Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Alcohol?

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I do drink. But not to excess. I've never not remembered the night before nor have I gotten sick from it.

I have a little switch in my brain that tells me when I've had enough and I stop and switch to water or soda.

But, those were the days when I went to bars/clubs. I'm too old for that now.

Now, my drinking tends to just be when I'm celebrating stuff with the family and I'll have a glass or two of wine. Sometimes going out with work people I'll have a beer or two. But that happens rarely these days.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Convertible still has a windscreen/shield.
    Bike probably gets da boot.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You and l are so alike.
    I will throw in some Margi's..my friends have machines, and there's a margi bar we sometimes go to as well.
    I love sipping on some khaluha and sweet drinks/cocktails more for the taste than the alcohol.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Back in High School, a dentist put me on demerol (an opiate) when he removed my wisdom teeth (had all of then done at once) and it felt incredible. The chair literally felt like it was floating. He said "in a minute you won't care what I do to your mouth." He was right. It felt so good he could have literally been taken all of my teeth out and showing them to me and I still wouldn't have cared. The experience was so extraordinary, to this day, I ask people did the dentist get them high when they got their wisdom teeth removed. If not, I tell them they got cheated. lol. Drugs are crazy. I would be too scared to ever do demerol on my own, let alone heroin. Tempting fate could end up badly.

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I did the exact same thing as a young adult!!! For fear of having the addictive nature I refused to takes my prescription Dorvacet. Lol

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn :smt043

I'm no expert but pretty sure you would have been good. The only narcotics that you really have to worry about are the opiates or opioids they tend to be the addictive bunch because they don't just get rid of the pain, they make you feel really good. People abuse the other stuff too, but some people just like abusing whatever they can get their hands on.

You were smart tho. Better to error on the side of caution any day!

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

It is official. You can leave a country in terrible shape and come over here just to be killed.:smt011 I feel sorry for the sister and thankful that we never had to deal with the police. It is so hard to come to this country and start all over but to lose one of your family members in an area that you are almost all alone with no one to identify with your culture. I hope she has people. Getting out of control.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This happens a lot. A relative calls about an unstable relative with mental illness losing it, and the cops shoot them. I haven't seen the video but comments l read is he got in a firing stance and pretended to have a gun? I will look at it tonight.
    Still very sad. I wouldn't call police if my relative was having an episode. IDK what I'd do to stop my relative, but l wouldn't expect them to understand the situation and be terrified they'd kill them.

11. archangel

It shouldn't happen here in the USA. By a lot, I assume you mean not a lot because this is the first time that I have heard of this happening in the USA. I remember the Canadian one but that was a guy from poland.

There is no video released to my knowledge as of yet. The police have to release what fits their narrative. The picture shows that you can make out that he had no gun and another officer was able to deploy a tazer as in he knew he had nothing in my opinion.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It happens a lot. I recall at least three..one here in Philly, too.
    There is a video
    (from the video - he's in blue jeans)
    [​IMG]
    Edit my mistake..video link is from the aftermath.

Also.. just saw on CBS news that she told 911 he had a history and was having an episode..but the responding cops weren't told. Their Department actually have a special unit to deal with just 911 mental health calls but weren't dispatched. I keep saying the lack of communication between callers, dispatchers and cops is severely lacking.
    Regular cops only get 8 hrs training to handle M.I calls. Awful.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  13. archangel

Yea I think we have a disagreement on what a lot is here. I would not think 3 is a lot. 1000 500 100 but lets say 4 with my comment. and I assume it wasn't 3 this year....

I predict a lawsuit and some money. Blood Money as I am calling it. I think the other cop saw. I can see with that crappy video. The other officer had to have seen to user the tazer instead of a gun.

I just feel real bad for the sister to survive all of that in uganda only to lose your brother.:smt011

14. archangel

got my hopes up and all

I'm as disappointed as a DC fan hoping that Batman vs Superman was going to make up for everything

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oops ..sorry, lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh yeah, this is awful what happened.

As for a lot..it's way more than four. I read about them often. Oftentimes they have a weapon so it's not national news...

Btw..

"About one in four fatal police encounters involve someone with mental illness, according to the report, released Thursday by the Virginia-based Treatment Advocacy Center, which focuses on the needs of people with serious mental illness."

This is a superb article on it..
    Understanding Mental Illness calls

16. archangel

I think you missed my point but I also didn't elaborate on it. My first post didn't talk about mental illness for a reason. It was more on the black immigrant experience ...also immigrant experience to smaller degree(polish man in Canada)

I suspect that she thought in her own way that the police are there to help. I mean why would you think differently if you come from a country with little to no racism but this is the USA. I've often told my mom be careful when calling the police. You are inviting someone with a gun with possibly preconceived notions of people. The gun alone is a problem.

You went into the mental illness and I agree. I have no doubt that it happens a lot.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I understood your point. I was adding to it.

18. archangel

When you think america can't sink any lower....

[YOUTUBE]svLGQBuYyqc[/YOUTUBE]

19. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I never understood the fear of clowns and how it's one of the most common phobias. It's just a guy wearing make up.

20. archangel

apparently love youself is a bieber song.....
    wasn't surprised that it was him.