President sending 4,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola: "if they catch....

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

it, we'll treat them here..."

If U.S. troops get Ebola in Africa, they’ll get treatment in the U.S.

By Dan Lamothe October 7 at 12:39 PM
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...la-in-africa-theyll-get-treatment-in-the-u-s/
    ----------------------

Problem is, current cure methods in the Western world appear to be breaking down... I don't trust this decision right now.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So Liberian Eric Duncan has died.

A nurse in Spain also has just contracted it despite following all western medicine preventative protocols. She has no idea how she got it while treating a catholic priest who died after returning from Africa..

Also, our govt announced yesterday that its safe for passengers to fly on planes with people who have it/ during incubation, but dont show sick signs. That's comforting to know since they know everything sbout it.....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  3. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't believe the bullshit in the media about Ebola at all. They seem to be using wordplay when they say Ebola is not airborne. Airborne may technically mean that liquids are not required to pass the germs from one person to another, but if the virus can be transmitted by tiny particles of fluid in the air the public should know about it; doesn't matter if that qualifies as airborne or not. The studies show that its very possible that it can be transmitted by someone sneezing. *Tiny particles of liquid in the air*

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I heard on a news discussion that there are other countries whose top medical Brass disagree with the US CDC's assertion that it cant ever be transmitted through the air (your example/explanation sounds very feasable). It's possibly why one country (I think Nigeria?) ordered its residents confined to their homes while they go door to door in hazmat suits to teach its residents how to prevent contraction.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

After reading this tragic series of events leading up to his death, I think Duncan's family have legitimate questions (barring that he lied about exposure in order to come here), regardless, he was still sent home from the hospital....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-deadly-disease-bringing-America-Liberia.html

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

For those who want to truly understand what is happening, instead of just throwing out asinine/clueless insults to President Obama, below is a very informative article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2014/10/04/how-ebola-sped-out-of-control/

"The virus easily outran the plodding response. The WHO, an arm of the United Nations, is responsible for coordinating international action in a crisis like this, but it has suffered budget cuts, has lost many of its brightest minds and was slow to sound a global alarm on Ebola. Not until Aug. 8, 4 1 ? 2 months into the epidemic, did the organization declare a global emergency. Its Africa office, which oversees the region, initially did not welcome a robust role by the CDC in the response to the outbreak."

8. flaminghetero

I smell bullshit too.

The US wouldn't send 4 troops to stop people from being massacred but they are sending 4000 to stop ebola.

Hmmmm.

A White person with ebola lives but a Black person dies....

Hmmmm.

I bet if the Nazis had won WWII all these diseases would come from Isreal.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How does your link even DETRACT from the FACT, that OUR MILITARY COMANDER-IN-CHIEF'S picked SPOKESMAN of the African Division (Gen, Rodriguez), announcement that they are sending thousands of troops. Is he clueless? Assanine??? Is he insulting Obama??

You do know we ARE allowed to question the decision to send troops, ya?.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And this is why the evil Janjaweed have had full massacre/slaughter reign in the Sudan for almost a decade. It's beyond baffling that they never seemed to care.

This info below tells me its either a lie, or it has been gobbled up by the rich and powerful and put in a safe place...

"On Monday doctors began giving Duncan the experimental antiviral drug brincidovir, though he was never given ZMapp, the 'miracle drug' credited with curing two American healthcare workers who were infected with the disease. Health officials say are no more doses of ZMapp are left anywhere in the United States. ..."

Nor was he given a blood transfusion from Ebola survivors, but they gave their blood to try to save the NBC cameraman.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well if current cure methods are breaking down along with the possibility of transmission through protective clothing, I'd say the move may have been hasty and foolish

Why expose troops to that shit

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I was actually referring to Paniro's usual BS not you. Having questions regarding the strategy is normal and up for debate.

13. flaminghetero

Hmmmmm.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Good luck with that one

His agenda is clear as day

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. I thought otherwise.
    I actually didn't agree with his comment for them to resign... I do think because of the fast rate of the disease crossing the equator, our Govt heads are extremely pressured to (re)act, and like Petty said, it's a possibly hasty decision because the repercussions are magnified if the CDC and WHO have it wrong on what could be a resistant strain.

Yeah...

Blood brothers: American doctor who survived Ebola donates blood to NBC camerman who is fighting the deadly disease after flying home from Liberia

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

So I will point out a couple of things. I think they ran out of ZMapp before Thomas get the ebola.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/aug/11/san-diego-company-exhausts-supply-ebola-drug/

Ironically, they ran out giving it to africans over US citizens.

You may be right about the blood transfusion. You have to keep in mind about the types(A B O + -). There is also the issue that Thomas wasted time by "lying" and also being released for two days. Time was precious.

17. Negus

Negus New Member

You can call this a "Conspiracy Theory," but isn't it strange how all these deceases all tend to come from Africa? This man goes to the hospital and tells the Nurse that he was in Liberia visiting only be turned away and sent home. Then they give him an experimental drug that has never been used before. The doctors that volunteered over in Africa were sent to "Emory" in Atlanta. Emory is a "Teaching" hospital so they got the best care. I was at work at the Airport in Atlanta. We had a visit with CDC personnel at the airport and the black CDC worker dressed like a Naval Lieutenant Officer said and I quote. "We knew about this "outbreak" in West Africa for a very long time and we were trying to contain it and we knew that it would someday arrive in the United States." When he said this. all hell broke loose with all kinds of anger from the Customs & Border Protection Officers at the meeting. I believe that when we start having these Army soldiers with symptoms of the Ebola virus, only then will the United States get really serious about this! United States and the Allied nations should of took the lead in this as this is actually an issue of "National Security." Outbreaks are are similar to "Germ Warfare" as this will affect a lot of people. Over 3,000 dead and counting in West Africa.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I guess the plague that ravaged Europe was a conspiracy too

19. Negus

Negus New Member

Your missing the point that I am trying to make here. I am saying that it is strange how all these viruses seem to come from Africa as if Africans are being used as "Guinea Pigs" like black people were in the "Tuskegee Experiment."

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah like SARS was deployed to Asia to test it out on the Chinese

Shit don't forget agent orange

Mass experimentation on American troops and Vietnamese peoples