Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Do we gotta a list of Netflix/Amazon/Hulu Original movies that fit within the topic of the thread?

I usually wait for a film's Blu-ray/DVD release to watch it, if I didn't see it in theaters. But with these Netflix films, I'm starting to realize they will probably never get a Home Video release. So I should've seen them shorttly after they were released on Netflix instead of waiting for the home video release like I do with theatrical films.

2. ColiBreh1

Here's a good press run interview that Nina Dobrev & Tone Bell did this week for "Dog Days":

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

They've got good rapport. I'd check out a show with them.

4. ColiBreh1

I finally watched "Sleight" a couple weeks ago. I actually felt during the 1st half of the film that the IR involving the lead character/Jason Lattimore, developed way too fast and felt forced. The chick was too comfortable sleeping in the same bed with him & turned into a ride or die GF way too quick. She immediately wanted to go out on a date with Jacob Latimore's character after only just meeting him while he doing magic tricks on the sidewalk for money. Despite the fact that their 1st date went bad or was cut short, she was looking forward to a 2nd date.

But they did a solid job explaining why their relationship felt so rushed in the middle of movie when
    it was revealed that she was being physically abused at home. So it would make make sense she would rather hangout out his house with his family & sleepover every night of dude she barely just started dating than dealing with her abusive home life.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

^^ Still one of the most underrated sci-fi flicks about a person with powers.

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Just watched the movie on KODI last month too. Surprised Vince McMahon financed it via WWE Studios. It ends like we should get a sequel so let's hope so!! The latina was very enticing in such a comfortable, easy-fit Ivy Sullivan way. Found out her mom is white and dad is half

7. ColiBreh1

Sofia Boutella (The same actress who played Michael B. Jordan's love interest in the HBO film "Fahrenheit 451") plays Sterling K. Brown's ex-GF in the film "Hotel Artemis" that came out a couple months ago:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  8. darkcurry

^^ I seen a scene on TV for a commercial spot of this movie that was similar to this, but I didn't know who it was that was with him because the cut was so fast. So I just ignored it. lol.

9. ColiBreh1

I literally just got put onto this movie while randomly browsing my tumblr feed. I saw gifs on Tumblr for this hood crime dramedy film called "Blindspotting" starring, co-written, & co-produced by Daveed Diggs. It's a sundance film that got it's wide release on July 27th. Janina Gavankar plays the love interest of Daveed Diggs' character:

This will be the 2nd film/TV show I've seen her involved in a IR with a BM.

EDIT:

This movie has both great critics & audience review score on Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blindspotting

How the fucc did this movie not get more buzz from the black/urban audience?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your boy Common is bringing the IR to the big screen again.

11. ColiBreh1

Oh shit, I've had a thing for Mary Elizabeth Winstead for years. I guess I gotta put this "All About Nina" film in my to watch list.

Common is 1 those black male celebs who panders to BW/SJWs on social media, so I'm surprised he's willing to this.

I'm still waiting for @JamalSpunky name all the films Common has been in where he's involved in a IR.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  12. darkcurry

^^ He is a liberal. Some of it's political pandering to just do it out of spite of the right and not get called out by black women for not protecting them. But I thought about it and Common pretty much kept his acting career wide open and diverse. But here in this flick he is being portrayed as a rare not only main love interest but sex symbol that has the potential to stir them up. All it takes is one of them to say something or the root to put out an article about it. lol.

But yeah @JamalSpunky still owe us an explanation because I'm only seeing it recently. Remember he had a love scene that was mentioned here with Laura Dern on some HBO show or movie.

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

oooh...oooh...oooh!

"Here and Now"
    "All About Nina" obviously
    "The Tale"
    "A Happening of Monumental Proportions"
    "X/Y" (Latina love interest)

Feels like I'm missing something.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

^You're gonna have to help me out with Here and Now. I can't find anything.

15. ColiBreh1

Here's the Wikipedia page of the "Here and Now" film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_and_Now_(film)

There's no trailer on Youtube & I haven't seen anything online that mentions Common's character will have a love interest, so I don't know how @JamalSpunky came to the conclusion that Common will be involved in a IR in this film.

16. darkcurry

^^ It probably change it's title back to the original one called Blue Night.

No trailer... yet.

But this review alludes to "history" with Ben(Common's Character.) and a possible soulmate for Vivienne(Sarah Jessica Parker's character.).

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/blue-night-review-sarah-jessica-parker-1201955426/

I think All About Anna looks and sounds better imo. lol.

But damn Common is ready to risk it all with these movies playing white women's love interest. LOL! Careful, those black female SJWs are watching. lol.

17. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The original film title was indeed Blue night but if you try to track it down you have to use its current title name Here and Now which is why I listed it.

Yes, Common has been cast as the love interest for a lot of white middle age women. He's the current Go-To black guy for Hollywood on that front. He's not getting any negative pushback perhaps because either the black community doesn't care enough about him or because these films are normally small budget movies that escape black people's radar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I wondered if the sister did not have the IR with the White friend of the main character would it have a big buzz in the community?

19. Soulthinker

Hope to see that flick soon.

20. Soulthinker

Could be since social media in the community can be vicious.