Social Media hails Baltimore Mom who caught her Son Rioting

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

If her parenting was so good, he wouldn't have been out there trying to participate.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Your kids will test you.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How long have you been a parent?

5. archangel

Not quite as long as my ma and pa! over 20 years of nonrioting activities and still going!

I want to take the time to thank my mom and dad for teaching me not to go to riots. I know the media won't give you two credit for parenting but I appreciate it.

6. The Dark King

Your parents had little to do with it, its just not your nature fam

7. archangel

sure

8. K

K Well-Known Member

That goes beyond a kid testing his parents. Parenting does have something to do with whether or not a kid is going to jump into this and the ways they choose to do so. Good for her for stepping in and taking some responsibility for the situation and taking upon herself to handle it.

It's also not just Arch's nature but also the way he was raised (parenting) that makes up who and how he is.

9. The Dark King

You really think so?
    What about being a rapist or serial killer? Do you think parenting has anything to do with that?
    Granted good parenting kept me in school when I wanted to quit, good parenting gave me a strong work ethic but no one had to tell me not to burn shit down or throw rocks at people. Then again what do I know

10. archangel

lack of parenting is more than likely what partially added to people being serial killers or rapist.

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Homie gonna get laughed off the block when the smokes settles. Get em' moms. My mom woulda knocked my ass out for acting out that hard.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

As a kid you didn't throw rocks at other kids?

13. The Dark King

No I grew up in the burbs we threw snowballs savage lol
    The only time I saw a rock fight was in Jamaica as a kid.

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Is that common?

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn....

I have war stories. Lol

I thought so. Maybe not. Guess the environment would be the biggest factor. Moms definitely told me not to, but it seemed like everyone was at the time.

16. archangel

You had to at some point realize that it hurts when you get hit by a rock and didn't want any part of it, no?

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not that simple. We were all immature, but what are you gonna do as a kid when you have a tense situation with bad ass kids? Talk it out? Don't quite work that way, and I wasn't gonna stay in the house.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

THIS.

And even when you're mature and should know better, sometime you still give into peer pressure in order not to be seen as odd person out if everyone else around you is doing something they probably shouldn't be.

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Are Palestinian mothers bad parents when their sons protest and riot??

20. archangel

If palestinian parents taught their children to not riot and the cildren did not, then that is good parenting. It is likely that for every one Baltimore child in the riot there is likely two that were at home.