Whites See "Black" Americans as less competent than "African" Americans

Discussion in 'Getting Ahead: Careers, Finance and Productivity' started by VitaminRich, Jan 4, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Funny thing is they do shit like this but get away with it due to affluenza lol

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Thank you.

And out of boredom.

Don't forget greedy rich adults too, who kill over getting more money.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Holy crap you people do know I was being sarcastic right, lol

Ok I'm officially scared right now........

4. K

K Well-Known Member

I completely understand....this happens to be my general field of work LOL. As such, I have learned to really take a hard look at any/all possible skewing of reports/stats related.

We definitely have generations of welfare recipients as well. And quite frankly, those who are coming into services temporarily (as they are meant) can learn a lot from those who are generational. There is a great deal to it all. It's a lot of work, persistence, and tenacity to get any services. Truly, working is often much easier!

I just really question the idea that the AVERAGE is 63K per family received (in the US?) Maybe that comes from the premise of ALL who apply and have been approved for ALL of the services.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You're not lying. Walmart got $1billion in govt subsidies.
    Wal-Mart part-time employees are a huge number of food stamp recipients. Wal-Mart work the Govt like a champ.

No TDK...many people actually work the system very well. The ones you see on the street likely don't. I told you before, .there are actually illegals who live in govt housing while Vets roam homeless.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

So true.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL

Nah they go for the "white collar crimes"

8. The Dark King

I'm not saying it doesn't happen all of course there are scumbags milking the system if men were angels we wouldn't need government.
    I just think its weird that when we talk about this kind of stuff the focus is never on military spending that builds hundreds of tanks we will never use or unnecessary military occupation in places like Japan and Germany. Instead we focus on the money being soaked up by individuals gaming the system when its nowhere close to the billions we lose in other areas. It's like we're saying hey its ok to game the system unless you're actually needy then its bad.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes, that was stated, down to the school breakfast/lunch program and free internet.
    I think though based on your and FG responses....it's seperate from what people apply for. ie: what one is entitled to versus what one applies for might be the disconnect in our discussion.

You sound like you work as an advocate?

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Free healthcare on medicaid alone is worth like half that 60k

That shit is sweet as fuck

No premiums, free meds, no hospital bills

You just need to be disabled tho......hmmm

11. K

K Well-Known Member

One of the worst things you can be is poor in America.

I think about how a 2bit criminal steals some food or some money and goes to jail/prison vs. the ponzie schemers where they take millions and end up in the country club prison system for a short amount of time.

12. The Dark King

Have you seen what passes for free lunch and breakfast, loaded with cheap shit. And internet is actually pretty cheap its the companies that make it expensive.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

But that was not said here, let's make that clear. In general society , yes that is "inferred" so l agree with you there...l absolutely feel there should not be one Danm poor American....even if our poor is filled with subsidies. I agree with you -it's a sin we send money for missiles and no one says much.
    However having said all that....l still stand by that being poor or unemployed does not make you become a violent criminal. While for a few it does, for most it does not. All the rest, we agree on.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I've been looking at some articles which discuss white collar crime and how we don't take their offenders seriously

This has been known for quite some time tho

Fleecing people for millions doesn't seem as bad as.....knocking a guy out and stealing his 60 dollar sneakers

15. The Dark King

Fuck that just having a good lawyer means that if commit a violent crime where people die you get off but if you have a public defender they push a deal down your throat that cost you decades of your life and the only difference is who argued better?
    We are quickly returning to calvanist ideals where being wealthy and poor is God's plan and if your poor God wanted it that way so tough shit.

16. K

K Well-Known Member

'

Actually, depending on income level, non-disabled people can now qualify as well. Some states have their own state version of Medicaid. But under the Obama Care in every state people can qualify for free coverage based on their income (no disability needed).

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm just saying...if ur tallying up the total package like my job does (wages, healthcare, etc), I can see how big numbers get thrown around when dealing with the poor

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yet they over bill the Govt. (@ cable, Comcast say they donate it but they get free property taxes for 15 yrs from the city....so is it really donated?
    Section 8 housing (landlords) is another example. Hell Halliburton's contracts... did you see how they bilked the Govt?. Of course Chaney knew no one would do shit about it.

19. The Dark King

Well of course you're right being poor on its own doesn't make one a criminal certain choices coupled with how you're treated after you make those choices.
    I got caught shoplifting when I was a young teen (first and only time I ever did shit like that I was awful at it lol). I remember being in family court and the advocate I dealt with mumbled shit like both parents in the picture and good student, good school while writing on some forms. Barely looked at me and sent us home with a warning. I know for most people that's just not the case. If I were a teen from Yonkers, Philly, Harlem etc and my mom was a single mom on welfare no second chances given. My ass would have went to a group post haste. While in the group home lord knows who and what I'd be exposed to. I'm saying poverty by itself doesn't make shit happen, but it does close a lot of roads making only a few available.
    For a lot of career criminals it doesn't start with an intent to do harm just a really dumb mistake that snowballs into a lifetime of bs.

20. The Dark King

We know this yet we get more annoyed at Juanita and Tyrell for getting cheap rent and Jordans while some already rich mofo is milking us to death for shit they don't even need and can never spend.

And BTW Comcast and Time Warner are products of the devil so I'm not even a little surprised.