"she's not hip hop" says hip hop star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

I can see what you're saying tho -- helps that you put it in that perspective. I'm thinking about that. It's good.

This is going to sound stupid but I remember hearing a white guy say something that sounded like he was jealous that black ball players have so much success. I remember thinking "JC, let them have baskeball." In other words, whites do have everything. And then we resent the few boys that take a mic or a ball and manage to get ahead. Why don't we let them have capital? lol

2. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

It is bliss being white in America. I never suggested to the contrary.

Race representation - whether in music or movies - is a whole 'nother subject. Not at all what I was talking about. I said "success measured by $". that's different than "representation"

3. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Look, if you own something, don't be looking over your shoulder for who's gonna take it from you. Do you really believe white men can take your music? Come on. Ever heard of the Blues?

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not really not when our political system literally allows money to be representative of a cause not actual people. The fight for capital will become even more fierce because of it

5. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

Can I roll with you? Can I be down with you?

6. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

You'll have to hustle to keep up but hell yeah

7. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Sure. It's complicated.

8. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

Aw shit...

Now let me ponder the many possibles and get back to you

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

They can have our music....we take their women. Fair enuff....Done and done.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That music is the main reason they even look at your black ass twice.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

My swag...my brother ....my swag. I wonder what will be the new catch phrase that will replace swag.

Lol

12. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I could pack a tent and a hammock, go to Africa and spend years studying the Lions on the Serengeti. I could even learn to roar and lick my paw, but that doesn't make me 'about that lion life'.

Unfortunately for the many consumers, but fortunately for anybody looking to exploit hip hop, the industry has been watered down to the point that hip hop is no longer representative of 'that life'. I have officially turned into my parents, because I just cannot get into this bullshit y'all listen to these days. Most of it is not Hip Hop, it's Hip Pop.

Pfft Nicki Minaj... Iggy Izalea (or however the hell it's spelled)

13. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I've heard on the grapevine that you're all about the crunk.

Crunk and 80's romantic boy bands

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Realist shit you ever wrote

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I
    I get what you are saying but lets be honest

So what about the life "peter piper" by run dmv was representing or "the jam" by shabba ranks and krs one.
    Tell me when sugar hill gang said "to the hip hop the hippity hop you dont stop to the bang bang boogie" they were what about that life?
    Or when whodini did "5 minutes of funk" that was huh?

No one questioned any of these guys about being authentic
    If that stuff came out today, according to these so-called purist of hip hop,..these guys would be sellouts.

Im tired of hear it doesnt represent that life. Im not about that life. Im a black man. Black men dont sell dope and glorify it or buy shit that does.
    I buy music to dance to and have fun.
    Public enemy is the only ones that was down like a bm in their shit.
    If iggy came out in the 80s i dont think people wpuld have said too much of anything.
    Personally im gonna go listen to fancy again in a sec...fuck all that shit.

Its just a few bw in the game mad at ww doing it up and getting love from the masses. They werent mad when whites were buying it.

They (nicki and digga) need to up their game.
    Its bullshit about the " she dont write her own rhymes" argument

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

When the Sugar Hill Gang dropped rappers delight, they caught a lot of shit because they weren't seen a real MCs. One, because the group was put together by Sylvia Robinson like a boy band. They didn't come together themselves like other crews back then. Two, Big Bank Hank bit his verse from Grandmaster Caz from Cold Crush's rhyme book, all the way down to the "I'm the C-A-S-A-N-O-V-A and the rest is F-L-Y", which was Caz's full stage name plus the Grandmaster. Whodini, Run-DMC, etc didn't catch shit about authenticity because they came together like other crews and created their own stuff. On top of that, a lot of MCs thought Rappers Delight was just a corny ass song.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Im not shitting on whay u are saying but for me if she was rapping about trapping when she hasnt then yeah i gpt you. But she rapping bout drinking and her ass.

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Word

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt038:smt038:smt038

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

You sound like you just came to America from Bumfuckistan or some shit.

Jimi Hendrix wasn't a rapper and he was highly desired by WW.

Jazz Brothers were nailing WW long before this hip-hop trash came along.

What about that??