire to entertain a hypocrit. If the chemistry is there, I don't see anything wrong with women making the adult decision to go for it. Withholding sex only increases your worth, to a man who thinks your value as a human being is defined by what's between your legs. My self respect isn't based on anything that shallow and I think women do themselves an incredible disservice by entertaining that mind set.

To answer your question tho...I have no expectations of how long it should take a man to make a move. It all depends on our chemistry. If he seems disinterested in me or our time together, I'll move it along. If he's blowing me up 24/7 but everytime we get together he keeps his distance, Id ask him what's up.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yet you don't understand why a man might prefer masturbation to sex. Interesting

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I understand it just fine. I just don't agree with it.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]